[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some slow-cooker recipes that involve little to no action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
What are some slow-cooker recipes that involve little to no action after their initial placement in the crock pot?

My fiance comes over once a week to watch the dog while I work and go to class, and I like to have something made for him so he doesn't have to make sandwiches or order out.

I've made pulled pork sandwiches and I'm going to be trying buffalo chicken sandwiches this week, but after that, I'm at a loss. Seems most crock pot recipes either involve extra steps after the ingredients are put in the pot (he doesn't trust himself to do anything more than shred meat), soups (not really a good summer meal), or are more rehashes of "shredded meat with sauce on bread".
>>
try a pot roast
>>
You guys are gonna get married and you don't live together?
>>
>>7774399
pot roast is great

I also use my slow cooker to make stock. Throw veggies spices and bones in a pot, leave it for six hours or whatever
>>
>>7774399
>>7774406
can do pot roast.

is there anything in particular you use the stock for, or is it just to have on hand for other recipes?
>>
>>7774416
any kind of soup to be honest

i like beans and lentils
>>
>>7774416
use the stock to make a nice gravy. but, thats gonna require more work. you can do that when you have more time like on a weekend or something. gravy is hella easy to make too
>>
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what are some good crock pot/slow cooker models out there? they all seem to be under $200, that would be about my max price.
>>
also, meatballs
>>
>>7774432
hell yeah, meatballs!

>>7774431
I use pic related--my mom bought it for me at target for about $40. it's pretty good--seems to cook things a little more quickly than I was used to with my parents' slow cooker, but there are no hot spots and I've encountered no issues. it's not too big, but I'm only regularly feeding one or two people when I cook with it. I've also made pulled pork for parties and things.

I used to have a really, really shitty one when I was in a dorm. it probably cost about $20 and it had a hot spot, so I couldn't actually leave it alone all day. if I wanted to make something in it, I had to rotate it every thirty minutes. bullshit. but I don't think you need to spend over $100.
>>
>>7774402
no joke living together has ruined every relationship I've tried it in
>>
>>7774463
Why would getting married change that then?
>>
mac and cheese
>>
>>7774432
Please, for the love of God, don't do meatballs in a crock pot. It'll ruin both your sauce and your meatballs at the same time.
>>
>>7774494
just dont cook them in a sauce then
>>
>>7774463
Common denominator is you. You're probably hard to live with
>>
>>7774509
I can live with guys just fine
>>
>>7774511
That's not exactly the same, is it? I'm already seeing problems here
>>
>>7774501
What would you cook them in?
>>
>>7774483
that person isn't OP
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.