[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With midsummer coming up in sweden i'm trying my best with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: potatis.jpg (51 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
potatis.jpg
51 KB, 636x358
With midsummer coming up in sweden i'm trying my best with boiling my new potatoes (färskpotatisen), but how the fuck do you get it evenly boiled without slicing up the potatoes in smaller parts? The size is so fucking uneven.
>>
Boil 'em until the largest one is cooked.

It's pretty hard to over-boil a potato, so the smaller one's aren't going to shrivel up or anything.
>>
are you asking how to defeat the laws of physics?
>>
>>7810061
Thanks, not used to boiling potatoes, more of a pasta guy.
>>
>>7810061
This'll work.

If you're an absolute perfectionist, you can sort the potatoes into three or four size categories. Put the biggest ones in first, then periodically add in the next biggest set. But that's really not necessary.
>>
>new potatoes
>in June
Enjoy your imported Israeli potatoes, OP.
>>
>>7810057
Do swedes really measure seasons in halves? Do you have a mid-winter and a half autumn too? Can you get anymore flyover?
>>
>>7810057
First off, simmer, don't boil. Do it until you can stick a knife or fork into the largest one and it easily slides out.

Wa La!
>>
>>7810057
Just slice the big ones in two OP, what's the problem?

I usually find that potatoes do start to dissolve/break apart if you cook them for too long, although färskpotatis might be firm enough to survive it.
>>
>>7810061
See, I do the opposite because I hate overcooked potatoes. I cook until the smallest one is done, then remove it and remove the next smallest and next smallest etc until they're all done. Then reheat before serving.
But that's just me.
Tinge of the 'tism? Maybe. Maybe not. I can eat overcooked potatoes, but just prefer not to.
>>
>>7811171
>midwinter
Why the fuck do you think Christmas is celebrated when it is? Idiot.
>>
>>7811437
Back to /pol/.
>>
What else do you Swedes eat for midsummer? I've been to the Ikea midsummer feast, and I loved that shit, but I want to hear from real Swedes.
>>
>>7811795

Motherfucking färskpotatis is the n. 1 thing, if you don't have it you have officially fucked up midsummer. The second most important thing is pickled herring and all the accessories. Beyond that you got your typical Swedish holiday foods - eggs, hard bread, cheese, salmon.

And strawberries and whipped cream for dessert, of course,this is as important as the potatoes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.