[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name something better in north carolina protip: you cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: 86.jpg (832 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
832 KB, 3300x2550
name something better in north carolina

protip: you cant
>>
You're right, NC is pretty terrible for good food.
>>
>>7684456

krispy kreme
cheerwine
college basketball
cookout
moonshine
carolina panthers
bbq

pretty based state desu
>>
who raleigh here?
>>
>>7684456
>name something better in north carolina

your sister, oh wait that would only work if I was you.
>>
>>7684528
Funny, we make the same joke about West Virginia.
>>
>>7684456

literally just moved to Winston Salem today. tried cookout, it was fine. cheerwine is definitely nothing special.

i know it's not a NC specific thing, but I tried Yuengling today for the first time and WOW I can't believe I got meme'd so hard. It literally tastes the same as budweiser. i'll stick to PBR/miller lite for my domestic beers, thank you very much.
>>
>>7684560
I live in NC and Cheerwine is very overrated. I'll take a glass of sweet tea over that any day.
>>
>>7684560

>prefers PBR to yuengling

go back to wherever you came from.
>>
>>7684551

r'ly? don't you think it's a little idiosyncratic, insofaras, the rest of the country makes the joke about the entire region but admittedly you humorously mock the truth behind the myth as, "oh it totally happens but it's them not us"
>>
File: IMG_20160313_132914-2.jpg (319 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_132914-2.jpg
319 KB, 800x600
>>7684456
popeyes bitch

widely available and better, all the bojangles in my area got shut the fuck down by popeyes
>>
>>7684566

Soda in general is shit/don't really drink it but with Dr Pepper, Root Beer, Cream Soda and Cheerwine it is easily in the top 4 with everything else being total garbage.
>>
>>7684584
>popeyes
is to fried chicked as Arby's is to burgers

A: nice try, good concept, poorly executed.
>>
>>7684567

W-S is a run down shithole, i'd leave in a heartbeat if i didn't have a new job lined up already
>>
>>7684589
>popeyes is to fried chicken as arbys is to burgers
Nice try, good response, poorly executed
>>
>>7684577

>the rest of the country makes the joke about the entire region

maybe this is just me, but as someone from outside the region, i always got the feeling that people really view mississippi, alabama, south carolina, and west virginia as the real "hick" states, and not so much north carolina, virginia, georgia, and tennessee.

well, until recently anyway. with this gay/transgendered shit going on, i'm sure most liberals are convinced NC is the hillbilly capital of the country now
>>
Shomars and Wing King Cafe

pretty easy 2bh
>>
File: SJW.png (50 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
SJW.png
50 KB, 800x500
>>7684608

>use the bathroom that matches your anatomy or use the gender neutral bathroom
>radical and bigoted hicks
>current year
>>
>>7684633

hey i didn't say i disagree with NC, but that's definitely how the media portrayal is playing out
>>
>>7684608

I'm so glad that we were able to expand your biggotory and unacceptance of the people you hate for no reason, even further.
>>
>>7684648

>we should allow men in the womens room
>its progressive
>surely it won't create any problems
>let middleschool/highschool boys and girls use the same locker rooms and restrooms

meanwhile /b/ probably has 4 active creepshot threads with hundreds of replies

either piss in the toilet that matches your gender or go use the neutral bathroom. this isn't about hate its about thousands of girls across the state not having to change in front of some creep that wants to pull his dick out in the girls locker room everyday during gym class.
>>
>>7684648

why not just require places to have unisex/"family" restrooms available if they have a problem with the trangendered shit. that solves the problem for everyone
>>
>>7684689

private businesses are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want. HB2 doesn't say shit about private businesses. you can make all your bathrooms genderqueer unicorn as the only option if you want.
>>
>>7684676

>either piss in the toilet that matches your gender

everyone know it's more comfortable to piss sitting down and I'd like to see you try to take a shit standing up?

I don't know why you feel the need to be so intolerant and myopic. Just because they have different junk doesn't mean they are at risk. I would suggest that their bull dike PE teacher, rubbin' them out each shower session is a bigger threat, than a dude that likes dudes and dresses.
>>
>>7684456

cookout
>>
>>7684706
>genderqueer unicorn

I sense some fustration, in your phrasing
>>
File: media deception.jpg (92 KB, 700x934) Image search: [Google]
media deception.jpg
92 KB, 700x934
>>7684720

yes. it is frustrating to watch liberals try to burn the entire state down about where trannies should take a piss.

literally a total non issue
>>
Hathaways.
>>
>>7684726
whoa there, it's a huge issue. Young men are very impressionable and confused for the most part. If they are presented with what seems to be a woman of equal age who appears to be sexually motivated they may fall into the deep pit of faggory where their soul will burn in hell for all eternity. Which is clearly why it make the most sense to put the trannies with the bitch where no one is aroused to keep everyone safe(b...bbb...but tranies fuck bitches too: NO once a fag puts on the skirt there is no regaining your manhood).
>>
>>7684767

let them use the gender neutral bathroom. need to teach them young that being an attention whore for the drama doesn't make you a special butterfly and that no one gives a shit.
>>
>>7684777

nice trips

but NO.

making a special "bathroom" just peeks the mind of curious young men, just like the age old obsession to see what really takes place in the ladies locker room; this new found island of sexual mystery you call the "gender neutral" forbidden palace of sexual delights would become far too tempting for any horny school boy, leading to exponential growth of uncontrolled faggotry.
>>
>>7684508
Me, I work in the industry do you?
>>
>>7684476

and good lawmaking.
>>
>>7684689

i imagine it'd feel pretty shit to be transgender and have to use a unisex bathroom, absolutely all the time, despite the fact that you are either a man or a woman. kinda like it'd feel shit if you were black and had to use a "blacks only" bathroom.
>>
>>7684885
You're dumb and you should feel bad for comparing over a hundred years of racism to something as simple as using the unisex toilet.
>>
>>7684893

nope, an increasing number of individuals are coming out as transgender. you're stupid and should feel bad for not understanding the similarities between two types of systematic hatred of particular groups of human beings.
>>
>>7684899
Is this bait? I think this is bait.
>>
>>7684885

>if you dress like a girl and use the girls restroom and don't make a big deal about it the gender police are going to throw you in prison for life
>>
>>7684864

i'm a cook at state
>>
>>7684902

good lord, i should have known better than to talk to people on 4chan as though they were reasonable people with half a brain and a lack of projectile self-hatred.
>>
>>7684893

the struggle that blacks faced for equality in the history of genocide and the willful abduction and enslavement of a people applies to all that seek freedom even some fags that like to do the pantie snake.
>>
>>7684906
>people on 4chan as though they were reasonable people

that just goes to show that you are an intolerant person who tries to put everyone in a little box and judge them as a biggoted mind deems.
>>
>>7684906

thats your retort? to call me brainless?

please show me in the bill where it says that every bathroom will have a police officer who must inspect your genitals before you are allowed to enter the restroom.

there is literally zero way to enforce this law on the average transgender bathroom user unless you are just a blatant creeper neckbeard that doesn't need to be in the bathroom to begin with.

complete fucking non issue. please tell me more about how its practically the holocaust though.
>>
>>7684903
Im a cook at ān
>>
>>7684903
Any culinary school? I know a guy who cooks at state and he went to night classes with me at the chefs academy for a while before I switched to day classes
>>
>>7684906
>As if they were reasonable people
>Immediately pulls the race card when talking about transgendered people
>>
>>7684942

I was totally with you for letting them use the little girls room, but you lost at making a seperate tranny pisser.
>>
>>7684955
Unisex bathrooms aren't anything new, dumbass.
>>
>>7684947

nope. A little restaurant experience and good references got me in
>>
>>7684963

culinary school and experience > experience > culinary school and no experience

you should work in the industry before you decide to invest in culinary school and then get out in debt and find out you hate your job and suck at working under pressure
>>
>>7684959

"unisex" bathrooms is just a cheap way to for broke fucks to get out of having one for each which is completely different that suggesting to have a mens, womans and tranny pisser.
>>
>>7684963
Thats cool man. >>7684968
this guy is right. I quit going to school once I had a handle on things.
>>
>>7684970

nop. usually find them on college campuses and the like so that faggots and women don't start a riot.
>>
>>7684968

I have been doing it for a while. I learned most everything about food prep and cooking after I started. The whole fake it till you make it shit works. The pay is garbage though
>>
>>7684981

yep. pay is shit and spending tens of thousands on culinary school to get a $1 raise is probably a bad investment unless you are in it for the lonnnggggg haul.

if you stick around long enough to get a salaried job you are probably going to end up working 70-80 hours a week and actually bring home less an hour than the line cooks.

shit job but it pays the bills while you train to do something else or finish your degree
>>
>>7684456
The border to a better (read: ANY OTHER) state.

Seriously though, Bojangles is amazing.
>>
>>7684456
it was okay i guess, i still prefer popeyes.
>>
>>7684875

he fell for the jew media convincing the rest of the country that hb2 is actually being talked about in NC meme
>>
chunkyschicken.com/

Best chicken in the region
>>
>>7684968

>trying to convince people who sought trade school 3 months after they graduated high school to take a step back and look at the bigger picture
>>
/New Bern/ here.

We just got a Popeye's last year. I was genuinely excited about fast-food shrimp. Shit was a complete letdown.

Bojangles is OK but boring AF.

Cookout milkshakes are God.

We got a Chipotle last year too. The meme was cool for a few months until we learned we're also getting a superior Moe's soon.'

New Bern has been completely 3rd world since Hardee's left years ago.
>>
>>7684456
We had one here in Sanford, FL for a while, closed suddenly a couple months ago. I loved the place, shame it's gone.
>>
>>7684456
Hello Joe H.
How's it going?
>>
>>7684508
/cary/ reporting

so many good places to eat within 20 minutes holy shit
>>
>>7684456
Newlands.
Can we talk, Joe?
>>
>>7685837
Charlotte here, we got a Popeyes like last year too. Complete disappointment, their biscuits can't even begin to compare to Bojangles, the rest of their sides are shit, and Bojangles has the objectively superior chicken.
>>
>>7685848
>>7685868
The little faggot's gone quiet now, hasn't he?
>ayy lamao
>>
Pinehurst #2
>>
>>7685837
You guys don't have a Captain D's? They've always had shrimp, most of their menu is complete shit, though I like their fries.
>>
I'm from the midwest and when I was around NC it was nice finding places that served chicken for breakfast. I don't get why it's not offered more where I live, sausage and bacon is ok but not chicken? Chicken biscuits were great
>>
Cheerwine and actual fucking barbeque
>>
>>7685867
Whats some of your favorites?
>>
>>7686236
Buku, Brasa, Yuri, Oro, Big Easy, Cowfish

just off the top of my head
>>
>>7686250
Have you ever tried Herons or Ān? I can't wait to but haven't found the time.
>>
File: lost hope.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
lost hope.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>7686250
>>7686269

>girlfriend from cary
>family rich as fuck
>ask her if she has heard of/been to any of these places
>heard of some of them
>been to none of them
>i usually just go to chilis

she said we should go to Brasa though. guess thats a start.
>>
>>7686269
I havent been to either. Never even heard of An, either. Where is it?

>>7686291
Brasa can hit your wallet, be prepared for $100 per person if you're drinking. But it is SO fucking good and you will have to tell them to stop bringing you food.
>>
>>7686317

>all you can eat steakhouse
>paying for drinks to fill up on

nah man ill have a few sips of water while i binge eat meat

probably like $50/plate without the drinks?
>>
>>7686328
you want the 'gold' dinner package which is $42

all you can eat meat carved at the table + their buffet of random things
>>
>>7684456
Greenville NC reporting in
>>
>>7685837
who are you
you my people
>>
File: smithfield chicken n bbq.jpg (168 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
smithfield chicken n bbq.jpg
168 KB, 480x640
>>7684456

>ctrl-f
>no results for Smithfield's

shame on you all. It's far superior to Bojangles.
>>
>>7686540
this nigga know where the bird is at
>>
>>7684633
Wait. Guys want to go into girls restrooms? Really?
>>
>>7686575
They feel like if they can't go into the restroom for their chosen gender, they're being discriminated against. I mean, there's no one to really enforce the law, so if you can pass as a girl, and act like a decent human being, there's not really that much of a big deal to be made over it. Of course Tumblr and other SJWs have blown the entire issue out of proportion, when really, it's only the degenerate perverts who are so desperate to get into the women's restroom under the guise of being a transvestite. Also, unisex bathrooms are still a thing.
>>
>>7686540

It's good chicken but their staff is almost 100% mentally retarded. They're always total assholes and don't realize it.
>>
>>7684508

/raleigh/ here. Work in marketing.
>>
>>7686540

chicken's good. sauce sucks.

/lexington/ fag here
>>
>>7687869

Just take the bottle of ketchup on the table and squirt it into the sauce bottle and shake it up a bit.

There ya go.
>>
>>7687999
That sounds disgusting.
>>
File: 139958557856.png (489 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
139958557856.png
489 KB, 640x480
>>7684456
Chicken fil a breakfast biscuit is ten times better than your nigger infested greasy musty bodjangos
>>
>>7684777
>gender neutral bathroom

lol lets redo all the plumbing in every single building required to have a bathroom.
lets force businesses already trying to use every square inch of property to sell their products or services, to accommodate the physiologically confused

>Doctor: Congratulations, the baby is fine.
>Random Scrub Woman: Is it a boy or girl doc, tell me?
>Doctor: I can't make that call. We'll have to wait for it to decide for itself depending on what toys you buy it.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.