[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meatballs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12
File: baked-italian-meatballs-tsri.jpg (162 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
baked-italian-meatballs-tsri.jpg
162 KB, 1240x775
Share your favorite meatball recipes.

The last one I tried was this >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33tOwPFPm6E< and it was pretty good, the meatballs were just a bit dry.

I'm looking for the perfect, juicy meatball recipe that I can add to my marinara sauce and eat with pasta.
>>
So post the recipe fgt
>>
>>7785872
The main secret to juicy, tender meatballs is this: The right mix of meats. 1/3 beef, 1/3 veal, 1/3 pork. The beef gives them the mighty flavor, the veal gives the perfect texture, and the pork provides the fat that they need. If you can't stand the idea of using veal (boofuckinghoo), use ground chicken thigh meat instead.
Also, soak your breadcrumbs in milk before adding them to the mix, or they'll just suck up your juices instead. Soak, and then add the breadcrumb-milk mixture to the meatball mix.
Also, eggs. Add one extra large egg per pound of meat, or 2 medium eggs. I usually make my meatballs in bulk, so I can freeze some for later, so I use a pound of each meat totaling 3 pounds, so I round up to 4 large eggs.
As far as seasonings go, you can use pretty much whatever you like, but classic seasonings are sage, parsley, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Sometimes I add smoked paprika to them. Sometimes I also add finely grated parmesan or pecorino romano for extra flavor. It's up to you.
>>
>>7785872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVsb7Gii8D4

nuff said
>>
Why is ground beef so fucking expensive still? $3 /lb for the crap stuff.
>>
>>7786589

Why do you think that's expensive?
>>
>>7786159
>milk and not buttermilk
>>
>>7786393
I used to watch this guy's vids but he never improved the lighting or got a better camera and was always making mouth breath noises. Good recipes tho.
>>
>>7786752
I know what you mean, but that stuff's not really essential to how well you can cook food . He provides approximate times and exact food weight amounts, which are important. He's even got a couple great cookbooks out now that expound upon what he teaches in the videos
>>
>>7786159
>no basil

>breadcrumbs
>ever

>Sometimes I also add finely grated parmesan or pecorino romano for extra flavor
>Sometimes

fucking dropped
>>
>>7787217
I don't see you offering any tips or recipes, faglord. GTFO. Go back to shitposting about chicago pizza, dumbass.
>>
>>7787217

>cooking basil
>>
File: 1465641086738.jpg (256 KB, 792x535) Image search: [Google]
1465641086738.jpg
256 KB, 792x535
Scandinavian > Italian
>>
my major discovery is that ground turkey is better than veal for meatballs.

i use 1 egg pr lb, a handful of breadcrumbs, herbs, dried onion and salt and pepper.

fry them in the good olive oil, bake for 10-15 nd put them in the sauce for at least 45
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7786159
Tender/mushy.

Veal gives them a terrible texture I find, but prefer a firmer meatball. Keep it simple, 80/20 ground beef, salt pepper garlic oregeno and a little Italian cheese (dealers choice). Some of my relatives like to dash a little seasoned breadcrumbs in, but I omit that.

I brown the balls in a pan, then put them in the sauce to cook through. Never had anyone not live them. Simple is best.
>>
>>7787788
>Simple is best.

Simple is DRY

FTFY.
>>
File: 1264391007432.jpg (42 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
1264391007432.jpg
42 KB, 800x529
>>7787464
>>7787788
All these veal haters
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 848x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 848x595
>>7787834
Maybe you missed the part where I said cook them in the sauce. Good luck in 8th grade next year!
>>
>>7785872

i'd eat that entire plate
>>
>>7787839
Veal is ok I just don't like it in meatballs
>>
>>7787848
And YOU missed something along the way that would teach you that not everyone wants their meatballs IN the sauce, faglord. You need to learn to cook them WELL on their own, you're depending on the sauce to keep them moist. Your meatballs would be as dry as your mom's vagina if you didn't cook them in the sauce. LRN2COOK, sperggie.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x150
>>7787874
Wow what a fucking Autist you are. OP asked for ways to MAKE MEATBALLS. That is one of them. You're the one spazzing out and projecting your ass burgers on others lmao. You literally displayed classic signs of autism in your post.

I bet if your mom doesn't cut your hotdogs or fish sticks up at exact measurements you throw your TV tray and shit your diaper.

Fuck off, you walking tumor.
>>
File: 1269954030730.jpg (74 KB, 997x700) Image search: [Google]
1269954030730.jpg
74 KB, 997x700
>>7787921
LOL
You got so mad, you fucking had a keyboard seizure, went full retard the fuck out, just because I pointed out how fucked your meatballs would be if you didn't have to cook them in your sauce. That is FUCKING HILARIOUS.
Also, I don't think you know what autism means. Enjoy your shitty meatballs, sperglord
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 500x838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 500x838
>>7787938
Lol no you don't know what autism means. Like many other btards you use it as a blanket insult, while displaying actual symptoms!

Seriously though your reading comprehension, opinion, and delivery are all shit. You really should go see what part of the spectrum you're on. There are services that can help you.

If even be a big brother to you and throw your mom some of my meatballs while you slap your chest and watch frozen in the next room. We all want you to be the best drooling idiot you can be buddy!
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 324x182) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 324x182
>>7787938
>>
File: 1270477718442.jpg (9 KB, 205x251) Image search: [Google]
1270477718442.jpg
9 KB, 205x251
>>7787955
Where the fuck did I ever use the word "autism", beside to point out you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
Your overwhelming need to overcompensate for your failures as a cook has taken a seriously mental turn, dude. You need to chill the fuck out. You're probably a girl. Only girls get that riled up about someone criticizing their shitty recipes. But, please, keep being shit-flinging mad, this is entertaining.
>>
File: image.gif (1018 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1018 KB, 300x167
>>7787974
You have contributed nothing and all my points remain, including the gap in intelligence between us. I can seriously help you but you really gotta wear a hockey helmet in public, and start potty training immediately.

If you could learn how to read, and stop being a burden to everyone who knows you, you might just be able to get a part time job at circle k, and gain even a little purpose in life.

That's all we want little guy, is for you to be as normal as YOU can be. Now let's get you out of that diaper. You smell horrible (as usual)
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
>>7788000
Checked

Dubdubtrip
>>
>>7788000
>you have contributed nothing

Except the most descriptive and informational post in the entire thread, you fucking idiot.

Again, please, keep posting, you're only embarrassing yourself and making us laugh (at you, not with you).
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.