[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: NVRuRDD.jpg (428 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
NVRuRDD.jpg
428 KB, 1536x2048
I really want to start brewing nice teas. I just buy H-E-B brand teas like white tea and stuff. I know loose leaf teas exist(teavana and all) but I hear teavana is bad.

Who makes good tea?
>>
>>7772404
it has less to do with quality of leaf than it does with how you make it
slow brew mustardrace
>>
Good loose-leaf tea comes from an estate, like wine.
Also like wine, tea is categorized by its general region: Assam, Ceylon, Darjeeling, and so on.
Japan and China have their own systems for their teas as well.

Don't buy branded blends of loose-leaf, find an importer who can sell you the leaf without a bunch of sprinkles and creamer added to it.
>>
>>7772421
Wrong. You can't turn shit flavors into good ones through some kind of slow brew magic.

>>7772404
Look for a supplier that gives you farm-level information. This most likely means they care and know enough to seek out good teas from individual farms.
>>
>>7772426
>>7773166
where do i start looking? The internet?

I guess i'll start
>>
>>7772404
Lurk the tea threads
>>
>>7773588
Loose tea are better because you can judge the quality of the leaf.

Go to teabox.com , they give a lot of informations about their tea. They have a very good selection of Indian tea.

If you are more into chinese tea, go to ''Health tea house'' shop on aliexpress.

If you want to have control on your tea infusion, you may want to buy a Gaiwan (15$ and you have a good one for life) so you make the infusion and drop it in a teapot after. Or you can drink directly from the Gaiwan, I don't recommend it I find it messy desu.
>>
>>7772404
That's coffee tho
>>
>>7774086
isn't coffee pretty much a tea?
>>
>>7774131
Obvious bait is obvious.
>>
>>7776066
Not that guy but it's a dried product you steep in hot water to derive flavor
>>
>>7776089
you don't steep it the same way. tea is left in the hot water for 3-5 minutes depending on the type of tea while hot water is passed through grounds coffee to make the beverage with the exception of french pressed,
>>
>>7776096
>3-5 minuter
ayy lmao
>>
>>7774131
Tea is made from leaves of a small grouping of plants. Coffee is a bean that comes from a plant that is not in the grouping of plants that are used for tea.

Tea leaves are simply picked and dried. Coffee beans are picked, shelled, roasted, and ground.

Tea is left to set in hot water for several minutes, while water is just passed through coffee grounds.

Tea and coffee are very different things.
>>
>>7776096
>tea is left in the hot water for 3-5 minutes
>with the exception of french pressed

oh, so it's exactly like coffee then
>>
>>7776280
In that case instant ramen is also exactly like coffee.
>>
>>7776096
>while hot water is passed through grounds coffee
What the hell are you talking about?
Not every way of making coffee relies on a drip machine. Ever heard of a cezve?
I stopped drinking coffee several years ago in favour of tea because it tastes much better and even I'm mad.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.