[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a complete retard when it comes to cooking. With that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: besh_horizontal2.0[1].jpg (138 KB, 1310x737) Image search: [Google]
besh_horizontal2.0[1].jpg
138 KB, 1310x737
I'm a complete retard when it comes to cooking. With that said...

I see a lot of cooking tutorials/whatnot with most, if not all the ingredients laid out on separate dishes. Is this just for show or should I actually use this method?
>>
>>7682610
You think that motherfucker does his own washing up? Use your brain anon
>>
>>7682610
Depends on the dish. It definitely makes the actual process of cooking faster, but the prep time and cleanup go up. It's mostly for show, but hey, you do you.
>>
>>7682610
>>7682615
mise en place is important
>>
>>7682610
>Is this just for show or should I actually use this method?

A lot of that is for show so you can clearly see what the cooks are doing on TV.

That said, having your food prepped like that is very useful it not required for certain dishes. For example, if you're making a stir-fry the cooking process is very short. You need to have all your ingredients already prepped before you begin because there's no time to do that during the actual cooking process.

On the other hand if you're making something that takes a while to cook there's not much of a point in prepping everything in advance & placing ingredients in separate containers.
>>
>>7682615
I know, but whenever I try to prepare something it just seems so overwhelming juggling everything at once. I don't know whether it's something that comes with experience or something, but I've been wondering about how others do it.
>>
>>7682624
Sounds like you should try doing meme en place cooking. You don't have to keep everything separate like in the cooking shows, but plan ahead and if the recipe tells you to add a bunch of stuff at once, go ahead and put that all together in a container.
>>
>>7682624

Start out by doing all your prep work in advance, then once that's done do the actual cooking.

Once you get more experience then you will figure out what kind of things you can do during the cooking process.
>>
>>7682624

Let me guess, you're a woman?

If so, it's not your fault. You were born inferior.

If you're a man, please don't reproduce. The first 4 words of your post ring very true anon.
>>
File: imma shark.gif (16 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
imma shark.gif
16 KB, 125x125
>>7682646
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7682655

If someone says something about you, and it hurts your feeling, it is because part of you knows it's true.

So which one is it? You a woman or a retard?
>>
>>7682661
>projecting this hard
>>
File: you.jpg (96 KB, 1300x927) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
96 KB, 1300x927
>>7682667
>>
>>7682624
I guess you just plan it out in your head before hand. Usually I find that I can just chop or prepare ingredients and add them to the dish without needing a dish. Other times you want to set something aside, prepare it in advance or refrigerate it so you need dishes
That's what I mean by use your brain. Personally I wash up as I go but I have limited space so I don't want to dirty more dishes than I need

Recently I cooked burgers with my kid and I put all the ingredients in separate dishes because it's more fun him that way to choose his toppings and I'm a soft dad
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.