[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you use chopsticks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: chopstix.png (960 KB, 856x667) Image search: [Google]
chopstix.png
960 KB, 856x667
how do you use chopsticks
>>
You grab the food with the other end of the sticks and put it in your mouth.
>>
>>7725774

"can i please have some silverware? thank you"

or just eat like a real asian and put your mouth near the plate and use the chopsticks to shovel it in
>>
File: laugh.jpg (42 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
42 KB, 600x401
how do the Chinese name their children?
they throw a handful of silverware down the basement stairs and whatever sound it makes, that's what they name the kid

why do Chinese people eat with chopsticks?
because all their silverware is down on the basement floor
>>
File: chimp-with-twig.jpg (55 KB, 625x450) Image search: [Google]
chimp-with-twig.jpg
55 KB, 625x450
>>7725843

You piece of shit bigot. Asia culture is much more rich and advanced than Western culture.
>>
>>7726019
>Muh asia culture
Shut the fuck up Jamal
>>
>>7725774
Why do those noodles look fucking SHIT
>>
File: image.jpg (450 KB, 600x977) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450 KB, 600x977
>>7726019
>>
>>7725774
Better question is why would you use chopsticks.
>>
File: foodeatinstix.jpg (9 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
foodeatinstix.jpg
9 KB, 400x267
>>7726019

dem food eating sticks is the best part of eating at them Chiney restaurants

my gramps whittled me my own set
>>
>that one douchebag that insists on using chopsticks at an asian restaurant even when provided with silverware

The fork is an objectively better eating utensil than two fucking sticks
>>
>>7726096
no it isnt you fucking slob, chopsticks work like an extension of your fingers and are way more natural to pick up food with
>>
>>7726089
your being kinda retarded, here is another Japanese work of art from the same century
>>
>>7726117
>eating food with hands
k
>>
>>7726117
then why not just eat with you hands like pajeets do?
>>
>>7726089
or here are two large statues from centuries earlier(1203), carved by hand and asembled from a few hundred pieces of wood almost seamlessly
>>
>>7726122
Those roots kinda look like tentacles.
>>
>>7726122
....yeah a kid can draw that
>>
File: ken-sama.jpg (53 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ken-sama.jpg
53 KB, 600x800
>>7726122
>you
>>
>>7726125
>>7726129
>t. people who cant figure out how to use chopsticks
>>
>>7726122
were they using chopsticks to paint or some shit it looks terrible
>>
>>7726147
>CD towers
lol takes me back
>>
you pick them up and throw them in the bin as should be done with obsolete barbaric infinitely inferior utensils you weeb faggot
>>
>>7726089

> still using photorealism as a marker of artistic and cultural significance

weak shit, m8
>>
>>7726267

photorealism was impressive before stoners figured out they could trace projections and call it art
>>
>>7726089

France and Japan are the only ones that look barely interesting. Can't say I'm surprised that /pol/tards lack artistic sense and usr hyperrealism to define what's good art.
>>
File: chopstick.png (2 MB, 1527x859) Image search: [Google]
chopstick.png
2 MB, 1527x859
post chopstick technique.
>>
>>7726088
because rice noodles are shit
>>
>>7726089
Jesus christ, if I have to see those paintings one more god damn time.

>art student
>"ohhh the cultural signifcance"
>philsophical
>challenges traditional and romantic
God I fucking hate art.
>>
>>7726298

>6 great works of art depicting important historical moments/ideas with the best techinque and use of light
>barely interesting
>i like the 2D weeb finger waggle guy tho
>>
>>7727516
>>7727522
more like realism was only relevant before photographs were invented and its one of the lowest forms of painting
>>
>>7727516
>art student

You fucked up, big time.

Enjoy your minimum wage job.
>>
>>7726089
>when your country is waterlocked and doesn't have access to the paints all the other countries have until a naval embargo gets lifted

No shit they didn't have photoreal paintings. Japan didn't have any color dyes until the Dutch started trade with them in the mid 1500s, and it was only for rich people. They didn't have dyes for paints for painters until around the 1700s, so they just started.
>>
>>7727523

it was the height of art. masterful technique and painting interesting clearly relevant easily discussed events of great importance.

everything after it has been some hipster drug addict rubbing his dick in paint, pissing/bleeding on something or taking a picture of a soup can/bottle of vodka and talking about his crippling disability/homosexuality that makes him paint like a retard thats so different from everyone else and how troubled his life is
>>
>>7727522
>>7727523
>6 great works of art depicting important historical moments/ideas with the best techinque

6 works of art painted roughly around the same time all depicting military and authority figures as god awful people for destroying peasants lives while they live lives of luxury, while advertising it to the militant authority figures buying said paintings as a display of authority is the greatest scam of all time.

Too bad they weren't sold for anything of merit.

The deterritorialization of art away from monarchs and religion, along with advancements in technology (chemistry mostly) is what led painters to learn values and shading. And even then, no one bought these paintings or made them super important, until art schools in the late 1800s started with their revisionism and "muh philosophy" bullshit.
>>
>>7727531

its not the rest of the worlds fault that the japs voluntarily sank their entire naval fleet in 1525.

their rudimentary finger paintings are just more proof that they are backwards retards.
>>
>>7727545
>height of art

The height of art in terms of technique was the start of the postmodern era. All of the modernists in formal schools worked their hardest to make their paintings and sculptures as amazingly as possible, to hide their mistakes and crimes as much as possible.

The height of art as expression was the postmodern era, where
>hipster drug addict rubbing his dick in paint, pissing/bleeding on something or taking a picture of a soup can/bottle of vodka and talking about his crippling disability/homosexuality that makes him paint like a retard thats so different from everyone else and how troubled his life is

became ways that artists could legitimately express themselves instead of catering to a higher authority figure because "muh money".

>>7727524
Yes, I did. But at least I can shut down ignorant people like >>7727545 and >>7727522
>>
>>7727545
>it was the height of art.
no it wasnt you fucking idiot, its only purpose at the time was to convey real events and capture the likeness of real people because they had no other way of doing so, once the photograph was invented every artist ever essentially lost their job because photographs capture things perfectly and their painting-from-life skills became worthless
suddenly every painter had to actually apply creativity to their work instead of robotically copying real life, which gave birth to the much more complex forms of art that you consider 'hipster drug addicts rubbing their dicks in paint', of course such things go over uneducated people's heads and you only care about how much something resembles real life
>>
>>7727558
It's actually the fault of the Chinese monarch at the time, who literally announced to the entire world fleeing from the mainland of China to Japan that they were going to invade the rest of the world.

>backwards
They were being careful not to get utterly annihilated.
>>
File: modern art.jpg (260 KB, 1820x1228) Image search: [Google]
modern art.jpg
260 KB, 1820x1228
>>7727565

>modern art is for educated people

LOL
>>
>>7727565
>once the photograph was invented every artist ever essentially lost their job because photographs capture things perfectly and their painting-from-life skills became worthless

That's actually wrong. The invention of photography actually helped encourage technique because it gave the artists a piece of reference. If you adjusted for inflation, painters were actually the richest they've ever been, in the shortest economic rise of art there ever was.

Then suddenly industrialization and baby boomers made it abundantly clear that only a few highlight artists would ever be so rich, so the painters abandoned their craft to go work in a factory somewhere because 15 hour work days at constant pay is better than 300 work hours for a single painting that only covers about 12 weeks wages.
>>
>>7727569

>sink 3,500 ships
>this makes us safer

they sank the ships cause
>muh family unit
>sailors leave their families at home
>ships are expensive

literally just fucking sank them because they were to lazy to maintain them and wanted to stay at home
>>
>>7727579
Modern art isn't modern at all, it's post-postmodern art. Modernists existed around the late 1800s to early 1900s. Postmodernists existed until the Cold War.

Modern art is actually for educated people. You need to have an understanding of
>geometry, perspective, world culture, economics, race, history, gender, sexuality, technology, materials/engineering, (and now today programming, local law, business, and certification)
>all previous works made before yours
to make anything legitimately compelling enough for someone to either install (as a local landmark or specific modern museums) or buy (for a private collection for a really loaded rich guy, museums no longer buy they only host)

Art isn't just a good looking piece of work, that's aesthetic. Postmodern and post-postmodern art is about finding something to contribute to, or challenge.

What you're upset about is modern (modern as in, today, this time period, not the artistic movement) hipsterism.

Hipsterism is the worst thing to happen to art because it literally says "fuck all" to everything, I just wanna make cool looking shit, and disregards EVERYTHING that came before it, only to find someone actually understands everything that came before it and compares the new work with the old. Then hipsters end up having to backtrack and apply justification and meaning after they've already made something, instead of working on something the whole way through with a theme in mind.
>>
>>7727593
Considering the country was divided into the equivalent of city-states in Mesopotamia, they had a really fucking good reason to come back home. Every year there was a conquering.

They sunk ships also to dissuade trade. If Japan-made ships were sinking, the mainland of Asia had to assume it's because Japan didn't have any resources to maintain and repair the ships, thus all traders immediately went 180.
>>
>>7727625

my favorite is triple elvis. one elvis is cool but three elvis' WOAH thats crazy

$81 million was a steal
>>
>>7727643
Pretty much all art today has to be a steal. You can't survive otherwise, and don't let Patreon tell you otherwise.
>>
I don't because I'm not a weeb faggot.
>>
>>7727681
Yet here you are...
>>
>>7727472
>holding them that low
pleb detected
>>
>>7725774
>white people
>>
>>7726137
then draw it faggot
>>
I put them down and grab my cutlery.
>>
what fucking board is this?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.