[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a French press and would like to make iced coffee. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I have a French press and would like to make iced coffee. How do I do this?
>>
Put water and coffee grounds together over night and leave it in your room or fridge. Press the plunger and pour. Dilute to taste.
>>
>>7817012
I've been doing that and it seems lacking. I didn't know if I was doing it wrong.
>>
>>7817010
Make coffee as usual, let it cool down some.
Pour over ice.
>>
>>7817019
more beans less water
>>
>>7817019
did you boil the water?
>>
>>7817019
add more sugar

iced coffee tastes better the stronger and sweeter it is
>>
>>>/ecg/
>>7810435
>>
What grinder are you using, OP?
>>
I just make a litre of coffee, pour it in a caraffe and let it cool in the fridge over night. I mix 3/5 coffee with 2/5 milk and ice cubes.
>>
>>7817010
This might be of interest: http://petergiuliano.tumblr.com/post/22177089634/why-you-should-stop-cold-brewing-and-use-the
I haven't tried it myself, but it basically just boils down to chilling coffee over ice immediately after it's been brewed
>>
>>7820467
>http://petergiuliano.tumblr.com/post/22177089634/why-you-should-stop-cold-brewing-and-use-the

This is amazingly precisely wrong, actually.

The reason cold brew is smoother and less bitter is exactly that it doesn't extract parts of the coffee that come at higher temps. It's also why when dealing with hot brew methods timing is very important. Taste the difference between an 18 second pulled espresso and 45 second pulled one for an example.

OP - just add the coffee, cold water, stick in the fridge overnight. Filter, pour.
>>
Buy something cheap that drips, make a cup of strong coffee with half as much water over a mug with ice in it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.