[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you eat with French onion soup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: fos.jpg (57 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
fos.jpg
57 KB, 720x405
I'm making some for dinner but I need to make it heartier/more filling. I was thinking of adding beef to the soup but I'm not sure how. What kind of proteins would you serve with the soup and how would you prepare them?
>>
>how to ruin french onion soup

If you need to eat meat then make something on the side. Maybe a salad, a baguette, some pate, and a cheese.
>>
>>7783566
That 'go 'za looks delish
>>
>>7783571
I'd so something like that if I was having, like, a party or something but I'm trying to feed three carnivorous boys with gigantic appetites.
>>
>>7783566
french onion soup is like the heartiest and most filling soup i could think of
theyll die if you add anything else
>>
>>7783566
Don't muck it up. The simplicity is part of what is so wonderful about it.

It's a common appetizer menu item at steakhouses. Just have a basic main entree after your starter. I'd suggest a steak and baked potato, or something "french" along the wine theme, some baked chicken or something with cous cous. Or a big salad if you want to keep it light and refreshing (ie cold), maybe some sliced poached herb stuffed chicken, cold fruit salad.
>>
File: 1466027758569.png (295 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1466027758569.png
295 KB, 500x492
>>7784502
>>
>>7783566

>protein
>soup is covered in cheese
>>
French onion soup has no meat. Or even beef stock.
Its rich as fuck.
If you think it needs something you are making it wrong.
>>
Just serve it with vegetables and dip french onion soup is practically a main course
>>
>>7786186
>Or even beef stock.

What? Why would you make French onion soup without beef stock?
>>
>>7783566
Dont make the soup then... Americans and food is a joke. Make hamburgers if you want something filling. Not to say that the soup is not filling probably one of the heaviest soups
>>
>>7783566
I love french onion soup but I hate onions so instead I add beef chunks, mushrooms and carrots. It's truly delicious.
>>
File: fbguot.jpg (30 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
fbguot.jpg
30 KB, 512x384
>>7786809
>>
>>7783579
Then make beef stew
>>
>>7786809
That's just beef soup then
>>
>>7787460
wow you sure know how to spot jokes
>>
dude thats not soup i just got back from detroit and we call that 'za over here
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.