[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can I just leave a Charcuterie board out for like 5 hours at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Charcuterie-and-Cheese-Board.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
Charcuterie-and-Cheese-Board.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
can I just leave a Charcuterie board out for like 5 hours at a party? will the cheese or meat go bad sitting at room temperature for that long?
>>
Yes and yes
>>
>>7775271
ty
>>
help
>>
Depends on ambient temperature. The rule of thumb I use is that if the cheese starts to sweat, don't leave it out much longer.

I've never left it for a full 5 hours, though. 3 at most. If it lasts that long, nobody wants it anyway.
>>
My rule of thumb is based on how it's stored. If a food is stored in the refrigerator I try to keep it to about 2 hours (put it out in to phases if needed.) If it's dry storage or "refrigerate after opening" I'll generally leave it out the whole time.
>>
charcuterie takes days to go bad once sliced
refrigeration only lengthens its life
>>
>>7775268
The meat will start to dry and the cheese will start to sweat and then dry, but no, they will not go ''bad''. And they will change due to exposure to the air, not temperature.

In fact it's common to store cheese and cured ham at room temperature because it's the best temperature for flavour.
>>
The legal limit for restaurants is 2-4 hours in most of the world. So 5 should be fine if everything is fresh and has been cooled correctly
>>
Why are Americans so paranoid about muh microbes? As if cured meat will start rotting in 5 hours, lol! All that will happen to it is it will go a little bit dry
>>
>>7776342

as much as I loath filthy yuropoors, this is totally correct.

you're not gonna die from something that sits out for a few hours you stupid children.
>>
mfw people worried about getting sick from food, stop being a pussy and strengthen your immune systems
>>
>>7775268
After four hours cooked meat is a danger but charcuterie and cheese has a little longer life, on account of them being fermented. Though it probably wont taste any good the day after.
>>
My problem is that I don't trust everybody who eats from the charcuterie board. When they come by, I stop eating from it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.