[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some peculiarities in your food preferences/eating habits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 32515.jpg (42 KB, 1074x483) Image search: [Google]
32515.jpg
42 KB, 1074x483
What are some peculiarities in your food preferences/eating habits?

I personally don't like it when eggs have a dark, orange yolk.
Maybe its just me, but it seems to have a much stronger taste
>>
File: Untitled-1 copy.png (592 KB, 567x648) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 copy.png
592 KB, 567x648
I've only ever had the kind in the middle.

Can someone describe the darker yolks flavor and texture?
>>
>not so subtle bait
>>
>>7788414
Not OP
It's thicker and more... Eggy tasting if that makes sense.

You'll find the darker, orangey yolks with farm fresh farm fresh or free range chickens and other fowl.
>>
The darker yolks really are stronger-tasting. I prefer them. What I don't care for is the taste of grass-fed beef compared to grain-fed.
>>
When i eat cereal, immediately after pouring in the milk I will push every piece under so that they all soften at an equal rate.
>>
>>7790357
same
>>
>>7788387
i tried dark yolk eggs recently.
i dont think i could eat a different kind of egg now, they tasted so fucking good and the ammount of yolk, goddamn.
how can light yolk even compete??
>>
>>7788525
>You'll find the darker, orangey yolks with farm fresh farm fresh or free range chickens and other fowl.

top kek. Yolk color can be completely controlled through the chicken's diet. Add sources of beta carotene and you'll get darker yolks. Feed additive producers even produce color fans which you can use to pick the color of yolk you want to have.
>>
>>7790456
Of course, but without extracts a darker color usually happens with high quality eggs just because the chickens get good food that includes grass and weeds.
I never seen products with a mentioned yolk color on the package so I don't think people care.
>>
>>7790357
I try to keep as much as I can above the milk because I like it crunchy
I know theres people that will add a bit of milk to a dry bowl of cereal every bite they take but cmon thats just fucking stupid
>>
I've had egg yolks (from the same group of hens that free range my back pasture) that range from very pale yellow to very orange. It's not an indicator of quality, it's an indicator of breed, diet, and happenstance.
I will say, my preference for baking are the pale yolked eggs, because I don't necessarily want a deep yellow color for my baked goods, and for making fried or poached eggs, I always like the very deep yellow/orange yolks. For scrambled eggs or quiches, I prefer a middle of the road golden yellow yolk. But, you get what you get. If you're buying free range eggs or eggs from cage free hens fed a rich diet, you're more likely to get darker colored yolks, though. Battery farmed eggs are in general very pale yolked, because of both their simple diet and the breed of chicken used.
>>
>>7790342

>The darker yolks really are stronger-tasting

No, they really are not. Freshness does matter but mainly for the thinning of the yolks and whites that happens when the eggs get older.
>>
Darker yolks have a higher concentration of vitamin d.

That's why store bought eggs from caged chickens have a piss yellow yolk and chickens from somebody's back yard have a more orange yolk. Diet and environment makes the difference.
>>
>>7790473
>I never seen products with a mentioned yolk color on the package so I don't think people care.
That's because the egg producers cater the egg color to whatever the population they're selling to expects egg yolks to look like. It doesn't really affect the taste.
>>
>>7790456
Because most farmed eggs are from chicken that only obtain the bare necessities as far as diet goes

You get that same flavor back from what you put in them
>>
>>7788387
I don't like to eat them either but it's because I always thought that meant they were going rotten
>>
>>7790357
I thought everyone did this?
>>
>>7790357
>>7792885
No, because it's stupid. If it all softened at an equal rate, your last spoonfuls would be soggy. You need to eat the cereal under the milk first, and only start to submerge the floating parts under when you're partway through. That way you get optimal texture for the entire meal.
>>
>>7791555
If they were going rotten, you'd smell the gas when you opened them. That gas is also the reason rotten eggs float while still in the shell.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.