[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some tasty and easy meals you can make yourself and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: bean-burrito.jpg (72 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
bean-burrito.jpg
72 KB, 500x333
What are some tasty and easy meals you can make yourself and then freeze for later? I've been having good success with freezing my own burritos.
>>
>>7677652
What's your burrito recipes?
I freeze stuff but mostly it's ingredients. Would like to freeze meals but I don't know what would work well.
>>
>>7677652
Dumplings. Steam them then freeze.
When you recook, fry them. Ez
>>
>>7677705
why wouldn't you just freeze them raw and then thaw and fry
>>
>>7677713
if you steam them for a minute or two the dough holds up better in the freezer
>>
Stuffed pasta shells are good for baking.
>>
>>7677746
Second That , I always make a huge batch and there a great last minute dinner when you forgot to get something out a minute or two in microwave then sauce and bake
>>
What's the best way of freezing egg rolls?
>>
Freezer friendly meals:

Quiche
Lasagne
Enchiladas
Chili
Shepherds Pie
Baked Ziti
Meat fillings, like shredded chicken, taco meat, pre-cooked and seasoned ground beef for casseroles, meat pies, etc.
Breakfast burritos
Chicken Pot Pie
>>
>>7677746
Anyone want to post a stuffed shell recipe for me to try?
>>
Curries freeze well and are easy to produce in bulk.
>>
>>7679015
>Shepherds Pie

Holy fuck I haven't had that in years and now and need some. Have a good recipe anon?
>>
>>7677652
OP, how are you freezing them? Individual wrap?
>>
>>7682135
Not op but wrap them individually in your choice material (plastic wrap, aluminum, even parchment paper) and then place them all in a plastic freezer bag together.
>>
>>7682274
Thanks.

I'd think a quick nuke could make these an easy snack/meal. Perhaps parchment is the way to go (nuke them right in it).
>>
Box mac and cheese mixed with extra cheddar and ground sausage.

You can use 4 boxes and make 8 lunches for $10.
>>
>>7677652

Burritos are good. I've also done big batches of chili and curries and frozen them in a bunch of small containers. Curry is especially good since you can make a bunch of base sauce and make slight adjustments throughout the week to get a variety of dishes so you don't get bored eating the same thing for lunch every day.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.