[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cocktail Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: Miscallaneous-Cocktails.jpg (87 KB, 1024x742) Image search: [Google]
Miscallaneous-Cocktails.jpg
87 KB, 1024x742
It’s hot as fuck outside and I’ve got a tooth ache, so I decided I wanted a Kamikaze or three to numb me out.

But after buying a bottle of Belvedere vodka, (they were out of Luksusowa, my preferred brand) a bottle of Hiram Walker Triple-Sec, a bottle of lime juice and 4 limes and going to two party stores, a grocery store and a dollar store, none of them had measuring jiggers for sale.

Mosts of the recipes for a Kamikaze call for equal measures of vodka, triple-sec and lime juice with a wedge of lime but at one “shot” per ingredient, that’s a shooter and not a cocktail served in a Old Fashioned glass, which is how I get them in the bar.

According to the Internet, three tablespoons = 1 1/2 ounce shot, but three of those and a couple ice cubes still seems like it would be an undersized cocktail (pic related, the drink on the right is what I'm looking to achieve) Am I missing something?

Also; general cocktail thread.
>>
File: drink kamikaze-2.png (147 KB, 272x596) Image search: [Google]
drink kamikaze-2.png
147 KB, 272x596
>>7722128
>>
File: drink Kamikaze.png (309 KB, 628x1023) Image search: [Google]
drink Kamikaze.png
309 KB, 628x1023
>>7722142
>>
Question:
My work is hosting a Prince party/Purple Rain showing and we are trying to figure out a nice purple drink to special for the night. The ones my other coworkers have created are super sweet and taste like grape otterpops. Does anyone have a cocktail that is not sickeningly sweet that is purple?
>>
File: drink 3O Purple Rain.png (114 KB, 545x533) Image search: [Google]
drink 3O Purple Rain.png
114 KB, 545x533
>>7722237

Got pic related from here;

http://www.completecocktails.com/DrinksByColor/PurpleColoredDrinks.aspx
>>
A kamikaze is typically served as a shooter. I have very infrequently seen it served as an actual cocktail.

It's a simple enough matter to just double (or triple, should you be so inclined) the shooter recipe to make a cocktail.
>>
File: 139837033058[1].png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
139837033058[1].png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>7722237

Aviation seems to be the cocktail for you

60 ml (2 oz) Gin
20 ml (2/3 oz) fresh Lemon Juice
5 ml (1/6 oz) Maraschino Liqueur
5 ml (1/6 oz) Violet Liqueur
>>
>>7722300
That looks awful. Shit'll taste like straight-up koolaid.

I would look to make something using parfait amour or creme de violet, utilize the more subtle flavors of those liqueurs. This is where an understanding of mixology helps. Understanding how to blend different flavors in a way that creates a balanced, harmonious cocktail is a very good skill to learn.
>>
>>7722323

needs more violet liqeur to get the colour right though
>>
File: Japanese.jpg (133 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Japanese.jpg
133 KB, 800x600
>>7722320
>A kamikaze is typically served as a shooter. I have very infrequently seen it served as an actual cocktail.

Now see, I've never seen it served as a shooter, (48 year old Detroiter here) always a small cocktail served in an Old Fashioned glass.

I've had two so far and will soon make a third, (they're just too easy to drink!) and I've been doing a 1:1:1: of vodka, triple-sec and lime juice measuring it out in a generic shot glass of whatever capacity.
>>
>>7722356
Strange. I was taught to make it as a shooter, that's how we serve it at our bar, and that's how it's served at almost every bar I've been to.

I'm inclined to say it's a regional thing, I'm in Canada and I have noticed that shooters don't seem to be as popular in the US. They do usually make it as a shooter in Europe as well, from what I've seen in my travels.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.