[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you knead bread properly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 800px-Kneading.jpg (109 KB, 800x1135) Image search: [Google]
800px-Kneading.jpg
109 KB, 800x1135
How do you knead bread properly?
>>
>>7716224

well you could start by not have girly little fem hands so you could actually work the dough.
>>
that's on a need to know basis
>>
standmixer and a doughhook
>>
>>7716267
I don't want to spend $300 on something I'll only use occasionally.
>>
I just go crazy with it for like ten minutes, freestyle
>>
>>7716279
Buy a bread maker from a thrift shop and use the knead setting.

I have a KitchenAid and I don't knead bread in it because the pussy ass motor can't take the strain over the long run
>>
If it's bread, then you're too late.
>>
>>7716267

Basically this.

Trying to explain the "proper technique" to knead dough by hand just using words is practically impossible.
>>
Use your shoulder and the heel of your hand. Press your hand on the dough then slide it in an outward motion. Lather rinse repeat.
>>
>>7716224
press the heel of you hand in hard, fold in half, turn 90 deg., repeat. 10 minutes is usually enough.

Should be somewhat elastic, homogeneous, and tacky but not super sticky.

>>7716260
KNEAD TO KNOW, MUCH FAILURE YOU ARE

>>7716267
a great way to ruin a dough if someone doesn't understand the basics (which OP does not)
>>
File: French-bread-letter-006.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
French-bread-letter-006.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>7716451
Well done, anon. Actually made me laugh.
>>
First, take off any g'damn rings you're wearing.

Second, just flatten it, fold it, and do it again, and again, and again until it's nice and smooth.

With enough practice, you'll be able to feel when it's at the right consistency.
>>
>>7716629
goddamn
>>
>>7716224
not like Julia, that's for sure

https://youtu.be/9iH3hjDUhWw?t=318
>>
>>7717853
That should be titled how NOT to make French bread.....or any bread.
>>
>>7719039

She's obviously a complete beginner at kneeding/shaping it, but the basic technique she's going for is still baguette making 101.
>>
>>7716629
The fact that you wrote "g'damn" makes you a flaming faggot
>>
i use a bread machine to do the kneading.
>>
>>7719068
I stopped watching when she left half of her dough in the bowl....
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.