[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got 100 bucks for food. Should I buy a bag of carrots, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1455119543236.jpg (77 KB, 331x322) Image search: [Google]
1455119543236.jpg
77 KB, 331x322
I got 100 bucks for food.

Should I buy a bag of carrots, and celery, some chicken and potatoes and rice, maybe few bananas

Or 100 bucks worth of junk food and pop?

I can tell you the junk food I can get 50 bucks of it and still feel like I have too much, but the veggies and little bit of meat i'll go over the 100 bucks without even trying.
>>
>>7747362

try harder dumbass
>>
>>7747362
>but the veggies and little bit of meat i'll go over the 100 bucks without even trying.

Stop shopping at Whole Foods then.
>>
>>7747400
Stop making fun of dumbasses, you racist.
>>
>>7747410
because they also sell junk food?

Should I get some dollar steaks???
>>
>>7747400
Wait... what am I doing wrong...
>>
>>7747362
Veggies aren't that expensive. Bag of carrots runs about $1.50 here. Celery plant runs about same. Onions are $1/lb or so?

Whole chickens (if you don't get the Whole Foods organic Kobe massaged ones) are about $1/lb, run about 5-6 lbs and yield about half that in meat.

If you're willing to get pork shoulder and buy in bulk, you can get a $35 boston butt that will cost you about $1.80/lb? And it's pure meat, if you get one that's already deboned.

Cabbage is dirt cheap, pork can be dirt cheap, carrots and onions aren't too bad. Get some bulk bread flour and make a massive amount of pork buns. I bet you can make enough pork buns out of $100 to last you the whole month, stick them in the freezer, reheat them in the microwave.
>>
>>7747496
pork buns sounds amazing. sounds cool.

yeah and pork loin is cheap too, if not the most flavourful i do have spices and shit. i was going to just get some flour sugar and yeast to make dough anyways, but i'll look for the bread flour. didn't know they had that.
>>
A mixture of both. Don't be anal.
>>
>>7747510
All purpose flour would work well with pork buns too. If you already got it on hand, use that up first :P
>>
>>7747520
you just blew my mind. I think I can do 50 on both. I feel poor eating junk food, but then I realize... that's what poor people eat... It's not WHY their poor. It's kinda like how lobster use to be common food...

I wonder if in the future Doritos will be considered a delicacy?
>>
>>7747529
I don't have any on hand. I'll check the bulk bread flour first, that seems easier. The error for fucking up is something you can't have with little money.
>>
>>7747540
If you're going for cheap, all-purpose will be cheaper than bread flour and will work well enough.
>>
>>7747362
Look, I can tell that you're lazy as fuck, so my suggestion is to buy whole rotisserie chickens every couple of days, make a big batch of mashed potatoes, buy some frozen vegetables and call it a day. Spend the rest on snacks like bread, cheese, cold cuts, granola bars, crackers, popcorn, etc.
>>
I think the problem with American kids living on their own is that they have no sense of a staple in the diet. Meat is centered around everything else cause of the industry.

its should be rice and beans as a base for everything, then you add your meat if you can.

100 can go a long way following that.
>>
>>7748815
hmm. I was going to use potatoes as a staple. It's the meat part that does bug me the most, but beans are good too. and cheese.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.