[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these actually worth using or is it just a meme? Kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
Are these actually worth using or is it just a meme?

Kind of wanna try one out, but it seems like it would just make anything you cooked on it salty as fuck.
>>
>>7812795
>it seems

If they didn't work, people wouldn't buy them.
>>
>>7812795
It's meme, my dad made some shrimp on one of those and it was good and well salted but you could just put some shrimp in a pan with salts kek. My dad is pretty meme sometimes though, caught him doing some "pulling" with coconut oil recently. Fuckin guy
>>
It's not really obnoxiously salty but obviously you wouldn't cook things that don't need a good amount on it.

I would still advice against it, it's more of a novelty purchase than anything else, something you might cook on once.
>>
>>7812799
Do people buy them though?
>>
>>7812802
So... you walked into your dad jacking off?
>>
>>7812802
>Not fapping with coconut oil
>>
File: scrot.jpg (56 KB, 930x989) Image search: [Google]
scrot.jpg
56 KB, 930x989
>>7812807
Apparently.
>>
>>7812810
Kek that would have been hilarious but no it's a meme way to clean your teeth. I think he learned about it from my crazy aunt
>>
>>7812818
you gotta tell you're dad to stop browsing reddit
>>
they are actually kind of nice because if you use it as a cutting board it is made of salt and bacteria cannot grow on it
>>
>>7813099
wouldn't your food get salty af tho
>>
>>7813111
its not that bad just dont use a ser. knife so you dont scratch the surface as much
>>
>>7812799
people think cooking is like video game
>>
>>7812799
>what is homeopathy
>>
File: 1441155736805.jpg (26 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1441155736805.jpg
26 KB, 330x319
>>7812839
GODDAMN YOU FUCKING REKT HIS ASS!!!
>>
>>7813123
At least apply yourself so you don't look like a dumbass
>>
New age hippie shit just put salt on your food goddamn
>>
>>7813120
strictly speaking, placebos do have a positive impact on health so that's not really a good comparison

for instance people always say mexican Coke tastes better but still prefer the american version in blind taste tests, but will rate their experiences better regardless of whether they are given american or mexican as long as they are told it is mexican
>>
>>7813651

It depends what is put to their mouth.

We have blind tested it amongst my peers and we figured out that glass bottle coke (local) was tastier than plastic bottle coke (foreign, Trinidad)

You can actually taste the plastic in the coke it's self. American's won't realise because they drink out of plastic bottle and aluminium cans all the time.
>>
>>7812816
Wtf? What if you accidently put it in the dishwasher?
>>
>>7813851
Nice generalization. Can Europe go one second without talking about Americans? God damn.
>>
>>7813651
Homeopathy is unethical for that very reason

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/placebos-as-medicine-the-ethics-of-homeopathy/

People buy it and repeatedly fail to get better, how is that a bad example?
>>
Wouldn't the juices of whatever you're cooking run off of it? Looks messy af.
>>
>>7814804
what if you drown in a bathtub

don't be retarded
>>
>>7814823
I was wondering exactly the same thing. I cook chicken breast alot and it gets all juicy on the table. I do use this salt though, is nice.
>>
>>7814804
>"Oops i accidentally put my 15 ton salt brick in the dishwasher without realizing it"
>>
>>7815473
i'm cryin' over here
>>
>>7812818
aiight fuck it im giving it a try. but how the fuck do you swish for 20 fucking minutes without just holding a gallon of saliva in your mouth
>>
File: food-nirvana.jpg (156 KB, 736x921) Image search: [Google]
food-nirvana.jpg
156 KB, 736x921
>>7816599
initial impression, not as disgusting as I thought it would be, but its gonna be tough to do this for very long.
>>
>>7816609
getting more and more gross as more saliva builds up, the second some of this hits the back of my throat i'm gonna reeeee
>>
i could see it used to maintain even temperature in your oven, but you could leave a paving stone in there. much cheaper

you're supposed to cook ON the block? i would still rather use a pan
>>
>>7816617
test complete, 3/10 experience.
>>
>>7812802
Shit is top-tier anon try it sometime
>>
>>7813651
now are we talking coke made with real sugar against the same thing or that corn syrup bullshit people actually drink
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.