[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are wraps the most underrated food delivery system? You go on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Are wraps the most underrated food delivery system? You go on and on about sandwiches, 'za, tacos and whatnot. All the while we have the mighty wrap, unassuming and unnoticed.
>>
Why do people think just because people don't like something that it's automatically underrated rather than just shit
>>
>>7795430
Because wraps aren't shit.
>>
I honestly love wraps.

I think people are under the assumption that wraps are always some kind of healthy option (which they aren't, even if the filling is somewhat healthy), but you and put practically anything in a wrap and gobble it down without making a mess.

I used to work at a brew pub type place and have put almost every item on the menu into a wrap at some point, and made myself every possible type of wrap (yes, I even once made a deep fried, buffalo meatloaf Caesar wrap).
>>
>>7795428
Wraps are just sandwiches in taco/burrito form.
>>
>>7795428
Flour tortillas a shit.
>>
>>7795455

>taco/burrito form

They're sandwiches in burrito form; "wrap" isn't just in the name, it is the name. You can also put much more versatile stuff in a wrap than you can in a sandwich (like salad and beans) because it's all held together.
>>
i fuckin love wraps

i get big tortillas (wheat and/or flour), lettuce, tomato, dressing (usually hot sauce) and some kind of protein at the 99c store; under $10 for like a week of delicious wraps
>>
>order a caesar wrap from chick fil a
>get a huge packet of caesar dressing
>tfw you skimp on the dressing until the last bite when you pour the entire remaining packet into the little bread bowl you made
>>
>>7795428
I agree and was thinking this the other day.

Wraps are probably the best relaxed food (if you know what I mean)
>>
>>7795448
I think the only real issue with wraps is that liquid will run out of them onto your hands, whereas a sandwich or something would probably just soak it up.
You think it wouldn't really matter that much, but I refuse to eat wraps that I don't make myself just because I'm autistic for that sort of thing.
>>
>>7796246
This is somewhat true. it's most a matter of experience wrapping and filling them. If that is happening it's because you filled them too much so you couldn't wrap them tight enough.

>>7796203
I used to eat like that except it was sandwich meats or chicken breast (I would butterfly a whole breast and just stick it in there). Wraps are a godly food delivery system.

By far my favorite is chicken Caesar wrap. It's super easy, good for you, and delicious as fuck.
>>
>>7795428
I've been saying this for a while. I never make sandwiches anymore, wraps are so much more convenient. 15 Seconds in my George Foreman grill and they're ready to roll.

I never make rice any more either. If I make a curry or chili, I just make it extra thick and put it in wraps. I've got surplus eggs in my fridge nowadays because where I used to make cheese and onion omelettes, I just make wraps.

Favourite fillings?

Onion and mushroom fried in garlic and rosemary, wrapped with cheese and hot sauce.
Thai red chicken curry.
Breaded chicken burgers (grilled and sliced into strips), sliced bell pepper and spinach with mayo and English mustard.
>>
>>7796771

I'm considering making a cheeseburger wrap with lettuce, onion, bbq sauce and mayo
>>
>>7796936
I made something similar a few days ago. Fried up a couple of beefburgers, cut them into strips and had them with fried onion, cheese and chili sauce. It was delicious but kind of greasy by the third one.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.