[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heinz tomato beans with...?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
So... what people are eating canned beans in tomato with? Googled a bit and found out it tastes good with eggs and avocados? What else?
>>
sausage my man
>>
>>7782939
Toast is nice
>>
File: toloza.jpg (13 KB, 409x271) Image search: [Google]
toloza.jpg
13 KB, 409x271
>>7782978
Says you.
>>
File: wiener_wuerstchen_big_3842.jpg (73 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
wiener_wuerstchen_big_3842.jpg
73 KB, 610x610
Wiener Würstchen. Not sure if you get them outside of Germany. Btw. I just ate it.
>>
>>7782939
Fried eggs and toast
>>
File: 1335041749193.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1335041749193.gif
828 KB, 200x189
>Scrambled eggs
>Salt & Pepper
>Tabasco on top
>Bacon
>Sausages/Meatballs
>Roasted tomatoes

>Those beans on top of a toast with butter + cheese
>>
I thought I didn't like canned beans until the I tried the turquoise kind
>>
File: Cactus_logo_on_a_jar_of_beans.jpg (674 KB, 1407x1847) Image search: [Google]
Cactus_logo_on_a_jar_of_beans.jpg
674 KB, 1407x1847
>>
File: 4997.jpg (72 KB, 774x516) Image search: [Google]
4997.jpg
72 KB, 774x516
>>
So you can 'bake' beans? How long does that take? Say you soaked it overnight, it would take 20-60 minutes to boil them. What about roasting?
>>
>>7784193

The way I do it as as follows:
-soak beans overnight
-cook until tender (time depends on type of bean)
-drain, mix the beans with the other ingredients (onions, pre-cooked bacon, herbs, seasonings) and bake. I normally do 90 min at about 325. This is a Southern US style with a thick and sticky texture.
>>
Jacket potato, cheese
>>
Does anyone know an easy way to cook dried black beans that tastes half-decent?
>>
>>7784248

Sure.
Soak 'em overnight in cold water.
Drain, discard the soak water.
Put in a pot with a smoked ham hock, ham bone, or other cured pork product. Add stock to cover. Simmer until tender.
>>
>>7784270
Should you soak beans in the fridge, or can you just leave them out on the counter?
>>
>>7784278

I have always left them out on the counter and never had a problem, though I have seen some cookbooks suggest the fridge.

BTW that recipe works for any kind of bean. black, kidney, red, butter, black-eyed-pea, pinto....
>>
>>7784270
I would also add onion, garlic, cumin, chipotle, and lime juice.
>>
>>7784278
leave it out on the counter. also, if you add a pinch of baking soda you wont fart
>>
>>7782989
Oh just kill yourself.
>>
Hey /ck/, my friend who's me hasn't ever had beans that weren't Bush's Baked Beans.

How are they different from British beans?
>>
>>7784585
>if you add a pinch of baking soda you wont fart

where's the fun in that?
>>
>>7782939
britbong breakfast
>>
>>7784602
I'm a Brit and I was going to ask a similar question.

I see OP's beans marked as 'British style' . .. I've been to America before and their baked beans are nothing like ours . . .. so does anybody know how 'British style' Heinz compares to what we have in Britain?
>>
>7782939
>chop some onions and salami
>put in frypan and start cooking
>when onion soft, add ol' heinz beanz
>keep in pan until heated all the way
>eat that shit with some cheese on top

Cheap and delicious. You wont regret it.
>>
>>7782939
Marmite and/or brown sauce on toast.
>>
with basmati rice, mixed veg and sausage is how I have em for supper
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.