[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tikka masala how did I do senpaitachi first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0012.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0012.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Tikka masala how did I do senpaitachi first time
>>
>>7817904
What's wrong
>>
>>7817892
Looks like barely cooked chicken with diarrhea on top
>>
>>7817904
>some foods look like gross stuff!
thanks for that
>>
You fucked up m8, you need to cook the chicken separately before you try to use it to make tikka. Look up a recipe for tandoori chicken, grill it up, then use that chicken in your tikka. Trying to cook the chicken in the curry will always give you poor results.
>>
>>7817989
https://youtu.be/y-VjBxMufhw

Was trying to do this as a real chicken tikka masala addict in America to have an easy way, knowing fully well how you should marinate the chicken before.
>>
>>7818010
>>7817989
Would like to have the sauce much less watery as a major improvement, more like the puree in the video.
>>
>>7818010

If you're trying to mimic what you'd get in a Indian restaurant, you've gotta grill the chicken first and put a lot more effort into the sauce than Gordon's basic shit there. It looks good but it's not gonna be the same as a restaurant.

This guy gives good directions:

>http://www.greatcurryrecipes.net/2013/12/31/make-indian-restaurant-style-curry-sauce-large-batch/

This is useful if you want to get into (restaurant style) Indian cooking anyway since you can do all kinds of shit with a few simple additions to the base sauce.
>>
>>7817960
so he did it right, then.
>>
>>7817892
Looks like it needs cream and/or coconut milk. Did you use either of those?
>>
>>7818348
Yeah added in the bowl.

But I'm going to try it with tandoori and some more fat like the ghee.
>>
>>7817892
I dont know what its supposed to be, but I would eat it.
>>
>>7818433
Chicken tikka masala

Top entry tier Indian cuisine for the west, try it out in any city, even in America

It's pretty much the most palatable Indian dish, not even truly Indian in itself.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.