[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello, I'm really hungry. What's the cheapest way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 1399659047635.jpg (85 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
1399659047635.jpg
85 KB, 324x324
hello, I'm really hungry.
What's the cheapest way to turn flour into something more edible?
>>
>>7732499
What else do you have for ingredients?
>>
>>7732499

make biscuits
>>
>>7732511
this. you can add almost anything with it.
>>
Flour, a little oil, a little warm water, mix, then stretch thin, then pan fry it.
>>
>>7732507
Salt, sugar, some oil I have about a dollar for ingredients, but It needs to last. I have lots of flour.
>>7732552
I don't have anything to add, I need something cheap, not something versatile
>>
>>7732559
>Flour, a little oil, a little warm water, mix, then stretch thin, then pan fry it.
this sounds disgusting. is it disgusting?
>>
Can someone give me like a legitimate recipe? My stomach really hurts.
>>
>>7732594
I guess it depends.... if you REALLY like sweet stuff, like Banana's and Apples, then YES. Terrible. If you like stuff like... friends bread, then it's fine.
>>
>>7732625
>friends bread
I'm sorry what now
>>
File: aups1_ep1010_003.jpg (138 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
aups1_ep1010_003.jpg
138 KB, 1080x608
>>7732625
What the hell is that senpai
>>
>>7732591
salt and sugar with oil and flour is fine. check out a bunch of recipes for biscuits online. I just mention goes with anything that, if you have ANYTHING else, you can add it with it, some sauce, or cheese or veggies that's lying around, anything, would go with it, obviously. i am down to a can of sardines so is the only reason i mention it.
>>
>>7732591

MAKE BANNOCK BREAD WYPIPO LIVED ON THAT SHIT FOR CENTURIES MY MAN
>>
>>7732631
FRIED BREAD, sorry I can't edit my post reddit.
>>
>>7732638
this, and anything other than baking powder is subject to change.
>>
>>7732638
what is it?
>>
File: dscf2741.jpg (301 KB, 1134x860) Image search: [Google]
dscf2741.jpg
301 KB, 1134x860
>>7732594
Not at all, it's just fried dough, you could deep fry it instead and it'd be even better
>>
>>7732651
thanks, that looks like it's the cheapest thing in the thread.
>>
>>7732643
R U SRS NIGGA

FLOUR OIL SALT SODA BAKE IN A GREASED PAN SHIT IS PRACTICALLY INSTINCTUAL
>>
Make some hardtack
Flour and water, bake in the oven and let it cool.
>>
>>7732672
I don't have soda. I think you're underestimating my poorness
>>7732675
thanks, I'll look into it.
>>
>>7732677
you can get baking soda for a dollar. or something to stick inside the dough.

i do recommend multivitamin and potassium pills if you plan on not eating for a long time. also drink 2 liters of water a day.
>>
File: friends.jpg (432 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
432 KB, 2000x1000
>>7732625
>>7732631
>>7732636
This is now a Friends bread.
>>
>>7732499
A chinese chef once taught me to do "false duck" from wheat flour. It's basically the gluten. You make a dough from flour and hot water, knead it completely dead and rubbery enough ta make a baker have a heart attack, and then put the dough in a bowl of water and "massage" it to wash the starch out. Replace the water once in a while to see what's going on.
If done right and pre-kneaded enough you'll end up with a grey, rubbery substance that you can score/shape too look like duck, cook in some sauce and season.
>>
>>7732685
That's a good joke anon, nice.
>>
>>7732689
you might as well eat rubber though
>>
>>7732499
Mix 500ml water in a bowl with the flour until you get a batter. Add a bit of salt and some bicarbonate of soda. If have some sugar add some sugar as well and/or some fruit like bananas into the batter. Heat frying pan and put two spoons of oil into the pan. When the pan is hot enough add a ladle full of the batter into the pan. Wait until bubbles start forming, then flip over. Congratulations! You just made cheap vegan ghetto ass pancakes.
>>
>>7732499
Make bread, especially a long/semi-long ferment variety. As it is, unless something can break down the flour, even if you can eat to feel full you'll be completely nutritionally empty.

Go to intructables and look up 'my ultimate bread', that one has turned out pretty good for me.
>>
>>7732702
>vegan
because pancakes normally call for bacon.
>>
>>7732712
They call for milk
>>
File: notvegan.gif (490 KB, 500x235) Image search: [Google]
notvegan.gif
490 KB, 500x235
>>7732716
Milks not vegan?
>>
>>7732702
so you're just making biscuit pancakes
>>
>>7732712
Water is cheaper than milk of course you can use milk instead of water but since OP sounded like such a poorfag i suggested the cheapest option which just happens to be vegan.
>>
>>7732679
Of course mom.
>>
>>7732613
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPiA69p4gqE
>>
>>7732613
Drink water, the bigger concern you should have is your intestines collapsing. cups of a day is more important when you don't eat, because most people get the moisture from teh food. you can go a week without food but only 2 days without water.

if you can buy/steal some yeast it's cheap as shit and will help you stretch the flour out better, and grab a box of baking soda. they're both cheap and with what you have can make legitimate food.

how much do you have of each ingrediant, give us the FULL measurements then we cna give you the FULL recipe of how far you can strech it and LITERALLY anything else you have that isn't wood.

You need to take inventory, post it to us and we can help you RED MAGE this shit. and any money you have for food, and we can give you good tips.
>>
>>7732720
No
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.