[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently everything Americans do with parmesan (put it on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Parmigiano-Reggiano.jpg (134 KB, 1348x899) Image search: [Google]
Parmigiano-Reggiano.jpg
134 KB, 1348x899
So apparently everything Americans do with parmesan (put it on pizza, put it on meat sauce, use it in carbonara and cacio e pepe) is against Official Italian Cheese Etiquette, and most of it should actually be done with pecorino instead. So what exactly is parmesan supposed to be for, and why is it the King Of Cheeses?
>>
Who gives a fuck? just do what tastes good
>>
>>7798646
Beats me. I love the fruity aroma of real parmigiano reggiano. I grate a cup of it into my meatballs, cook them in sauce, and then grate more on top.

Holy shit it's amazing.
>>
>cheese nazi

fuck you I put whatever cheese I want on whatever I want
>>
I use aged Asiago instead.
>>
>>7798665
Some people like to know about the world beyond their doorframe.
>>
>>7798646
Italian food is very specific in terms of what goes with what. Especially when it comes to cheese (though if you look closely you'll find for every "rule" there are a few exceptions). Americans tend to approach cheese with a "more, please" attitude, and they're generally not too fussy about the provenance of the cheese. This will make the two perspectives at odds most of the time.
>>
File: 1465160163384.jpg (11 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
1465160163384.jpg
11 KB, 300x214
>>7798646
>pizza
Arugula with shaved parmesan is one of the more popular choices of toppings

>bolognese
Perfectly acceptable and even mandatory

>carbonara
Recipe calls for pecorino but nobody outside of Rome really cares

>cacio e pepe
Fair enough
>>
File: 1418118507403.jpg (89 KB, 651x720) Image search: [Google]
1418118507403.jpg
89 KB, 651x720
>>7798782
hello fellow citizen of the world
>>
>>7798646
>Americans being fat, retarded, ignorant wastes of life

What is news about this?
>>
I use pecorino for everything usually. Even bread chicken parmesan with it. Jokes on the fat fuckers who lap that shit up. Americans truly know nothing about cheese. But I'll take their monies
>>
File: 1352372591646.jpg (26 KB, 508x336) Image search: [Google]
1352372591646.jpg
26 KB, 508x336
>>7798646
there's only two cheeses that matter, white cheese and yellow cheese, and i'll do whatever want with them whenever i want

that's called freedom
>>
italians leave at home into their 40's who cares what they do
>>
>>7798782
>>7798793
>>7798851
But guys, you still haven't told me what it's SUPPOSED to be used for

>>7798841
>Arugula with shaved parmesan is one of the more popular choices of toppings

What about on top of a slice of pepperoni/salami? I was told this was particularly triggering to Italians
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.