[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the iced coffee is so bad yet so good i went to a small coffee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: clark-howard_842403438.jpg (66 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
clark-howard_842403438.jpg
66 KB, 500x333
the iced coffee is so bad

yet so good

i went to a small coffee shop with some cold brew, and it was godly. but it was 5 bucks for 20 oz of ice and coffee. SBUX is much cheaper, but shittier, yet I like it

truly a predicament
>>
It's the only thing I Ike at 'bucks DESU
>>
File: IMG_20160610_075746457.jpg (4 MB, 3006x5344) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160610_075746457.jpg
4 MB, 3006x5344
dunkin life
>>
>>7767307
I'm surprised it was so bad, honestly. I think if forced to go SBux, maybe you should point to one of the 3 fresh brews of the day for your coffee versus whatever they have prepped as "cold brew."

I don't mind the Starbucks unsweet iced coffee with the black label or the big pitcher you can buy at Wal-mart.

Publix just started carrying "not so sweet Stok" for the same price as the Starbucks quart. For $10, two concentrated unsweetened flavors of Chameleon is now available. Neither one has any bitterness, but you could give it a splash of half and half if you want insurance against it, because of the balance.
>>
>>7767307
iktf

Although the coffee shop I had nitro cold brew at was selling it for $3.75 iirc. Fucking godly. Starbucks's cold brew is basically the result of steeping chewed chewing tobacco in water for 24 hours. But I'll try their new sweet cream cold brew, which is basically cold brew with a little diabetes and heavy cream.
>>
>>7767378
>DESU
Faggot mlp autist
>>
I get my iced coffee out of a machine that pisses it out at 7-11. Not very good I guess but it's like 2 bucks and some change.
>>
>>7767401
This is the real 'go meme. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
>>
File: 63786637.jpg (58 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
63786637.jpg
58 KB, 500x365
TFW a Philz Coffee Shop opens in your city
>>
>>7769156
i had that yesterday and i wish i just got a normal ice coffee desu

the cool ads of it in mason jars is what made me buy not even going to lie it looked trendy as fuck.
>>
>>7769679
baka desu senpai
>>
>>7769736
what?
>>
coffeefags are the worst
>>
Does cold brew just taste stronger?
>>
Good iced coffee is amazing. Bad iced coffee is incredibly mediocre and needs cream to hide the burnt-ish taste
>>
>>7767307
>>7769156
I used to sling kegs of cold brew for the company that distributes Stumptown up here in British Columbia. It's a HUGE fucking ripoff. I forget the actual price of a 30 L keg but if they're making $5 on a 20 oz pour it's almost all profit. That said, it's god damn delicious and will get you wired as all hell. I just have a huge problem paying full price for it. The stuff I make at home is never as tasty and doesn't have the benefit of the nitro :(
>>
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/category/kitchen/coffee-tea/coffee-grinders/12398/12398-4294966331-24-23/1-96?pagSortOpt=DEFAULT-0&view=grid&refType=true

What's the best grinder from this list? My friend works here and I can use his discount.
>>
>>7772336
The Hario Skerton is a really typical entry-level grinder. Try to get a burr grinder, they're infinitely more consistent than a normal grinder. Not sure on the quality of that Cuisinart burr grinder that's first on the list, but that's probably better than most others on that list.
>>
>>7772030
Yeah, the ratio of water to coffee is much smaller when making cold brew, so it becomes something of a coffee "concentrate"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.