[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corn hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: corn.jpg (15 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
corn.jpg
15 KB, 276x183
What is the worst vegetable and why is it corn?
>taste bland as shit
>Loud as fuck to eat
>tedious, have to rotate the cob and move your mouth left and right like a fucking typewriter
>gets stuck in your teeth
>covered in stringy fibers
>>
You can cut the kernels off of the cob if it really bothers you that much, you enormous baby.
A child knows that much.
>>
>>7772522
Go back to /b/ please.
>>
>>7772522
>taste bland as shit

Ah but we've found the problem. You seem to be an American. Do not be mistaken. American "vegetables" have no flavor. They are engineered to have no flavor, or rather I should say they are engineered to have everything EXCEPT for flavor.

The point is corn is a fantastic vegetable. You've just never eaten any.
>>
>>7772532
Or you can slide your fork where the kearnals start and slide it down, they pop right out
>>
Once I ate nothing but corn and blue Mountain Dew Gamer Fuel for a day and shit out pure blue corn
We can't properly digest corn so why do we eat it?
>>
>>7772565
Please tell us about your non-american corn.

he's just not eating the right type of corn if he thinks it has no flavor.
>>
>>7772576
we can properly digest it if you chew it enough. we can't digest the outside part of the kernel, we can digest the inside, sweet and yellow part.
>>
>>7772565
Corn is amazing, Americans also boil the fuck out of vegetables.
>>
>>7772522
>a five year olds first 4chan

and you wasted dubs too
>>
>>7772565
>they are purposefully engineered to have no flavor!

God I'm not a fan of GMOs but I hate when retards begin to spew shit like this
>>
A couple days ago I grilled some corn over charcoal with a bit of mesquite wood chips soaked in water. When it was finished and had a nice char, I put it right into a pan with some butter, lime juice, cayenne powder, salt, black pepper, and cilantro.

So good.
>>
>>7772608
Well to be honest it's sort of true. Someone in my household heated up some corn and broke off a piece for me today, and it was really way too sweet, with little flavor besides that. I've had good corn before, but it seems that the majority that I find in the US is just too sweet and flavorless.

Perhaps a better statement would be:
>They are purposefully bred to be very sweet
>>
My family devours fresh corn. My wife picked up a shit load of it from the farmer's market last week and her son challenged me on who can eat the most. I toasted his ass lol but it was close.
>>
>>7772522
But corn is a grain
>>
>>7772631
Hell, corn means grain.
The plant is named maize.
>>
>>7772608
He is not exactly mistaken. When breeding fruit or vegatables shelf life, disease resistance, yield, uniform size and color are all put in front of flavor.

For evidence of this, look at the most popular apples red delicious. Only recently has honeycrisp, royal gala, become widely available in the US. Notice that no major supermarket sells russetted apples this is only because the american consumer buys fruit based on size and look. Educating people on how to buy fruit is too expensive so we get the same crappy varieties.

For an even more extreme example look to the banana variety cavendish.
>>
>>7773102
>he thinks red delicious apples aren't literally the best apples in the universe
You clearly have never had one, nor have you seen the fair shores of Freedom(tm) here in MURRICA

Why do Europeans hate us? They hate us for our freedoms. I've been eating red delicious my entire life and I think they are just fine. Stop being pretentious.
>>
>>7772623
>my wifes son

Kek
>>
>>7772522
Get a few cobs and throw them in an oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Pull them out, peel it like a banana, and eat as is.
Perfect every time.
>>
My first job as a kid was working at a corn on the cob stand at festivals and soccer games.

Try being a 14 year old twink at Pride selling corn on the cob that I had to dip in a vat of hot butter. Was the highlight of my life.
>>
>>7772522
Buy some that are still in the ears, put a little oil in the ears, wrap entire thing in foil, cook on barbecue, eat best corn you've ever tasted.
>>
>>7773114
Fucking this. I hate honeycrisp apples, but red delicious ones are seen as plebs shit even though they taste far better.
>>
>>7772614
put a little (or a lot) of cotija on it and you have heaven right here, folks

>>7772631
also this
>>
>>7773172

I'd put my cob in your vat of hot butter qt, if u catch my drift.
>>
>>7773225

Heard every variation of that.

Saw some guy slap his boyfriend harder than I've ever seen anyone slap because he asked me for a double dip
>>
>>7773237

Id double dip my corn in your hot vat bby, maybe leave a kernel or two in there.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else.
>>
File: 1454289912935.jpg (5 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
1454289912935.jpg
5 KB, 223x226
>>7772522
it's because you can't cook for shit.
>>
>>7772522
You have larger problems if eating corn is tedious for you
>>
>>7773114
Here we see an american glorifying the cardboard of the apple world.
>>
>>7773196
Red Delicious have the consistency of overcooked potatoes. Fuji is the true king of the apple stand.
>>
>>7773301
honeycrisp, dude. fuji is good, but it isnt half the size of your head and bordering on intolerably sweet.
>>
>>7772565
>American
this faggot is probably eating Maize.
Don't be knockin my American corn or cornbread.
>>
>>7772622
We literally call common corn sweet corn in the states. It's great along side barbeque with fatty and acidic flavors. Hence sweet corn has become a staple of American summer food.
>>
Try, putting the kernels in a cup, add mayo, lime juice, sour cream, and some hot sauce if you like. It's so fucking good. Look up eskimal
>>
>>7773114
Try a king david or a rubinette.A commercially grown Red delicious is a vinuous shitty apple.
>>
>>7772522
Yellow corn is for pigs, white corn is for people

Why can't more Americans understand this?
>>
>>7773303
I'm spoiled and always got honeycrisp apples so I had to take a break from them

I'm currently trying out other apples, gala and Macintosh are ok
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.