[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Whole Foods vegan cookies actually vegan? The package I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 506x900
Are Whole Foods vegan cookies actually vegan? The package I have says sugar and flour in the ingredients
>>
kek who cars they're cookies they're never gonna be healthy
>>
They're actually Polish Sausages but vegans will believe anything you tell them.
>>
>>7795626
>all vegans are vegan for health
listen i 'car' because i do it for ethical reasons
im aware that I probably have practices that are just as harmful to animals as eating a big mac
for my reasons though i won't eat meat or animal products

I don't go around telling others not to (not that I see that as a bad thing)

So I wanna know if the sugar and flour in whole foods bakery cookies are actually vegan
>>
>>7795647
>i car
oh you sure got me. that typo of mine makes everything i say irrelevant
>>
>vegan
bagen
>>
call whole foods and ask
>>
>>7795649
Yeah, bringing up that typo was absolutely the crux of her argument.
>>
>>7795647
>i do it for ethical reasons

As a fruitarian, a person who eats only fruits, nuts or seeds, we look down on you vegans. You're killing plants. We don't kill anything. The plants are still alive and not butchered for you to eat. You're no better than a carnist. I hope you choke on the sugar and flour.
>>
>>7795649
It makes you sound pretty stupid but so did the rest of your post.
>>
>>7795689
>kek who cars they're cookies they're never gonna be healthy
what was stupid about that?
>>
>>7795623
kek.

>"vegan" sugar

lol no. sugar is inherently not vegan. sugar is bad for you.
>>
>>7795623
yea sure, what ever makes you happy
>>
Depends on the type of sugar they use.

From HuffPo:

"While bone char is used to bleach and filter cane sugar, not all cane sugar is refined with bone char. Some companies rely on alternatives like granular carbon, which does not contain animal products, during the filtering process."

So it's questionable unless you know the source of sugar.
>>
>>7795707
>sugar is inherently not vegan
It's the opposite actually. The only reason it's not vegan a lot of the time is because they filter it through bone char.
If it is organic sugar than it's absolutely vegan I think.
But even if it's not organic it might still be vegan.
The FDA doesn't require companies to tell if it's filtered on the package or not
You really ought to call the company OP
>>
Knowin Whole Foods, if it's labeled vegan than it is probably vegan.
However, what is the label?
Is it just one of those little yellow stickers put on the box by some employee? If that's the case than don't trust it, because I've seen that sticker on a product that contained eggs or butter.

But if the product label itself says vegan than the chances are good that it is vegan.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.