[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You do know that making a bechamel sauce for mac and cheese doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Mac-Cheese.jpg (840 KB, 2816x1880) Image search: [Google]
Mac-Cheese.jpg
840 KB, 2816x1880
You do know that making a bechamel sauce for mac and cheese doesn't improve it at all over just letting the cheddar melt, right?
>>
You do know that cooking a steak in a hot skillet doesnt improve it at all over cooking it in a microwave, right?
>>
>it's just there to let the cheese melt
Well that's kind of the point. Did you think people were doing it for flavour?
>>
>>7812473
I've actually realized that. Bechamel is good in many things, but it just doesn't have that much of a bite and can gum up the works when it comes to mac n' cheese.

Maybe a light bechamel to coat, but the main flavor would be the shredded cheese.
>>
File: 1282894025418.jpg (58 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1282894025418.jpg
58 KB, 720x540
>>7812473
Not this shit again.......

/ck/, you make me tired.
>>
File: macaronis.jpg (137 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
macaronis.jpg
137 KB, 1600x1200
I think it improves it. Runny macaroni & cheese kind of sucks.
>>
>>7812473
Mac and cheese should never be as soupy as your pic.
However, a little bechamel is essential for a smooth, creamy mac and cheese.
Like this guy >>7812523 said, a light hand with the bechamel to help create a smooth sauce, but mostly cheese.

Also, you shouldn't add all the cheese to the sauce. You should add half the cheese to the sauce, then layer the other half inbetween layers of the sauced pasta. That's the trick for the most satisfying mac and cheese, you get the stringy gooey cheese factor, plus the lusciousness of the smooth creamy cheese sauce. This is one reason why mac and cheese should be baked, not done stove top.
>>
>>7812570
Why would you want stringy cheese? That just makes it hard to eat.
>>
>>7812602
No, it makes it more pleasurable and gives it more aesthetic. I want to eat something that shows the care and technique involved in making it. I don't want to eat SLOP.
>>
>>7812602
Why would you not? Good melted cheese is inherently stringy, and a good indication of its taste.
>>
File: dsc07256.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
dsc07256.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>7812615
But it is slop. This is just messy slop.
>>
File: 1456571602484.jpg (106 KB, 560x510) Image search: [Google]
1456571602484.jpg
106 KB, 560x510
>>7812602
I am speechless.
Never have I seen shit taste of such astounding calibre.
>>
>>7812630
Slop has a connotation of liquidity, like porridge. Think a farmer pouring a bucket into one side of a trough and it sliding to the other. Your picture is not slop.

>inb4 pedantry about other definitons
>>
>>7812630
No, OPs pic is messy slop. Like >>7812639 said, has the connotation of being of pourable from a bucket. Like OPs pic.
>>
>>7812639
You must really hate soup.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.