[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I'm making tacos for my family this Saturday,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: foodonmydog-taco.jpeg.jpg (86 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
foodonmydog-taco.jpeg.jpg
86 KB, 500x333
Hey /ck/, I'm making tacos for my family this Saturday, so please share some tasty knowledge with me. I'm using flour tortillas and for the meat strip cutted tenderloin

It's not the first time im making them but they always taste kind of mild, tasty, but not delicious, kind of plain and simple/boring.

Also, my sister, brother and brother in law dont like to eat meat (not really vegans, they prefer veggies but i've seen them eat fish & chicken), so I need to come up with alternative recipes; I bought eggplants and mushrooms for two different options but im not sure what to do with them.
>>
make tuna fish tacos and keep alluding to vaginas during dinner. lunch and laugh for life bro
>>
>>7716262

throw the flour tortillas in the trash and get corn tortillas

add more cumin and ground ancho to the meat/veggies

marinate the meat with the spices and some garlic before cooking it

make your own salsa to top the tacos with
>>
Here's what I'd do.

Get yourself a couple of jalapeƱos and a chili pepper (whatever type you prefer or can find) along with a white onion and some garlic.
First, salt and pepper your meat. set it aside for a moment.
Dice and sautee the onions and garlic in some olive oil until browned. throw em in a blender but don't blend them yet.
roast the jalapeno and the chili pepper - you can use a kitchen torch or just put em under the broiler, but make sure they are thoroughly roasted, with some burned skin.
Now, add those peppers to the blender. blend until it's all a fine puree. Now, put your meat in the pan with some olive oil and begin to sautee. once you've got a good sear, add the puree from the blender. stir thoroughly, make sure the puree gets all in there. Finish, put in shells, top with salsa, cilantro, cheese, beans, whatever.

I suppose you could do this recipe with mushrooms instead of meat, but im not sure about eggplant.
>>
>>7716386
Do this but don't pour the chile into the meat, serve it on the side as a topping
>>
>>7716386
>>7716418
This is pretty helpful, thanks!
I was planning not to mix meat and chile bcus im pretty sure they will complain about the spicyness, its better to have it as an optional topping

>>7716375
Trust me id love to use corn tortillas but we dont get those easily over here, i've asked everywhere.
>>
>>7716262
>I'm using flour tortillas

you've already failed
>>
>>7716262
Ditch the flour go with corn. Rub meat with chilli p, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper, salt and lime. Cook that shit. Chop up onions and cilantro throw that kn the tacos and squeeze dat lime
>>
>>7716262
Black bean tacos for the veganfags
>>
>>7716418
> Eliminating the main source of flavor
> Serving it as a topping

Now we know why OP's tacos are bland. Maybe add a couple of roasted tomatoes to the blender if you need to dilute the spice?
>>
>>7716543
I used to live in mexico and everywhere i went the chile is always served as a topping, pouring it into the meat ruins it
>>
>>7716475
Aren't they popular in Northern Mexico?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.