[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's with the obsession over "meal prep" lately?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Veggie-bowls.jpg (165 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Veggie-bowls.jpg
165 KB, 620x400
what's with the obsession over "meal prep" lately? shit seems autistic to me. pic related
>>
>>7754962
>veggie bowls
>>
cooking enough food for a week in one go is less time-consuming than cooking each day
>>
>>7754979

>time to shitpost on 4chins or normie book for hours
>no time to cook
>>
>>7755012
who are you quoting?
>>
>work 9-5 M-F
>go to college after work, usually until 8, sometimes later (4 days a week during summer, 3 during regular semester)
>spend other time with fiancee or doing homework

For me, it makes sense to spend Sunday preparing my meals for the week. Obviously once it hits Wednesday, I gotta spend that night cooking shit for Thursday and Friday, but it helps with time management. Plus I find it really fun.
>>
>>7755031
>time management
Yup. More time management means more time you can spend shitposting on 4chan, >>7755012
>>
>work 6am to 330
>drive home
>walk dog
>cook dinner
>watch a show
>shower
>it's suddenly 9pm and I have to go to bed
It's just easier prepping an okay lunch for the week in one sitting.
>>
>>7755038

ITT: wage slaves try to fix everything else except the real problem
>>
>>7755047
Bernie's a lost cause at this point, desu.
>>
>>7755053

bernie is a faggot

my point was that it is easier to save money than to save time. get a job that doesn't rape you 60 hours a week and actually enjoy your life instead.
>>
>>7755047
>neet opinion
In the trash it goes
>>
>>7755055
I don't think Hilary is going to give me that.
>>
>>7755047
What? I like my job.
>>
wagekek faggots don't have time to cook food
>>
>>7755289
Aren't NEETS notorious for just eating frozen dinners and ramen?
>>
When you guys say wage slaves do you mean hourly workers who do retail/food/customer service or do you also include those with good salaried jobs with good benefits?
>>
>lately

That shit has been around for a long time Anon.
>>
File: 1430169109086.jpg (3 KB, 107x100) Image search: [Google]
1430169109086.jpg
3 KB, 107x100
>>7755297
they are either memers or actually angry at the world, so they basically mean everyone with a job that is not independent, or if really asshurt everyone that works

>answering question

I weight my food and track macronutrients, preparing ahead of time means I don't have to have questions asked about using a scale. Plus I work on a ranch, so there aren't any restaurants around even if I wanted to go to one.
>>
>>7755297
>good salaried jobs with good benefits

It's still slavery in its own way anon. At least hourly workers go home after their 8 hours or get paid extra for more.
>>
>>7754962
It helps track your caloric intake and macros.
Pre-packaged things are good too but price and ingredients quality vary a lot so I stick to basic stuff like beans and passato for lunch
>>
>>7755297

I mean someone whose entire life and self worth is working and making money. Someone that basically has no free time, hobbies or social life outside of working all day and watching videos on how to meal prep so that they can spend more time at work or sleeping.

I am not saying be a NEET and collect benefits (this is even worse than being a wage slave and a truly pitiful life) I was simply saying that if you are worried about "wasting" 20-30 minutes to make dinner your life is probably shit and you should look for a better job before you wake up and you are 60 years old and realize you have done absolutely nothing but work.
>>
>not having a loving wife who has freshly cooked dinner ready for you when you come back home from work

I pity you lot.
>>
>>7755380

great point

salaried workers are way more likely to be slaves devoted to their job than hourly workers and hourly jobs aren't all that bad.

Example: I would much rather be a nurse, make $40/hr and work 3 days a week than be a doctor, make more money but always be on call.
>>
>>7755357
Everyone is a slave Anon.

You are literally property of your country. When you get a birth certificate you are labeled as an asset of the country so whether you have a job or not you are just property.
>>
>>7755047

god i always thought wage slaves was just a joke word

die in an apartment fire
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.