[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I often hear people here talk about how difficult it is to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: sushi1.jpg (409 KB, 1500x994) Image search: [Google]
sushi1.jpg
409 KB, 1500x994
I often hear people here talk about how difficult it is to be a sushi chef, and how elegant and complicated sushi is to make. It seems like it would be the easiest food in the world to make.

So I ask you, what makes sushi more elegant and refined than something like a hot dog? Or is it just because this is a website for people who have that aspergers thing where they love japan?
>>
>>7807636
>Is it just because this is a website for people who have that aspergers thing where they love japan?
Yeah pretty much. Same thing with katanas and toyotas
>>
We don't have sushi in my country so my wife and I make it ourselves.

It turns out pretty good even though we aren't chefs of anything.

The task of making sushi is just time consuming and being able to select the right ingredients.

Then you get an OK sushi. But to really hone on the sushi skills to sell the stuff at a professional level you need to be in it for a while.

So that there is more of a trade.

Running a kitchen is what makes you a "chef".
>>
File: dsc1119.jpg (21 KB, 526x183) Image search: [Google]
dsc1119.jpg
21 KB, 526x183
I've eaten at Sukiyabashi Jiro,.
AMA.
>>
>>7807636
This thread again. Kys
>>
>>7807662
How did you get in? How much did it cost?
>>
>>7807678
Not everyone lives on the cooking subsection of a taiwanese basket weeving forum.
Go to the millionth fast food or cooking cringe thread and complain there
>>
>>7807662
so have I, with my parents. we are japanese.
I must say that ive had better sushi in hawaii.
the show is great but really it want that impress
>>
>>7807636
Op the simple answer is rice is fucking sticky and tricky. it's hard to shape it without having it stick to your hands. this is a simple skill to master but most people who attempt it is like me are like watching a one armed no legged person try to compete in a swimming competition.

That aside the real hurdle is that most people simply aren't used to sharp knives, so of course their going to see sushi as some insurmountable challenge. the knife block meme has made us incapable of cuts and finesse skill needed to make sushi. For all intents and purposes it is a difficult skill as a home chef. certainly more complicated than putting a iron on a burger or flipping some flapjacks and hash browns.

But the real issue that keeps it that way is that in order to become good at those things you have to deal with an expensive and sometimes endangered product, so if you fuck up you just wasted a ton of money.
>>
>>7807636
The only struggle for good sushi if there is one is cooking the rice and getting fresh fish and wrapping which take a little practice. Sushi in general is too damn easy the biggest meme is the US especially California hardcore gangbangers acting like sushi is gods gift to the world next to hipsters and faggots.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 2048x819) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 2048x819
>>7807711
I was taken there by a client, my business exports whiskey around the world.
It was ok but a bit of a waste as I'm not really into seafood.
The presentation of each dish was pretty though.
>>
>>7807746
Suntory Time?
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 2004x838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 2004x838
>>7807805
Heh, I've never actually managed to watch that film all the way through.
>>
>>7807636
>>7796535
Stop making the same fucking thread faggot
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (446 KB, 3000x1631) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
446 KB, 3000x1631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUmEH-EPDYg
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.