[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this isn't Burger King. You can't have it your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Burger_king_logo_2.png (107 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Burger_king_logo_2.png
107 KB, 2000x2000
>this isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way

Their slogan has become so ubiquitous, that it's spawned its own anti-slogan/figure of speech, but why is "having it your way" so special? Every fast food restaurant accommodates to requests like no pickles or extra sauce.
>>
>>7679084
burger king was the first back in the day to let you custom order fast food
>>
>>7679084
Because us eliquent people in burgerland are so prestigious (in all tax brackets mind you) that we will scoff at even the slightest of errors just to be able to complain about it. Because as we know here, a complaint = free stuff/money. You step on my big toe? You owe me $50k for emotional damages to my toe's feelings.
>>
File: 1461900903093.png (61 KB, 581x584) Image search: [Google]
1461900903093.png
61 KB, 581x584
We all agree if a chef makes you something, you enjoy it as-is, right? And if you don't like something the chef cooked with love, you're a faggot.
>>
>>7679084
>slogan
A slogan is not a statement of fact or uniqueness. This particular slogan is engineered to conjure mental imagery of happy, smiling employees catering to your every desire and toiling to ensure you are satisfied so that you will spend your money with their company.

As you've so astutely discovered, this isn't true and doesn't grant you magical abilities to get whatever your spoiled fucking brat heart desires.

This concept is known as marketing, welcome to adulthood.
>>
>>7679128
Well, if I don't like onions and the chef makes Onion a la Onion, it doesn't matter how much heart and soul he put in to it.
>>
>>7680132
Right, because you'd be a faggot.
>>
>>7680142
I don't browse /fit/.
>>
File: tripleM.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
tripleM.gif
3 MB, 200x150
those rodeo burgers though, so good
>>
>>7679128
But i'n allergic to raw tomatoes
>>
>>7679090

Basically this. Back in the day when BK started out, if you said "no onions" your answer was basically a polite form of "tough shit"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.