[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Showdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: burrito_vs_taco.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
burrito_vs_taco.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
Who wins?

Pick a winner and post your own showdowns
>>
>>7675013
I prefer the folded sandwich over the rolled sandwich, one less step.
>>
>>7675013
burrito is the patrician choice.
>>
>>7675013
Burrito, I can never keep the filling inside a taco when I bite it.
>>
Burritos for children.
Tacos for adults.
>>
>>7675013
I prefer tacos. Burritos seem excessive to me - just too much food for one thing. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I were a fatass, an athlete or a construction worker, but I'll take tacos every time. Also not a fan of dairy in my Mexican food, and burritos frequently come with cheese and sour cream, whereas many tacos do not. Point tacos.
>>
>>7675459
Spoken like a wero.
>>
>>7675013
i like dumping the ingredients into a bowl and ripping tortillas in have and scooping up the ingredients by hand
like a pseudo ethipian/middle eastern trick
>>
>>7675475
Well Mexican is just appropriated and brown washed middle Eastern food, so nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>7675013
Burrito is easier to stuff down the gullet
>>
>>7675573
Spoken like a mohow.
>>
File: dis gon be good den a mufucka.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dis gon be good den a mufucka.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>7675573
>>
>>7675013
As an oldfag Bong, this has me confused.

I was introduced to Tacos in the late 1970's and only experienced the 'hard-shell' version . . . .I thought it was extremely messy and a pointless exercise.

Burritos made a lot more sense to me.

Of course, years down the line, I realised that Hard-shell tacos aren't the norm and I gave way a little.

Mexican food, although well liked in England, isn't as popular as it is in the USA, maybe because we have a multitude of other options available or maybe not enough Mexicans to get it established?

The only advantage I can see that a soft-shell taco has, is that you can eat it in a few mouthfuls and carry on with what ever it is you are doing . .. .A burrito ties you up until you have finished, if you get what I mean?
>>
>>7675629
The burrito as sold in most US places is the typical American excess applied to Mexican food. It's good in the same way American lasagne, General Tso's chicken or a double cheeseburger is good - a big blast of tasty excess, but a poor choice for an everyday meal because it's just so fucking over the top.

Tacos are more restrained - corn tortillas, some seasoned meat, onion and cilantro with a squeeze of lime and often radishes and sliced cucumber (and sometimes a grilled green onion) on the side. More of a delicious everyday kind of food - fresher tasting and much less likely to leave you feeling weighted down.
>>
Burrito all day.

You can have good and bad versions of both, but they're basically the exact same thing in two different forms.

The only real difference is that burritos are typically flour tortillas, and though I prefer corn, I like having one big wrap rather than a few small messy bites.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.