[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are drip coffee machines really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: mrcoffee.jpg (70 KB, 1053x768) Image search: [Google]
mrcoffee.jpg
70 KB, 1053x768
Are drip coffee machines really that bad?
>>
We had one of these in our college club. I don't see why buy this shit, you literally only needs a pan and to make coffee.

>but I don't acess to a stove where I'm pretending to brew coffee

Then get good coffee at house before and/or after leaving. I only drink coffee at home because it tastes much better since I'm using high quality beans.
>>
In my experience, the quality of the coffee is going to be significantly more affected by the quality of the beans you put in. Drip machine or not.
>>
It's definitely drinkable if you can't be bothered to use something else. Just don't let it sit for too long before you drink it or it will burn into acidic piss.
>>
The filter baskets are a fucking nightmare to clean. I spent 2 hours yesterday cleaning it. White vinegar is suppose to work with removing the oils, but it wasn't helping for shit. I had to use a toothbrush to scrub the shit off.

>>7796393
Take it off the hot plate immediately when it's done. That works for me.
>>
>>7796584
I use pic and link related...

(https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001IX6FM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

...and it's easy as hell to use and clean. Much easier to clean than my french press filter. I just let the plastic dripper and used filter cool/drain in my sink after use, then pop the (cooled) filter in the food recycling and give the filter a rinse. Every few days I'll add the pot and filter to the regular washing up process.

One of the best investments my kitchen has seen in a long time.
>>
I buy those one cup drip coffee packs for work. much better than instant but still not as good as cafetiere. no way I am either making coffee at home and bringing it to work or wasting time with a cafetiere there. best option.
>>
File: goodfellas-joe-pesci1-300x223.jpg (21 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
goodfellas-joe-pesci1-300x223.jpg
21 KB, 300x223
Drink it everyday. Have a gold basket that you just rinse out.

Great coffee that's quick to make.
>>
>>7796630
>I just let the plastic dripper and used filter cool/drain in my sink after use, then pop the (cooled) filter in the food recycling and give the filter a rinse. Every few days I'll add the pot and filter to the regular washing up process.
I made a right mess of that sentence.

What I mean is I put the used filter and grounds in the recycling and rinse the plastic dripper (not the filter), and put the dripper in with the washing up.

PS. Don't put coffee grounds down your sink, it'll clog the pipes.
>>
The best and only way to make your coffee.
>>
>>7796656
Oh! Guy gets shot in the foot, he tells him to go fuck himself
>>
>>7797053
>small pan on a giant burner
my jimmies
>>
>>7797105
seriously what the fuck
>>
could someone advise me a bit on what kind of coffee brewing I should go for?

right now I'm using basic coffee pads and I'm kinda tired of them, so I'll be getting a nice grinder next week

I love me some espresso every now and then, but really I prefer having a "longer" coffe

should I get an espresso machine and just do long shots? or should I get a french press? or even drip? I don't drink all that much at home, mostly in the weekends, but I've read that the french press keeps a lot of cholesterol; is that something to actually worry about?
>>
>>7797053
>autism roasting
>>
File: mrbrown.jpg (143 KB, 658x629) Image search: [Google]
mrbrown.jpg
143 KB, 658x629
I prefer canned coffees!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqmBzqwcshM
>>
>>7795773
Yes, because most coffee makers don't get into the ideal 195F-205F degree range to get a good extraction. The ones that do are in the $100 range. But honestly, if you're using one of these your coffee is probably preground and tastes like dirt, so you might actually be better off not extracting it properly. But family gatherings and offices don't care about "proper coffee" they just need some black caffeinated liquid and something to gather around so these machines serve them well.
>>
>>7795834
A pan and what? A PAN AND WHAT?!
>>
I use a cheap drip machine but I grind my own beans, so the coffee is good. Good enough.
>>
>>7797133
They must like using pot holders to grab the fucking handle
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.