[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Let's settle this once for and all.

Hotdog or Burger
>>
>>7763387
In a ballpark, hotdogs always win. They use magic in ballparks.

Anywhere else, even the shittiest burger is better than a hotdog.
>>
Depends. Plain burger vs plain hot dog or something more spiced up?
>>
>>7763406
in any form
>>
>>7763412
For plain ones, hot dogs have a higher floor due to texture
For going all, out burgers have way more potential
>>
>>7763404
This desu senpai
>>
Burgers, easily. More filling, more options for toppings, and burger buns are simply objectively better than hot dog buns.
>>
we got a lot of burger fans in this thread

FUCK YOU

HOTDOG WILL ALWAYS REIN ETERNAL SUPREME
>>
I like hotdogs
I love burgers
>>
both are great or horrible depending on certain factors
but the best burger i ever had was better than the best hot dog i ever had
so burger wins
>>
File: 1352271927355.jpg (39 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1352271927355.jpg
39 KB, 403x403
BURGER
>>
>>7763387
Since when is this a great debate? Look at how many burger places there are compared to hot dog places and there is your answer. Burger will always reign supreme.
>>
HOT DOG
O
T

D
O
G
>>
>>7763634
>>7763539
believing in the burger shills spamming this thread

pfft you probably think that trump is behind in the polls as well
>>
Hot dogs are fucking awful, they all taste the same, and have a very low ceiling in terms of perfection. Burgers all the way!
>>
Does a bratwurst in a bun with onion, sauerkraut and sauce count or is hotdog just for those wierd red sausages?

If so id rather one over a burger
>>
Burgers win because they are just better and you can do more things with them
>>
File: ham-dogger-xl.jpg (127 KB, 775x775) Image search: [Google]
ham-dogger-xl.jpg
127 KB, 775x775
>>7763387

Debate solved.
Checkmate, atheists.
>>
The hot dog is by nature pedestrian, egalitarian and common. No matter how you dress it up the hot dog can never be taken very far from the street.

The burger can go both ways. A burger san be so street that you buy it from a drive thru and eat it in the car. But make it with excellent meat and serve on a great bun and it wouldn't be out of place in a Michelin starred restaurant.

So I'd say the burger can go places the hot dog can't, but the dog never loses its street cred. Which is "better" depends on what you value.
>>
Where I live the hot dogs come in such a variety that overwhelms the burger options. You're most likely to find an awesome hot dog than a relatively good hamburger, at least until recently, because the hamburgers are making a comeback, albeit a slow one.
>>
>>7764433
that looks more like a big long shit.
>>
I've never thought after eating a hotdog, fuck, that was amazing. Hamburgers on the other hand, can be prepared with some real skill and good ingredients. Ask yourself if you can remember the best hotdog you've ever had. Probably not. But ide wager you remember the best burger. I do.
>>
>>7765537
I can remember the best hotdog I have ever had, the thing is it was extremely gourmet for a hotdog, as well as pure junk food really.

It was a 14 inch long, and unusually girthy hotdog, filled with pepper jack cheese. It was wrapped in bacon, and deep fried. It had dill relish, cole slaw, and some kind of crunchy stuff that I am pretty sure was crushed doritos, and some finely chopped. They made a very big roll of this kind of sweet bread, and basically hollowed out the center and put this inside.
>>
sausage or burger would be a better question.
>>
Hamdogs, obviously. Made these last week

>OC coming through
>Step aside nobles
>>
>>7765435
This was my immediate reaction as well... looked like someone shat into a bun.
>>
the real question is:

is a hotdog a sandwich?
>>
>>7765857
no, it's a hot dog
the sausage in a hotdog is a frankfurter
a hamburger is a sandwich, though.
>>
>>7763387
Burger fitta

Dog bullshit
>>
A good burger is way better than a hotdog. But I'll take a hot dog over a shitty burger any day.
>>
>>7763387
Gotta have them burgs.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.