[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it weird to eat alone? I don't like being bothered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: Eating Alone.jpg (150 KB, 510x339) Image search: [Google]
Eating Alone.jpg
150 KB, 510x339
Is it weird to eat alone?

I don't like being bothered while I eat but I also don't want to look weird when I eat alone.

I usually get my food to go and drive home so I can eat in peace. I even do this at work and lose an extra hour off my pay just so nobody sees me eating.

How do you eat alone?
>>
I eat alone often. I prefer it. I find a place to sit, and then I eat. I often go to restaurants alone as well. I have sushi or mexican food or whatever, and I just sit there and eat.
>>
I eat a large enough breakfast that I don't have to eat at work.
>>
>>7680223
>Is it weird to eat alone?
No.

> I also don't want to look weird when I eat alone.
Nobody cares. You're worrying about nothing.

>How do you eat alone?
I go to a restaurant. Order. Eat. Pay. Leave.
>>
>>7680223
Don't you have friends to eat with?
>>
Nobody gives a shit. I've worked in a restaurant and a good chunk of our customers, especially during lunch hours, were there alone. Again, nobody cared. Maybe it's different in other cultures but I doubt it would be the case in most of place by what I've gathered in travel.
>>
>>7680232
i have no friends but i worry about what people will think of me
>>
>>7680258
They don't. That's why you have no friends.
>>
>>7680264
no i don't like talking to people outside the internet. a few people have tried to reach out to me and make me their friend. i kind of walk away from these situations. i also don't like when a restaurant employee tries to be nice or spark up a conversation with me. if that happens, i'll start going through the drive-thru at a restaurant for a few weeks in hopes she isn't working there or quits or gets fired. i hate being reseen.
>>
>>7680258
Why do you care so much about what they think? Not like their opinion matters. You are stressing yourself over a non-problem.
>>
>>7680223
I used to eat alone all the time including a majority of the people i worked with. ITS NORMAL YOU AUTISTIC FUCK.

i dont eat alone anymore because im a raging homo and am married
>>
weird as shit thread
>>
>>7680273
Are you me?

Where are you from friendo?
>>
>>7681563
4chan
>>
I have a significant other, but we don't live together and I often eat alone, I am not sure who I'd actually eat with, I'm not really fully in college right now, so I have no reason to be at the school on off times, I just go out or stay in and watch youtube/listen to podcasts while eating
>>
>>7681563
Austin TX
>>
>>7680223
I prefer to eat only alone, at home, at pc, like an animal
>>
I just made fun of people like you this very morning -"nyuhhh people are gonna see me eat and they're gonna think shit about me" - I'm at a restaurant eating before I have work in a hour

Here's a protip: Pretend you're an ant
>>
>>7680258
Your making yourself believe there's an issue where there's no issue, next time you buy food out, find a nice spot alone that let's you see into the land surrounding that area, should give you something els to think about beyond the people around you.
>>
>>7680239
Kek, not true at all. I've been a waiter and busboy in many restaurants and the staff always makes fun of losers eating alone. Of course, the staff has nothing but pure hatred for every single customer regardless and talks shit about them all so it's not reaĺly any different.
>>
>>7680223
>How do you eat alone?
I get my food, and I sit down a little ways away from anyone else, and I eat. I do it at work because I'm on break. I only get half an hour, so I want to eat/game on my phone/read the paper in peace.

I'm friendly with people, so I'll nod and greet them when they come by. Otherwise, everyone else just wants to eat their breakfast in relative peace as well.

But then, this is britain, where it's impolite to badger people while they're eating.
>>
>>7680231
this
>>
>>7680223

Bro, if you want to go out to a restaurant, go by yourself. There's no shame in it, if you prefer to eat alone and
do your own thing you should. I go out to eat by myself at least once a month. I'll read a book, have a few beers
or a glass of wine and take my time. Fuck the haters man.
>>
>>7680231

this again
>>
>>7680273

That is some advanced form of autism.
>>
>>7682726

But what if people are secretly judging the size of my thorax? They'll smell my pheromones.
>>
>>7681615
Cool beans. Oregon college cu/ck/ here. I literally alternate between 3 Dairy Queens at different times of the day just so I don't have to maintain any sort of relationship with the staff. But I don't mind going to a sit down restaurant alone and striking up conversation with the waiters. A lot of them say it's admirable I'll go out alone somewhere and be so confident. It's probably because I definitely don't look like the type to enjoy spending time alone. (Not trying to ego stroke, it just happens when I go out a lot) I'm not sure how it is in Texas, but most people in Oregon are extremely liberal and naturally unfriendly so it's not so unusual to be eating alone. But I couldn't really give a fuck what other people think.
>>
>>7680223
Why the fuck is everyone on 4chan convinced that they're being constantly watched and judged in public? Are you all paranoid schizophrenics?
>>
>>7683450
Spotlight effect and being raised as part of the participation generation. People born after 1990 are genetically engineered to believe they are important in the world and that people outside of their immediate family and 1-2 close friends give a fuck about them. Blame it on Instagram and the instant gratification from likes and collecting friends like Pokemon.
>>
>>7683450
I can't speak for the rest of these cu/ck/s, but I'm schizophrenic. I just thought everyone felt like people were watching them
>>
>>7683489
You're probably born in 1985 you cringeworthy homo
>>
>everyone eats together in the office
>finish in 15 minutes
>have to sit around for another 45 to socialize

REEEEEEEEEE I WANNA GO BACK TO WORK
>>
>>7683532
Nope, '97 here; I just hate the attitude of my contemporaries. Nobody is entitled to attention or anything really for that matter. Except for you, you're entitled to fuck the fuck off and go back to jerking off to gifs of bouncing cheesecake.
>>
>>7683585
So you're just an oblivious fedora tipping aspie

You are so fucking pathetic
>>
>>7683527

paranoid delusional here

I feel the same way.
>>
>>7683593
Nope, absolute normie here. I'm allowed to have an opinion of my peers, I never said I don't carry some similar notions. I just said I don't like the direction everyone's heading. Call me crazy, but I think it's a little more pathetic to be having an argument with a teenager on an image board dedicated to food. I didn't mean to crush your glowing world view. Though from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like you're capable of acclamating yourself to the outside world, getting triggered when someone has any remote dissension in opinion. You might want to empty your shit bucket now, I can almost smell through my computer screen.
>>
i´m still in college because it took me a little longer so everyone who started with me in my 1st semester already dropped out or graduated (except for two or three other people i see from time time on campus). will graduate this year but for the last few and the next three of four months i always eat alone. i don´t think many people care since there´s always a bunch of people eating alone in the dining hall.
although, i remember eating with a group of people while in first or second semester and one girl from our group commented that it always made her sad when she saw people eating alone
>>
>>7683549

>worked at a golf course over the summers a few yeas ago
>all the workers were derp blue collor guys
>everyone met in the warehouse for lunch
>nothing to talk about
>boss was there too
>always went to mcdonalds or home for lunch ever since
>>
>>7683450
People who behave awkwardly really are constantly being watched and judged in public. You've never noticed them? I notice them immediately. And I judge them harshly. They stand out in a crowd of people who know how to behave normally.
>>
>>7680223
Eating is a necessity. I've ate alone many times over the years, and have witnessed many others eating alone, it's not a big deal.

I think it is weirder to sit in your car and eat in a parking lot, and most weird to go watch a movie alone in a theatre.
>>
>>7683532
I was born in 85 and this man speaks the truth
>>
>>7684199
It's not so much the situation but how you react to it, you're right. I used to go in this bar once it twice a week to eat lunch and drink a few beers by myself and chat up the bartender, maybe shoot the shit with some old timers that came in with nothing else to do with their day. All the waitresses and bartenders knew my name after a couple months and would pour me my beer as soon as I walked in, not socially awkward at all. Had I acted like a permavirgin I doubt it would have went like that for me.
>>
>>7680223
>Is it weird to eat alone?
I keep seeing threads about people worrying whether things are or aren't weird. This shit only matters in high school. People don't give a shit what you do as long as it doesn't interfere with what they do.
>>
>>7680223
I am an avid reader I eat and read. Annoying part is I always get hit on when I read and eat instead of just eating with my bitch face.
>>
>>7684515
That's a relief. I really enjoy going to cafes and scooping up my soup with my hands to lick it up as it drips back into the bowl, but recently I've been worrying that people have been giving me strange looks because of it. Thanks for the reassurance, anon.
>>
>>7684526

>went to doctors today
>waiting in lobby
>black girl walks in and goes to receptionist
>IM HERE FOR MY UTI
>ALSO MY NECK HURTS
>leans over window pointing at her neck to the receptionist
>I NEED SOME PAIN MEDICINE FOR MY NECK

sometimes i wish i could go through life totally blissfully ignorant
>>
>>7680223
I have binge eating disorder and feel like a hog whenever I eat in public, I just eat too fast.
>>
>>7680223

since most places offer take out, i typically do this over eating alone in public. if there's a bar/counter then its alright, but i'd normally not go somewhere with a waiter and ask for a "table for one"

in conclusion, eat at the bar and its not weird. that's half the reason restaurants have physical bars
>>
>>7683549
Haha so this
I usually fuck off after 15 minutes and have a walk
>>
Some people will judge. Some won't. It's also dependent upon a few aspects, like age.
>>
>>7680223
I eat alone all the time. The only restaurant it feels weird at is Korean bbq or Chinese dim sum because Asians go around of groups of 20 and they're whole setup is geared for that
>>
Its really only weird if youre in some family casual shithole like dennys. Anything nicer or crappier and nobody will bat an eye
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.