[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /ck/ eat when they're sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1457054576583.jpg (76 KB, 249x301) Image search: [Google]
1457054576583.jpg
76 KB, 249x301
what does /ck/ eat when they're sick
>>
>>7747301
>eating when sick
>>
>>7747301
Last time I had a cold, I drank Puerto Rican rum. It helped me forget I was sick.
>>
>>7747348
>facebook

nice try senpai
>>
>>7747301
Same shit I do when I'm not sick, as long as I have an appetite.

It's only ever mild infections anyway. Once you get viral tonsillitis once, you never get anything else.
>>
Matzoh Ball soup, chopped liver, rye bread
>>
Tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and fruit
>>
>>7747301
I grab a whole chicken and quarter it up and plop it into a pressure cooker fo 45minutes, then strain it and make a soup. The meat is nice and soft and you get some broth or soup to sip on. It usually helps or makes me feel better cause its hot warm broth.
>>
>>7747301
Chicken noodle soap/ orange juice/ water
>>
Vegetables, usually in soup form. Green tea is what I drink. Hot tottie before bed is nice.
>>
File: cream-of-chicken-soup-14717_l.jpg (61 KB, 614x409) Image search: [Google]
cream-of-chicken-soup-14717_l.jpg
61 KB, 614x409
>>7747301
Cream of chicken soup on toast...
The dairy might be too much for some people if it's stomach problems.
I'd recommend making it from scratch, but you can buy a can. It usually ends up one of those things thats always hanging around in the back of the pantry, and depending on how sick you are you may not feel like cooking too much.
If you're up to it you can throw veggies and chicken chunks in and make something like chicken à la King thing, but I'd reccomend just the plain soup for someone with a sore stomach.

But whenever I'm sick, be it hangover/fever/flu/whatever I eat this and it's really comforting and filling without being too much.
>>
Semen
>>
Some kind of soup and spicy food is ideal. I was sick last week and ordered tom yum, felt way better after that. The trick is to remove everything from your sinuses and move around a little each day.
>>
File: 511d4c94db31d.image.jpg (70 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
511d4c94db31d.image.jpg
70 KB, 620x620
>>7747301
I chug a liter or two of water and then take a shit.
>>
>>7749284
Yep.

My favorite is tom yom soup or tom kha soup.
>>
>>7747301
Okayu (rice porridge) like my mom used to make: with a pickled plum and a bit of fish flakes.
>>
>>7747301
soup. tomato if hungry, bare stock if not.
>>
Burned toast and a herbal infusion
>>
>>7747336
> Stopping eating when you get sick

I'm guessing every minor illness besides you and takes you at least 5 days to shake? You gotta eat when you're sick dawg.
>>
Soup, saltines, and fruit.
I make really good chicken noodle soup, but I don't feel like cooking when I'm sick. I make it when my mom gets sick, though.
>>
>>7749207
Roast the chicken in the oven before putting it in the pressure cooker. The taste is so much stronger and delicious.
>>
Water infused with a generous amount of grated ginger and crushed mint. Brothy chicken and vegetable soup.

Hydrating, nutrient dense and easy to digest. Nothing better for sicknesses.

And maybe a shot of Jagermeister or Pelinkovac (this one is often better) if I have an upset stomach.
>>
>>7752021
Dude, I thought I was the only one who took shots of Jager to cure an upset stomach. That shit works wonders.
>>
>>7752032
My nigga.

The herbs have compounds that stop stomachaches dead in their tracks. Mint/ginger tea does this, too. But I find that Jager is more convenient to actually take.
>>
Canned macaroni and cheese
Chocolate Digestives
Ice Cream Sandwiches with Custard
That was last time I drank too much after vomiting myself to sleep.

Next time it's going to be Sweetened Condensed milk heated until runny with Millionaires Shortbread and Carrot Cake from the local shitty bakery. They don't have much choice and it's all a bit low quality but the carrot cake is moist and the icing is good
>>
>>7747336
>eating at all
>>
>>7747301
Chicken soup obviously. Throw in some cayanne pepper to help clear the sinuses. But no matter what you eat, you won't really be able to taste it.
>>
>>7747301
food
>>
>>7751906
Yea, the few times I did this and made stock off the carcass it was richer tasting. Roasting it first is the superior way of making broth, changes the flavor in a good way. When sick though you really don't want to fire up an oven and the meat cooks softer under pressure than roasting, so it's better for me this way when sick.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.