[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or does the top part of scallions taste and smell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Is it just me or does the top part of scallions taste and smell different from the bottom section?
>>
Ever wondered why some recipes ask for "X scallions (green part only)"?
>>
>>7667744
They taste different. They arent as strong and they are good garnish
>>
>>7667742
What the fuck is a "scallion"?
>>
>>7667750

the correct name for OPs picture which you probably incorrectly call a "green onion"
>>
>>7667742
maybe you haven't noticed it.. but one part is green and the other white... so what do you think the "green" is ?
ever noticed that the green part of a salat taste different then the yellow/light green part?
or that green asparagus tast different then white ones?
>>
>>7667750
I think it's a spring onion uk
>>
>>7667775
Good god the arrogance of you people is astounding.
>>
File: 1458746364928.jpg (281 KB, 832x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458746364928.jpg
281 KB, 832x1280
>>7667945

>i call things the wrong name
>if you correct me you are a douchebag
>>
>>7667957
This is why the world hates Americans, your attitude stinks.
>>
>>7667742
That's very perceptive of you anon. Here's one free gbp.
>>
>>7667981
nah you're just jealous
how do you have internet in the third world anyway?
>>
>>7667742
Liberal bullshit. So-called whine "experts" can't even tell red wine from white wine. Just fucking kill yourself, holy shit.
>>
>>7667775
It's called 葱 you filthy pleb.
>>
>>7667775
Scallion-faggots are the absolute worst.
>>
>>7667750
it's like a rapscallion but less gangster.
>>
negi
>>
>>7667981
Lol you reek of jealousy anon, it isn't very becoming of you.
>>
>>7667775
"Green onion" is a correct name. There are many correct names for this vegetable. The only thing that bothers me is when people call them "leeks." Leeks are a different plant altogether.
>>
>>7668540
Not him but literally what is the difference. Held both of them at the market today and they look/smell/feel the same. One was package one was wrapped in batches..
>>
>>7667742
of course it does you fool
>>
>>7668540
>>7668620
A leek is basically an oversized scallion, but with more sand inside of it
>>
>>7668647
>sand
Pls explain.
>>
>>7668655
Leeks and scallions grow underground up to the dark green parts. All the sand trickles in from above into the leek, but the scallion is usually too small and densely packed for that to happen. You're supposed to cut leeks lengthwise to clean the interior
>>
>>7668666
Oh also the scallion is closed of course since the green parts are cylinders, unless it's bruised
>>
>>7667981
Rather my attitude stink than my filthy encrusted body. Shower you stinky fucks.
>>
>>7667775
Us Brits actually call them Spring Onions!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.