[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mixed bean recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 276x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 276x355
My girlfriends mom has this insane idea that we don't have food and keeps giving us weird bullshit we don't need.

She gave us a big ass bag of pic related. It's got pinto, black, navy, garbanzo, mixed lentils and split pea. Any suggestions on what I can do with this besides soup?
>>
I've had a really good Croatian bean soup
>>
>>7768243

I think your "gf's" mom is tryinjg to make her gasy and fat so that you break up with and which will make her hate to forever and move on to a real man.
>>
>>7768268

If you soak beans enough and don't eat a bunch of shitty processed sugars all the time you shouldn't get bad gas from them.
>>
hambone soup is great with that mix. throw in a hambone, an onion, a bay leaf and plenty of salt and pepper, simmer until delicious
>>
>>7768273

>he doesn't add sugar to beans to increase gas production
>>
>Asks for recipe ideas besides soup
>gets 2 soup replies and 2 smart asses
>mfw

Anyway, OP, try finding a bean casserole recipe, or a bean salad, or beans and rice with some kind of grilled or braised meat.
>>
>>7768273

>he fell for the soaking meme

Literally scientifically proven to do nothing you cuck
>>
>>7768243
>what I can do with this besides soup?

You say that like it's a bad thing. Bean soup cooked with a cured/smoked pork product is god-tier.
>>
Eating a variety of beans like that will give you monster gas.

Stick with pinto beans. I eat them all the time and my farting level is normal.

After you've cooked the beans (pressure cooker works best), simply simmer a serving size worth in water with tomato paste and spices, and whatever else you wanna put in there, and enjoy. I also recommend emptying a packet of aspartame in it to sweeten it up a bit.
>>
>>7768479
>Eating a variety of beans like that will give you monster gas.

Maybe you, but I eat beans often, including a "15 bean blend" and I have little if any gas to speak of. Different people are different. Plus, if you soak them first you remove a lot of the chemical that produces the gas in the first place.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.