[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a frozen beef liver fillet sitting in my freezer. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: beefliver.jpg (24 KB, 440x212) Image search: [Google]
beefliver.jpg
24 KB, 440x212
I have a frozen beef liver fillet sitting in my freezer. What the fuck do I do with it? I've never had it.
>>
>>7826900
Cut into 1/4 inch thick slabs, marinate with garlic, milk, black pepper, no need for salt as it will come from the accompanied fries. In a lightly oiled pan and medium heat , sear it quickly then lower the fire for one or two minutes to make sure the inside is cooked.
Off fire, throw in some wine and let the fillet soak it up. Serve with fries and salad of choice.
>>
>>7827126
>no need for salt as it will come from the accompanied fries
add salt anyways
salt isn't added to food because you need it in your diet, it's added because food tastes better with it in there
if you're concerned about having too much salt, use less salt with your fries
>>
>>7826900
Make liver and onions with mashed potato, corn, fried greens and beef / onion gravy.

Adding bacon would be awesome too because you could fry everything in bacon grease and that could be part of the gravy.
>>
>>7826900

Chop it up and use it as bait to catch a fish, then cook and eat the fish.
>>
>>7827126
>>7827146
>>7827148
Can you guys describe the texture for me? Is it tough? Can you compare it to another cut?
>>
>>7827163
This.

Or throw it in the fucking trash.

Your choice.
>>
>>7826900
>eating the body's toxin filter
...why?
>>
>>7827357

Some people have a simplistic view of the liver and think of it as a "filter" that stores toxins, when in reality it creates enzymes that destroy them. People fear what they don't understand. Like you.

As for why to eat it? It's highly nutritious and it tastes good.
>>
>>7827180
>Is it tough? Can you compare it to another cut?

It's tough if you overcook it. Overlooked liver is nasty.
>>
>>7827180
Very tender, if you overcook it will be almost sandy in texture. Liver and onions is god-tier easymode dish though.
>>
Beef liver is disgusting and should really only be fed to pets

Veal liver is a great food but it needs to be literally taken out of the dead calf and put right on the pan, it goes bad fast and it's easy to overcook
>>
>>7826900
Put it in a bowl of milk so the flavour isn't 2strong4u

Slice up, lightly flour the slices and fry with onions and bacon. Don't overcook. If you cook it correctly it has a godlike melt in the mouth texture.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.