[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been sick with an infection for the past month and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: colas.jpg (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
colas.jpg
26 KB, 400x300
I've been sick with an infection for the past month and have consumed little food, and what food I have was very bland and healthy hospital food. I have not eaten anything more sugary than apple sauce in that time and although I feel my tastes have not changed, I tried drinking soda tonight and it was absolutely foul. Is it possible that going without sugar for that long has made me hyper sensitive to it? I've tried salty junk food and I like it the same as before, but the coca cola was just so sickeningly sweet.
>>
>>7763759
When my seasonal allergies started acting up badly when i was around 16 i could no longer drink soda alone without getting headaches. Been on water ever since.
>>
>>7763759
>it was absolutely foul
It means you are recovering from sugar.
>>
>>7763764
No offense bro, but you sound like a faggot when you phrase it like that.
>>
>>7763759
>coca cola

now there's yer problem
>>
>>7763772
this
try fruit
its amazing
>>
My RN roommate has this to say

>Your body wants certain nutrients badly and knows that infections love sugar so it's altering your taste
>>
>>7763963
I've never really has much of a taste for fruit, never liked it that much. I'd honestly much rather eat vegetables than fruit.
>>
File: 1418752043635.jpg (41 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
1418752043635.jpg
41 KB, 500x743
>>7763764
>>7765099
Tell us more about your sad life, fag.
>>
>>7763759
Congrats man, you've detoxed from your sugar addiction. Soda is, in general, revoltingly sweet, it's just that most people have gotten so used to absolutely insane amounts of sugar that they don't notice it.
>>
>>7765764
Wouldn't that make me also find a lot of other foods taste bad considering how many other foods have a decent amount of sugar in it? Sauces for meats comes to mind.
>>
>>7766373

People that say hospital food is "bland" usually have fucked up diets consisting of a bunch of shit that has assloads of sodium, sugars, and fats. However, if you eat those "bland" foods long enough, then your senses start to develop new standards for "normal" tasting foods, and if you switch back to your shitty diet, the food might not taste as good as you thought it would.

This is what happened to you with nasty as coca-cola.
>>
I cut out all sweet food/drink made with sugar for one month and the same thing happened. Just how it goes.
>>
>>7766442
Hospital food is bland because it's under-seasoned and over-cooked.
>>
>>7765764
100 times this. As someone who has tried to change their diet to a healthy one and mostly succeeded- I used to drink coke every day, but wanted to lose weight so I stopped. For a few months drank absolutely only water, the next time I tasted coke it was unbearably sweet. Because that's what it is.
>>
>>7763759
>Is it possible that going without sugar for that long has made me hyper sensitive to it?

Most likely you actually became normal sensitive to it.

I used to drink allot of sugery cola, and i swear i can tast this sour tast of insulin or something when i drink it. And the fact its just pure syrup.

Go for suger free.
>>
>>7766442

Hospital food is bland because....it fucking sucks. It's mass-produced in an industrial kitchen, so that precludes the use of good quality ingredients. Everything is factory farmed.

...and since it's being fed to sick people, it cannot contain much in the way of seasonings that might make someone's stomach upset, trigger an allergic reaction, or cause other medical issues. It's the very worst example of lowest-common-denominator food.
>>
>>7763759

OP, you were probably overwhelmed by the acidity.
>>
>>7765764
I eat mostly plant foods and fish. Yet on the rare occasion I have a cola I don't find it 'sickeningly' sweet. Rather, it's just incredibly gassy, and I struggle with more than one bottle. Maybe the EU cola is different though. It's nice chilled.

So I disagree.
>>
>>7768778
>I tasted coke it was unbearably sweet. Because that's what it is.
You must be broken. My parents allowed ansolutely zero junk food in our house, I didn't even have cake or candy until I was 7 or 8. Never had a problem with coke being to sweet and I ate something sweet less than 6 or 7 times a year.
>>
Wait.
You're saying that you used to consume so much sugar, you fucked up your body by not having it for a month?
Good god man. Stop being disgusting
>>
>>7768923
Yes, it was sugar that gave me an infection, sugar is to blame for a month of blood, pus, and terrible pain.
>>
>>7765099
the point is the natural sugars in the fruit are enough for the fruit to taste sweet since you're recovering from sugar, so try it you fucking faggot
>>
>>7770356
Why are you so angry? Why do you assume there's only two people in this thread?
>>
>>7764191
>Your body wants certain nutrients badly and knows that infections love sugar so it's altering your taste

And this is why your RN isn't a doctor
>>
>>7768936
>it was sugar that gave me an infection

that is some grade A autism senpai.
>>
>>7768825
OP here. This guy is 100% right. Tried another very sugary food and it was fine, another acidic one and it was gross.
>>
>>7763759
Your tastes have just normalised. I quit soda as a teenager because of health issues and everything started tasting sweeter afterwards.
>>
>>7768922
Kids have a higher tolerance for sweet things and a lower tolerance for bitter things. That's why they love lollies so much.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.