[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it unfair to have the judges review each meal individually?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: chopped[1].jpg (162 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
chopped[1].jpg
162 KB, 720x540
Isn't it unfair to have the judges review each meal individually? Whichever contestant is judged last has to leave their food sitting in the cold for however long it takes for the judges to finally get around to them.
>>
>>7767931

spoiler: the contestant they spend the least time talking about always wins the round

in every single cooking network gameshow. it's hilarious
>>
File: 1464922759454.jpg (290 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464922759454.jpg
290 KB, 1080x1080
>he takes "reality" tv seriously
>>
its all stage managed, they cook every dish twice, one for the "race" and then one to be judged individually, same way they did it on Iron Chef.

Although literally nothing I've ever seen on that show would be any worse for being cold or hot

>prunes
>quail eggs
>canned velveeta
>green scrubby
>GO
>>
Every one of these shows is the same.

Le "I AM ITALIAN AND ANGRY, DON'T MAKE ITALIAN FOOD OR I WILL NITPICK IT ENDLESSLY, MY GRANDMOTHER ONCE SUCKED OFF A GUY WHO LIVED IN THE OLD COUNTRY, YOU AREN'T PRONOUNCING IT RIGHT" guy.

Le "I'm a picky bitch, I'm not touching this, why am I even on this show" bitch

"I have no opinion, I will eat everything" slob

"OMG OMG FOOD ISN'T ABOUT TASTE, IT'S ABOUT SMELL/TEXTURE/APPEARANCE/OTHER AUTISTICALLY SPECIFIC NON-FOOD RELATED ASPECT" autist
>>
File: Scott-Conant-from-Food-Network.jpg (17 KB, 265x354) Image search: [Google]
Scott-Conant-from-Food-Network.jpg
17 KB, 265x354
>>7768027
"I'm Scott Conant, I made a noodle once. Get fucked by a gay Barilla."
>>
>>7768027
"I'm Alex Guarnaschelli. I have hips that could birth a rhino and named my restaurant Butter. Howyoudoin'?"
>>
>>7768070
Is that the guy who hates onions and bitches when served onions?
>>
Guys grocery games is far superior
>>
They have hot/cold storage for the food while waiting to be judged.
Evidenced in one episode where a contestants ice cream melts into soup before it is judged, and Ted asks the contestant
>did you mean for it to be cold soup or ice cream?
>why didn't you let our stage hands know it needed to be kept cold?
>>
>>7768078
If you watch the after show (or whatever) it's pretty clear that Alex is the best cook by far on that show.

She's also pretty funny.
>>
>>7768090
Specifically raw red onions, yes.
>>
>>7768070
>>7768078
heh these are funny
>>
>>7767931
The fact that I've seen literally dozens of contestants go on to the next round (and sometimes to win the whole thing) even though they forgot to put in a basket ingredient makes this show a huge fucking joke to me.

I cannot watch it anymore. After watching one episode where the pork/steak for one contestant (can't remember) was under seasoned, and someone else literally forgot a whole basket ingredient, the person who under seasoned was sent home. Like, if you guys do the whole fucking basket ingredient thing, it should be automatic that they lose if they don't do it. Sure yeah, the dish still tastes fucking great, but that forgotten ingredient could of been a huge difference one way or another. It boggles me how many times they let chefs get away with forgetting the basket.
>>
File: marcus samuelson.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
marcus samuelson.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
"I'm Marcus Samuelsson and I'm the only consistently likable judge on the show. Greetings from Sweden."
>>
>>7768090
yes

how the fuck do you hate onions lol
>>
>>7769186
I don't know, I kinda think Zakarian is a pretty good judge.
>>
>>7769197
Zakarian is insufferable.
>>
>>7767970
>Who is this angel
>Reverse image search
>This is the best angle, best lighting, and prettiest face she's ever made in her life.

Damnit.
>>
File: bate.jpg (37 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bate.jpg
37 KB, 1000x1000
>>7768156
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.