[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend of mine just gave me two habanero and ghost pepper plants.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: chilitemp.jpg (44 KB, 497x700) Image search: [Google]
chilitemp.jpg
44 KB, 497x700
Friend of mine just gave me two habanero and ghost pepper plants.
What the hell do I do when they grow some peppers?
Like, is there a way to make them edible without the pain?
>>
>>7802373

Yes. Add lime/citrus, milk/cream, or fresh fruit depending on the dish.

Probably best to whizz them into a weekly salsa for putting on shit.
>>
Make a pot of chili or something. The more diluted the capsaicin is the less spicy it will be.
>>
>>7802373
cut it open and rub it on your penis. it will make it a thick mushroom. you will am big cums.
>>
>>7802393
>>7802402
Good
I love some hot sauce myself but im not sure if I would enjoy goin beyond tabasco heat. Whats the purpose of these fuckers if you can't eat them anyway
>>
>>7802406
No no, you have to shove it up your ass
>>
>>7802373
They go well in pickling if youre into that. Pickled eggs or cucumber are great with some heat and you need a shit ton of habaneros to get any heat to transfer through the brine.
>>
>>7802373
Those peppers are hard to cook with but taste great, so i reccomend you finding a way to use them without loosing that taste

Chlies toreados are a great with the Habaneros and taste great with cochinita pibil
>>
>>7802440
well, unlike pizza, a pepper can be sliced and not eaten in one sitting. I'll bag it up if I don't want to use the whole thing. You can be a pussy and just a few slices on a sandwich.
>>
>make habanero pasta tonight with linguine and cream
>generally make the mistake of rubbing my nose after I slice the habanero, resulting in an hour of burning nose
>occasionally I'll get a really spicy habanero and despite washing my hands afterwards, I'll wake up the next morning with burning fingertips from the capsaicin soaking into my skin
>sharpen my knives tonight after dinner on my stones
>leftover capsaicin on my chefs knife soaks into my skin, now I have burning fingertips

Love the taste of habaneros though, so it's all worth it.
>>
>>7802442
fag
>>
>>7802440

>whats the purpose of these fuckers if you can't eat them anyway

Sometimes flavor and heat level coincide. Habanero is one of my favorite tasting chili peppers, but they're too spicy for me to eat as is (and I couldn't give two shits about admitting it).
>>
>>7802470
>what is a masochist
>>
>>7802373
yeah just stop being such a pussy or use smaller amounts
>>
>>7802440
>tabasco
>heat
>>
>>7802373
Ghost peppers have great flavor. Make pure pepper salsa and can it and it lasts a good 3 years.
Delightful stuff on tacos and enchiladas.

Habaneros are disgusting. Grow and sell. Do not even put it in the salsa.
>>
What pepper spray tastes the best?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.