[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that June 18th is international Sushi day. Everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1278822732103.jpg (136 KB, 500x791) Image search: [Google]
1278822732103.jpg
136 KB, 500x791
Reminder that June 18th is international Sushi day.

Everyone make sure you eat some Sushi to celebrate
>>
File: CiMlhlMXEAAyOQd.jpg (57 KB, 600x509) Image search: [Google]
CiMlhlMXEAAyOQd.jpg
57 KB, 600x509
>>7790561
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScbEfO2FAOM
>>
>>7790561
autism.jpg
>>
>>7790561
>the chef typically never touches money

I'm glad someone understands...
>>
>>7790561
no, I wont.
>>
>>7790561
>not making some sushi to celebrate
Anon, please.
>>
>Don't dip the absorbent rice into the soy sauce, flip it over so the fish falls off!

Fuck you.
>>
>>7790674
any fish over any rice is not sushi

a proper sushi is a work of fucking art
>>
june 18th is my birthday

what's your favorite sushi, /ck/? i've never had it before but i'm willing to try.
>>
>>7790692
the jackass roll from tex wasabi.
>>
>>7790679

>>absorbent rice
That's the point. If you dip the rice in then it soaks up too much of the sauce.

>>falls off
How could the fish fall off? You're holding it.
>>
I never tried eel roll, but I hear it's really fucking good
>>
>>7790584
>it's autism to do something a specific way
if I want to put ketchup on steak, or should I say steak on my ketchup, nobody should judge me
or double dip my chips if I'm not sick
or only eat one kind of snack in mixed snack bags
>>
>>7790633
Such is life
>>
>>7790584
You must be non-asian because asian people call it tradition.

Every action has a reason, just like calligraphy.
>>
>>7790694
thanks anon, that sounds pretty good.
>>
File: KQXgw1N.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
KQXgw1N.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>7790561

>use the blunt end of your chopsticks to take food

that's fucking retarded.

>no dunking sushi in soy sauce

fuck off

>don't dump wasabi into soysauce and mix

I was specifically instructed to do this at the last sushi joint I went to

fucking stupid niggershit infographics are so stupid in makes me want to shit and punch a wall motherfucking art graduates kill yourselves
>>
>>7791821
So you'd rather someone use the ends they were eating with touching your food? It's just common sense.
>>
>>7790685
so you're implying you're incompetent? sushi rice is honestly not that hard to make at all, you follow a simple process and recipe and it usually always works out well. it's just a matter of cooking the rice and adding a mix of things to it. the hardest part is getting good quality flash frozen fish which you can thaw properly and serve raw, and if you're making rolls, rolling is also difficult.
>>
>>7791855

if you're not a fucking piece of shit ham-handed retard you would have the dexterity to select a piece of food with out bumping into everything around you. Why would you flip your chop sticks around and get rice and fish all over your fucking hands and then, use the part of the tool that is even more cumbersome than the correct way to hold it. fuck you.
>>
>>7791872
I agree with you. Making sushi is pretty easy. The hardest part is making the rice, and that should only take a few tries to perfect. As long as your knife is sharp, cutting and placing the meat should be no problem. I don't know how these weebs have convinced themselves that it takes more skill than preparing something that actually requires you to work with meat.
>>
>>7791949
work with heat*
>>
>>7791903
What are you talking about? This is about grabbing sushi from a plate that other people will be also eating from. Your disgusting saliva-covered chopstick will probably touch a piece someone else is going to eat if you use the business end. It's the same principle as double-dipping. It's also easy to use the back ends of chopsticks while holding them from the middle rather than the end that's in your mouth, not whatever rice apocalypse you seem to think it'll be.
>>
>>7791952
I'm not him, but I am definitely coordinated enough to grab a piece of sushi without touching any others. Even if I did, it's really not a big deal at all, and not worth the effort to flip the sticks. Is double dipping really so scary to you?
>>
man why can't we just enjoy good food
>>
File: 1448958163095.jpg (50 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1448958163095.jpg
50 KB, 540x540
>>7791957

he sounds like one of those germophobes with no dexterity who makes a thread every other day on /ck/ asking if 4 hour old pasta salad is going to kill him, I also appears he has Parkinsons and drools a lot, because he can't hold two twigs together without bumping his spitsticks into other people's food, his friends, and his family members which try really really hard not to remind him how much of a burden he is to other people.

here, let's flip this fucking fork around and pick out morsels of food with the handle because it's customary in western culture, says this mongoloid infographic a 35 year old struggling artist farted out from his pirated copy of Illustrator.
>>
>>7791952
>>7791957
a normal person doesnt put their chopsticks in their mouth or suck on them anyway
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.