[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ck/ How retarded is It to try to spice pasta before It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So /ck/
How retarded is It to try to spice pasta before It's boiled?
Like, add salt and some other shit before turning the heat on?
Would that work?
>>
I mean, that's kind of the point of salting the water in the first place.
You could also try boiling it in a broth instead of water.
>>
>>7826791
Well, I was actually thinking about powdered spices like red peppers or curry.

Salting is a given but I was thinking If adding more than that is a thing
>>
Logic dictates that all the seasoning would be washed off the pasta since pasta couldn't retain those spices ala meat or vegetables.

Ergo it would make more sense to put the spices in the water or cook the pasta in stock/broth.

But hey I'm no chef and could be completely wrong.
>>
>>7826795
Nah
>>
>>7826795
It'd work best if it's a spice that dissolves into the water, like salt.
>>
To prevent starch gelatation

Source: I cook pasta alot
>>
>>7826779
what is she eating?
>>
>>7826806
Woah wait, english is not main language

Basically, adding more than salt destrys the pasta?
>>
>>7826818
Medium-full white condom.

A nippon delicacy.
>>
Personally i would just add the spices to your sauce instead of the paste itself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.