[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll bet yall bois don't even fuck with custard apples
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Sugar_apple_with_cross_section.jpg (550 KB, 1890x1055) Image search: [Google]
Sugar_apple_with_cross_section.jpg
550 KB, 1890x1055
I'll bet yall bois don't even fuck with custard apples

>The flesh is fragrant and sweet, creamy white to light yellow, and resembles and tastes like custard. It is found adhering to 13-to-16-millimetre-long (0.51 to 0.63 in) seeds to form individual segments arranged in a single layer around the conical core. It is soft, slightly grainy, and slippery. The hard, shiny seeds may number 20–40 or more per fruit, and have a brown to black coat, although varieties exist that are almost seedless.
>>
>>7779011
the taiwanese pineapple is a bit better imo, and larger, fleshier fruit. has a good bite to it. tastes like a mix of berries, and extremely sweet, like really sweet tea. much fucking rather have this than candy.
>>
File: R6uqKJr.jpg (31 KB, 468x453) Image search: [Google]
R6uqKJr.jpg
31 KB, 468x453
>>7779011
>although varieties exist that are almost seedless.

WHAT
>>
Only time I had one was in Cambodia and it was delicious. I have a really good grocery store with a huge produce section that caters to a handful of different cultures and has a wide variety of what would be considered exotic in a Whole Foods, but have never seen custard apples.
>>
>>7779011
These suck. I don't hate them, but they're easily the worst fruit IMO
>>
>>7779011
they are like $7.99 a lb here. fuck that
>>
>>7780837
u a broke boi, need to get yo guap up
>>
>>7779011
its spiralie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahXIMUkSXX0
>>
>>7779011
The flesh looks a bit like cheese
>>
>>7779011
for retards who dont know this is one of the many varities of ronillia fruit.
>>
>>7781416
rollinia*
>>
I love passionfruit, but the only places that sells it in Seattle is Uwajimaya and they sell it for 6 dollars each last time I checked.
>>
>>7781416

Actually rollinia are a specific species belonging to the Annonaceae family, more commonly known as the custard-apple family, retard.
>>
>>7781435

>tfw from hawaii where the backyard (and surrounding property) was full of lilikoi, guava, papaya, banana, avocado, lychee, coconut, and even starfruit
>>
>>7781446
Pls invite me over for dinner
>>
>>7779011

I had one of those in jinghong, really close to puer, where they make tea. Fuckin' tasty.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.