[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we stop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 15
File: alcoholic1.jpg (14 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic1.jpg
14 KB, 600x434
Why can't we stop?
>>
59 days
>>
>>7664192
Quitting is easy. It's staying quit that's hard.
>>
>>7664220
You can't get comfortable and complacent and think
>hurr I've made it a month, I can have a drink tonight
We all goddamn know what that turns into. Within the week, you'll be calling in to work to hammer plastic bottle vodka
>>
>>7664197
I bet your friends hate you now xD
>>
>>7664242
My best friend is an alcoholic as well. It's getting harder and harder to hang out with him because I get frustrated that he's drunk and just "out of it" all the time. But, I guess that's how everyone else has felt about me for the last ten years
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIagG3tD740&feature=youtu.be&t=1h30m10s
>>
File: WIN_20160511_14_06_41_Pro.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160511_14_06_41_Pro.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1080
heres a pic of me last night after a whole bottle of vodka

i woke up on the couch this morning without really knowing how i ended up there, had a v peaceful sleep tho

right now im 5 beers in because i just cant deal with the hangover anxiety
>>
>>7664290
Hey, I'd become an alcoholic too if I had to live with a Windows Phone
>>
>>7664192
>Why can't we stop?

because you haven't killed somebody with your car yet or you haven't killed yourself by destroying your liver

next!
>>
>>7664290
who decorated your house, your mom?
>>
>>7664315
its a laptop pic

>>7664320
yes, my lovely mummy did ^_^

good day to everyone, i wish you a merry drunkenness :) have one on me
>>
>>7664192
Because it's an addictive substance that we're genetically predisposed to enjoy.

We've got into a cycle of drinking, depression, hangover and more drink

Also this >>7664220
>>
>>7664192
Speak for yourself, 10+ years of daily drinking, now I have one night a month to have two drinks. Feels Dan Conner, man.
>>
>>7664192
because shitposting is life
>>
>>7664192
I've been logging my habits into an excel sheet for about a month now. 2/3 of the days say 20+ drinks.

Should probably tone it down. A lot.
>>
>>7664335
>genetically disposed
>not just a weak willed degenerate
>>
Do you anons ever hear of a moderation or harm reduction program? I recommend looking into it at least, if you are worried about yourself. You can just google harm reduction alcohol or something.

it can be helpful, especially if you are a person that feels like 12-step programs are too rigid or religious or don't want to stop drinking or label yourself as a sick person etc etc.
>>
File: 1463022079152.jpg (38 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1463022079152.jpg
38 KB, 447x444
>>7664290
fucking lightweight
>>
first night of not drinking 5 beers a night in 8 months what am I in for?
>>
>>7664192
>we
And you can.
>>
>>7664972
No or shitty sleep, maybe sweats.
>>
>>7664192
>Why can't we stop?

It's the one part of my life I look forward to and enjoy. Why would I want to stop? Seriously.
>>
>>7664972

Boredom as if you were on an alien world. Severe boredom. Emptiness.
>>
>>7664253
stay strong anon ;_;
>>
Booze sometimes greatly improves things. It is like spinach for Popeye! It makes work easy and problems seem solvable so you stick with it,

Then it makes not doing simple things (like properly cleaning your ass and teeth and going to work) seem too hard. So you stick with it.

Then you run out of money and get super sick... like having the flu, but a flu you know how to cure. At that point, the only thing that feels good is sleep or drinking until you pass out. So, you stick with it.

Eventually you quit. By then you are so depleted of dopamine that you feel nothing. This is when you get anxious and start having suicidal thoughts because sleep seems to be the only release now that booze does not work.

Stick with it. Don't test if you can drink responsibly. You can't. Responsible drinking is a waste of drinking!

If these thoughts sound familiar, you can not drink or die. Either way, stick with it.
>>
>>7664290

I know this is bait but I'm gonna take it because you managed to piss in my pot. That's just a picture of a fag, nothing about him looks like an alcoholic, seriously these threads always have one or two little attention whores who think they're alcoholic because they drink 4 beers every day, trust me - when you've become an alcoholic you'll know, you'll start seeing demons in your eyelids when you can't sleep and think about suicide when you're sober.
>>
>>7665023
...damn...
>>
>>7665023
Yes stick with it!
>>
>>7665089
Fellow friend in the understanding. What have you learned as an alternative? Long term abstaining does not work. Shit is too easy to come by. The condition is fatal. So far as I can tell, the best long term strategy is benders broken up by periods when you want to die.
>>
>>7665138
What about slowly tapering yourself off. I cant sleep without 4 shots of rum and melatonin
>>
File: boozahol.jpg (27 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
boozahol.jpg
27 KB, 620x413
>>7664290
>after a whole bottle of vodka

dude, I'm surprised you're still breathing

a whole bottle?!?!?
you're a frigging animal!
>>
>>7664192
so about two years ago, i had to drop out of uni bc of drinking

got sober, worked a bit, came back

Im almost graduating but Ive been on a tfive week binge with no end in sight.
This could actually keep me from graduating

why do we do this to ourselves
>>
>>7665267
The taper builds back up as soon as you feel you have earned a reward.

As far as a whole bottle of vodka being a lot... It's not. I can drink and fully process just under 2 liters of vodka in 24 hours, get up and work.

The reason we drink is to give us the excuse of control. Drinking gives us some small amount of control over how we feel. Being drunk gives us the excuse to stay home and be safe because we are too drunk to do anything else... so we stay home and drink to be responsible.

Sound familiar?
>>
>>7665320
I was lucky to go to a big 10 school and get a degree. But at the same time I really feel I only picked up being an alcohol in college and that was 8 years ago. Drink liquor every day.
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. It's just a fucked thing altogether and I hope you can make it.
>>
if you are intelligent and have willpower, i'd suggest cannabis. i say intelligent because you will then find things interesting and reflective enough to use your high for insight, and i say will power because you will want to smoke only once or twice a week.

i wasn't as bad an alcoholic as im sure many of you are, but changing to cannabis and using your "non-sober" mindset for insight will improve your sober time as well. this is something i have never really found with booze; instead of giving me something i could take back into my sober life and make the world seem more interesting and cooperative, booze would just make things funny and easy to deal with for a time (leaving me to want more, right now, once i was sober again).
>>
>>7664192
A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N
>>
>>7665403
Weed is just an existential nightmare for me and one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my entire life. I can only take like a hit of it even after smoking more times and a lot than I can remember. It just can't make that shit work for me. At the very worst I felt depersonalization and derealization to a degree, it was so bad. I think I probably kept drinking so hard to try to forget that.
>>
>>7665411
There's no such thing as addiction, only things you like doing more than living. If you're an alcoholic it's because your life is fucked up and you don't like it, so you drink to escape it. Would do society a favour if you just manned up and just kill yourself to be honest.
>>
>>7665416

its intriguing you say that because i was exactly the same way. for many, many years i'd have anxiety, feelings of doom and dread, and sadness after smoking. i chose alcohol then, and it was all fun and games til i went and injured myself from drinking way too much. quit the booze and now i only smoke a few tiny snaps of weed every 5 days to a week. though i sometimes get the anxiety back, i use it as a psychic trial and then get an enjoyable high once i've defeated it, and then i can feel more in control of my thoughts in my sobriety since i have ever increasing domination over the reins of my mind.
>>
>>7665438
>then i can feel more in control of my thoughts in my sobriety since i have ever increasing domination over the reins of my mind.
I've heard my other friends say this about things like mushrooms and whatever else. But it's just after the effect that simply marijuana had on me I don't want to do anything other than drink or stop drinking. What's funny is literally everyone I know and talk to to this day, great friendships and everything, they've all done psychedelics and or hard drugs in the past and present in one case. I don't do anything but drink and smoke cigarettes. One of my biggest fears in life was getting mentally fucked up somehow, and yet I still ended up with a degree of depression and everything, and it's not lost on me that that is part of the drinking, but still. I just can't feel that comfortable as everyone else I know experimenting with things like that.
>>
I can tho

I just don't want to
>>
>>7665455

it's good to be cautious with psychedelics, and to only take them when you're ready, if ever. over time, you could gradually work up your confidence by reading/listening to psychedelically influenced philosophy (terence mckenna is a good start). mushrooms aren't that much like cannabis, but a bad trip is possible with the wrong set and setting.

bad trips pass though, humans have been taking psychedelics for ages, and people don't lose their minds unless you take acid daily or something ridiculous like that.

or you could just meditate and fast for hours upon hours if not days and confront your thoughts explicitly, rationally, emotively, and with superhuman self-honesty, but very few people can do that right off the bat (and certainly not with a drug problem) save for sages, prophets, and seers.
>>
>>7665432
Interesting supposition, you fucking sick stupid prick,

I am an alcoholic largely due to working very successfully with violent disabled kids for two decades. I have done far more to benefit the world than you have.

You should feel bad and shut your ignorant rotted mouth; you bitter, self serving, stupid small dicked, ugly moron.
>>
sorry... just being honest.
>>
>>7665478
I'll take that to heart, but I don't think I'll be trying anything else anytime soon to say the least. I know it would ultimately be better if I quit drinking, but the thought of quitting forever is just so ridiculous to me that I know I won't do it. At least forseeably. And the thing is you can't quit if you don't want to and I know that I don't want to. Anyway I'm just lucky I'm in a position where I'm not in any financial or personal trouble, so it is what it is for now. Glad you found out a nice thing that works for you man, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>7665479
>responding to bait
>>
Spitting back bate with sauce on it.
>>
>>7665089
>you'll start seeing demons in your eyelids when you can't sleep and think about suicide when you're sober.
pretty much, these boxes i can tick

you're not some exclusive club you know

alcohol is very easy to get addicted to
>>
it is somewhat easy to beat too friends. We just have to stay away from booze long enough so our brains start working in equilibrium again. It is doable, but it is hard when there are no highs and lows and sometimes you miss both.
>>
it takes about... however long it takes. I go about a week then go on a bender. I am not free of it yet, but I am hopeful.
>>
>>7664220
fuck I kek'd hard
>>
who /drunkasfuckhere/

post feelsome tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwc8jrD1XyI
>>
>>7664290
>had a v peaceful sleep tho
this is my biggest problem with drinking hard. I am one of the "period alcoholics" who drinks hard for a few weeks or months and then I drink in moderation for a good while. my problem with drinking big is I can't get a fucking good nights sleep at all, I just keep waking up so dehydrated I have to drink a litre of water, then I wake up a couple of hours after that having to piss, repeat.
>>
>>7665359
Not the anon you responded to but I can definitely relate, at my worst I was killing a bottle of vodka and a twelve pack a day.

I've slowed down a bit now, maybe 6-8 beers most nights, which is really quite good for me but it's still way too much for me to be comfortable with any more. Honestly if you smoke or used to smoke it, weed does help taper you down a bit, because sobriety dies seem crushing sometimes but weed helps to relieve some of that in a healthier way than drinking, at least for me it did.
>>
agreed, weed does help. I am the one you are responding to.

I think the long term goal is inner peace on the day to day basis, but with the ability to vent when needed, no? I am working on it. Weed is too inconsistent, and I don't know about you, but when I lay off it a while, it just makes me paranoid. Indica is worse, sativa is better.

I am trying to work out a balance where I can vent when I need to, and go on a bender when I need to. The main mitigating factor seems to be money, and making sure I do not need to drive while drunk.
>>
Quitting my job today, well probably today if I look drunk enough, I think im sober so I can probably fool my manager and go home early. (probably a bad idea seeing as i drank 1/2 a litre of vodka and a load of cider too)
Have to go to work in 3 hours.

>>7665770
this is kinda shit in my opinion desu sorry, i hate these hipstery bands so much

thish shit is dank though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48nakpWpYTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8qhZlsMKo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uggrc_rcpm0
>>
>>7665770

here's a better song w the same name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fILqqaYNOy4
>>
>>7665963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7rQvJgTQ9U
>>
20 y/o from scotland

travelling throughout usa for a month, this is the longest ive been sober literally since i was 14. i have a jawline you guys!!

still - i feel scared to go home. I hate my job and I come in every night and half the time sit hammering through a bottle of vodka. i'm about 2 weeks into my travels and I've only just got usedish to sleeping sober. been eating like absolute shit (bc america) and ive still lost like 10 lbs.
>>
>>7665990
this is a nice song, thanks man, I dont listen to much of that western style stuff but I love this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFSA8-pxrqc

If any of you are thinking of quitting alcohol or at least cutting down on your alcohol addiction try to move back in to living with your parents.
This seriously helped me, my mother being close to me and literally not letting me drink more than a couple cans of cider a day really helped me cut down on my drinking.
>>
>>7666026
Hello brother. Think you'd be better off staying? Won't get easier.
>>
>>7666026
Try to move back in with your parents when you come back, I'm sure they will be supportive of you
>>
>>7665770
you got shit taste my friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhSHUmJEATs
>>
>>7666057
Already live with em - how'd you think I could afford to travel for a month lolololol
>>
>>7665432
Oh lookie there, just cut myself on your edge m8
>>
I've finally reached the point where I've accepted my alcoholism, I used to fight it but now I realize that life just isn't enjoyable enough to stay sober
>>
>>7666072
downloading his discography from based rutracker desu
>>
>>7664192

I don't want to stop. I like feeling drunk.
>>
>>7666108
best albums (in order of chronology, not quality): Closing Time, Small Change, Rain Dogs, Bone Machine, Mule Variations, Bad As Me
the rest of his discography is great as well but these are the essentials
>>
2 months for me. Used to be an al/ck/ regular. Was drinking a fifth a day. Gained too much weight, felt like shit all the time, so I decided to quit on my own. No interventions, no AA.

I don't even crave the stuff. I mean... I do, but I'll stop at the thought of it and won't even bother getting into the car and heading to the liquor store.

I'm going to be honest, Donald trump inspired me to quit.
>>
>>7665799
>go on a bender when I need to
this is why some religions say it's okay to get drunk once in a while. as long as you don't overdo it, it won't physically harm you or cause long-term problems. it can help you feel good for a while.

just don't use alcohol as a coping mechanism for minor issues, i've noticed a lot of people will use anything as an excuse to drink. they get mad they drink, long day at work they drink, feeling lonely they drink, etc. you should only drink when you're happy. also don't get drunk and just watch movies or do other boring things, try to do something fun.
>>
>>7666129
Thanks, gonna take like 1 hour to download on my shit internet though (holy shit Rain Dogs is 52'nd on RateYourMusic alltime albums)
Give Coil a try if you havent heard of them though this song is dank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqMoCch2Nwk as is the whole album The Apes of Naples.
>>
I had 4 days. Was feeling so great I hit the gym on two consecutive days. Then my wife got into an argument about some bullshit and I didn't feel like sitting near her at home so I went to the pub down the street even tho I knew I didn't wanna have a drink.

6 beers later I'm laughing with the bartender who was also drinking and then he bought me a shot. Went to sleep on the couch, woke up to the wife pissed off and my head pounding this morning. Had a shitty day at work. Came home and found the fish I had in the fridge for dinner had spoiled. Mad triggering but I just want to sleep.

I found herbal tea helps tho. It's good to drink instead of booze and it doesn't keep you awake like coffee.
>>
There is no okay drinking. Alcoholics have been past that. You will never feel as on top and alive as you do when properly lit. Moderation is a waste when you could be wasted and without care. I call on you all to drink. DRINK!
>>
Steal pennies. Put denatured alcohol up your ass. DRINK! It is nearly past counter time. Do not pay bar prices DRINK!
>>
Just hit 6 months yesterday. Feels pretty good, my life has legitimately done a 180. Though the drinking was just the glue that held together the shitstorm that I was.

Not sure if I'll drink again.Part of me wants to, but I don't want to end up back where I was. Regardless, I'm not going to tonight, and that's enough for now.
>>
>>7666203
Why? is it too late? ayou could likely find something to drink. Extracts and hand sanatizer work.
>>
>>7665089
This whole "you're not an alcoholic because I'm worse than you" thing is a pretty shitty mentality to have. Worse to tell to someone else who recognizes they have a problem.
>>
>>7665479
Robert Jon, is that you?
>>
other people are the problem. just drink.
>>
>>7666225
not bob jon, but i bet id buy him a round!
>>
>>7666209
>hand sanatizer
that shit is gonna fuck you up, if you think being an alcoholic is bad for your health then you'd be amazed at how much damage drinking or sniffing hand sanitizer can do
>>
>>7666217
it's because retards think alcoholic is some badge of honour, and anyone who hasn't reached their level doesn't deserve the same ranking
>>
>>7666235
Thats why you put it on a napkin and put it up your ass..
>>
>>7666241
thats hot
>>
>>7666238
You're 100% right. Pretty sad honestly.
>>
It is spicy at first, but it gets rid of the shakes and lets you sleep.
>>
>>7666245
oh, are you sad? FUCK YOU! Sad is where you want to kill people that care for you you because they cant help you get more drunk.
>>
>>7666253
I know you're being ironic but damn that's some fine b8 m8
>>
>>7666149
keep it up friend. I get more hesitant every trip to the liquor store
>>
goddamnit why cant i just be drunk forever without having to worry about money or family
>>
>>7666350
I know your pain
>>
Why would you seriously want to stop? Life is a useless affair and we're all going to go back from whence we came into nothing, so why try to prolong it? Drinking makes this bullshit existence livable, and if it shortens our lifespan then that's just another argument for doing it.
>>
>>7666149
>I'm going to be honest, Donald trump inspired me to quit.

He is a hero, a sleeper cell for patriotism, America's greatest chance to defeat one world government or at least do damage to it
>>
>>7666154
But getting drunk when happy is such a bore. It isn't pleasurable at all unless you're in a self-indulgent funk.
>>
>>7664290
How can you repair with beer after a bottle of vodka? I am a alcoholic and I only use beer to chase vodka ..at best. Nah man, stick to vodka, one bottle a day.
>>
>>7664972
5 beers? Try 1-2 bottles of vodka per day. 5 beers a night is healthy.
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>7664192
Last weekend i hit a new low. I drank a pint of vodka a six pack and a bottle of wine..
>tfw i wet the bed at least 3 times as a slept
Its funny i had an alcoholic uncle who did this and thought of him as the biggest degenerate/loser of all time.. now here i am more than half his age..
>>
There's always hope

>>7666666
>>
>>7666641
Good job, congrats!
>>
>>7664972
boredom, restless sleep. as bad as it seems boredom is a blessing compared to severe alcohol withdrawal.
>>
Hmm.. Im almost 2 weeks clean. Was drinking 2 pints of vodka a day. Feels good to sleep again
>>
>>7666728
How were the first few days vivid dreams and sweatiness?
>>
>>7664192
32 days good luck
>>
>>7666743
Vivid dreams and dehydration for about a week.. Sweatiness, paranoia, heart palpitations, full body shakiness, depression, and mild visual and auditory hallucinations for the first 3 or 4 days. It wasn't very fun. But definitely worth it
>>
>>7666763
Right on, hopefully you don't slip. So easy to see it just as a few beers...

Always have "nightmares," sweatinesss, shakiness, low mood and etc the bouts I give up booze for a few days.
>>
When will all of you alcohols realize that nothing good comes out of habitually drinking? It makes you stupid, stunts your emotional growth, fries up your insides, causes you to lose motivation, and has horrible withdrawal symptoms. Not to mention the damage itndoes to your personal relationships. Wake the fuck up you fools
>>
>>7666641
It's not a competition.
>>
>>7666801
When I hit 25 I was emotionally underdeveloped, was of average intelligence, had been stuck in the same deadend job for long enough that I had lost all hope and motivation, and had no personal relationships to speak of. That's when I took up alcohol, and it may not have fixed any of these things, but at least the booze feels friendly and familiar. I think I'm better off than I would be otherwise.
>>
>>7666801

When will all of you sober people realize that nothing good comes out of habitually not drinking? It makes you stupid, stunts your emotional growth, fries up your insides with cheese, causes you to lose motivation, and has horrible intigration symptoms. Not to mention the damage it does to your personal relationships. Drink the fuck up you fools
>>
>>7666149
>Donald Trump

I dont drink as much since hes been doing so well with his campaign. I felt a tiny amount of hope. I feel like i drink a little just for celebration, not getting blackout drunk every weekend like I used to.
>>
>>7665385
thanks bud
today was the first light day in awhile

I can make it up!
>>
Friends, the only way to not be an alcoholic is to not drink... never. Your brain chemistry will eventually balance, but you cannot ever try to control it. You will always tip right back into excess. Just be aware of that. Make plans to allow for it and never ever kill yourself. Stick with it.
>>
>>7666857

>no relationships to speak of

Hasn't alcohol helped you meet people? For me personally every single girl I've ever slept with or dated I have always met while inebriated, I find that I can leave a better impression while drinking, I have a better sense of humor when I drink and people always think that I'm fun to be around but in reality it's the booze, the girl I'm seeing now I met while drinking cheap beer at my local bar.
>>
>>7665403

Weed makes you think you're smart and makes you ponder about meaningless shit, meanwhile it's making holes in your brain and completely destroys your short term memory and makes you irritable when you're not high. It's fun while you're a teenager but eventually people grow out of it for obvious reasons, once you hit the peak of the marijuana high you can't really experience it again, it just becomes boring and makes you realize that the only thing it did is make you slower, hungry and a little tired and for some reason this article on the bilderberg group and lizard people seems fascinating.
>>
>>7666898
Ask Peter Steel how quitting worked out for him.

Nigga was like 6 foot 9, 300 pounds of pure muscle and SEX MAGIC.

Quit drinking WINE, dead same year. After he became an ethiopian aids patient. Skinny as fuck, wasted away.

His heart was too big for his body and this world.
>>
>>7666981
Kek. True. But at least weed doesn't literally kill you like excessive alcohol use does
>>
>>7666998
No, not true at all, that guy is a fucking idiot. Weed like anything else hits everyone differently. And holes in brains? He is confusing it with colonopin.
>>
>>7666981
None of that is scientifally proven. Meanwhile it's been proven that alcohol is worse for you than weed
>>
>>7664192
because there is no reason to? nothing is possible if you lack motivation.
>>7664319
Killing a person is generally a reason to start, not to stop. And destroying a liver is actually quite hard.
>>
>>7664192
Because it makes me feel good despite my depression.
>>
File: 1454550192040.jpg (23 KB, 587x616) Image search: [Google]
1454550192040.jpg
23 KB, 587x616
>>7664253
Be interesting man. It helped me get better all the time. Isolation is hard but we are chugging plastic bottled burnetts we are always alone. The trick is to make them feel alone enough that they come out. Invite him to everything and tell everybody that he or she is a good guy so he's going through some shit. Explain to friend that you will always be there but he has to be there for you.
Any way excuse my ramblings, i am celebrating 7 months without alcohol. Oct 10th 2015. Im not even slowing down, i have done so much in my life to get things done in the last few months that if alcohol got mixed in i dont know if i would be able to make it back. This is one success from many many failures, im just trying to make up for lost time.
>>
The really great thing about scientists is they will research anything you pay them to, The really smart and well paid ones could conclusively find that purple is green and win a ton of arguments. That does not make purple green.

Is alcohol good for you? No It burns. Is weed better for you? No, it costs money and life sucks when you are out of it. It also makes doing nothing fun and that really does not help anyone.

All addiction is the same bullshit. Everyone needs a dangling carrot to chase. Work hard and then you can drink. Work hard and then you can smoke. Work hard and then you can kidnap a hitch hiker and torture them in your basement.

The key to happiness is finding the best carrot.
>>
>>7667038
What economic interests are funding research to demonstrate weed being a relatively healthy drug? Why doesn't any of this economic power convert to political influence?
>>
You already know these answers.
>>
>>7666763
The craziest dreams not always scary but detailed. Anxiety was bad and suicidal thoughts, it goes away in about at week. Then again drank until blood was starting to show up in my puke bucket and toilet. So like 4days. I recommend taking a few days off from work to do it. Two days just lay around and sip sprite and chicken broth. Stay up late and give into exhaustion man you'll get through it.
>>
>>7667098
keep drinking
>>
>>7667100
Sorry im sober now brother. English isnt my first language. Sorry it reads kind of weird.
How many days of sobriety for you anon?
>>
I had a week. You are doing fine with your English.
>>
>>7666203
Good job man. I'm at three months right now. Gonna go to rehab soon for about 16 weeks. After that pick up university again.

To those who say sobriety sucks, how long have you actually tried? I think that the span of time us addicts minds work in rarely is longer then a day.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAGdinXZjSc

it's like half an hour long and most of the time will seem irrelevant, but really listen to what he's saying and you might just escape alcohol.
...except he died young because like we will, he drank himself to death.
i've still never found a video more helpful than this when it comes to changing the way you view alcohol/alcoholism.
>chug
>>
I read up on him rather than listened.

Brothers. Drinking isn't the problem. we are primed for an event. We are just early.
>>
>>7664197
Congratulations man. (No sarcasm)
>>
>>7664192
I actually stopped drinking to lose weight and because I got into lifting.

Maybe you should do something similar?
>>
>>7667198
An addict will support anything that justifies his lifestyle.
>>
Fine, I will fix this.

If you keep drinking you will die. Everything dies, but you will die of drinking.

You wont be able to do yourself in while sobering up. If you are going to die of drinking, do it when you are most drunk and strong. You will pussy out if you are sober.

Make up your mind to live or die. If you are going to die, drink everything you have and do it.

If you are going to live, dump it.

Me, I'm going to finish my drink and move on until someone stops me.
>>
>Be me
>Drink a pint of liquor a day
>Fuck I have an alcohol problem
>Start working at detox center
"And how much did you have to drink today sir?"
"About a gallon of vodka"
>Maybe I'm doing ok

And the great part is I sometimes confiscate pretty decent liquor
>>
>>7667233
you are a bastard, and I am way past you
>>
File: 1450378824705.png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1450378824705.png
51 KB, 240x232
My wife gave birth to her first son a few days ago. She's coming home from hospital tomorrow so I'm having what appears to be my last "drink a whole bottle of bourbon" night tonight alone by myself at home.
>>
Our culture has made something wonderful. We are highly refined, but we have one use. Fuck your frog face. You are ordnance. You have a son. teach him and up his octane.
>>
>>7667243
Fuck off Blake
>>
>>7667276
his name is blake? Gay!
>>
>>7667276
Rude
>>
>>7667304
Rude? Fuck you and your comment. You lack instruction and likely eat too much.
>>
Because after more than a single beer the rational side of your mind that tells you to have self-control and not harm your body completely disappears.
>>
>>7667311
Yes
>>
Alcohol puts you in the now. non drinkers just think towards a future that does nor exist.

Drunks create the future. We act.
>>
>>7667346
do you seek instruction?
>>
>>7667364
I am not sure
>>
made it a week. longest ive gone in years. time to fuck it all up tonight
>>
why do you lack understanding and how can I help?
>>
>>7667364
I am not sure if you are worth guidance. You better be more than sure.
>>
n i g g e r p o s t
>>
>>7667381
fuck you coward. no niggers here
>>
File: Chin up, now, pip-pip!.png (70 KB, 234x273) Image search: [Google]
Chin up, now, pip-pip!.png
70 KB, 234x273
>>7664192
My right hip stops hurting and feeling weird when I have some amount of alcohol in me.
>>
Downed half a handle yesterday getting a fifth today I was trying but I cease to give a fuck anymore
>>
>>7667035
>>7667223
Thanks
>>
Cause I'm fucking scared shit less all the time. And drinking has become my coping mechanism for anxiety

>fuck up
>drink
>fuck up even more
>drink even more
Repeat at infinitum
>>
>>7667727
The majority of your anxiety is caused by alcohol
>>
>>7667748
I've always been anxiety and slightly neurotic. Some days it helps me even get out of the house. But on the whole it's probably making it worse yea
>>
>>7666641
hahaha
>>
>>7667362
That's the biggest bullshit I've heard all day.
>>
File: tfw_thom_yorke-24.jpg (167 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tfw_thom_yorke-24.jpg
167 KB, 640x640
iiin you i'm LOst
>>
>>7666981

>the bilderberg group is uninteresting and not worth looking into
>weed burns holes in your brain

You're dumb
>>
>>7664290
picture of me hiding in south america
>>
Literally the thought of it is the only thing that gets me through work
>>
>>7667763
That just means no one told you they love you today.
>>
who / coughed up blood here/ ?
>>
I piss blood and stink like the dead when i detox. No coughing up blood. You do more than just drink, no?
>>
>>7668551
I knew a guy who did once and I don't even know if he drank as much or as often as I do. I never have yet, knock on the old wood, but I have had a bit of blood in my shit but that was a long time ago, and I think mainly caused by hemmorhoids. I can't get rid of those fucking things and I've had them for years. I don't even strain to shit at all and my stools are pretty normal.
>>
>>7668567
the worst one was when one of my mates noticed the blood in my cough
>>
>>7666664
>pissing 3 times a night
>in sleep even
You may want to get checked, I'm just saying.
>>
>>7668551
I mostly do when I vomit. Probably my entire esophagus has been replaced by ulcer tissue.
>>
>>7668567
Cure for hemorrhoids... frozen hammer.
>>
I come home from work and drink in the privacy of my room cause fuck it, I've no social life and being bored AND sober fucking sucks. So I drink while I play vidya or to help me get a good night's sleep. Plus I have a shit personality and am too quiet. So drinking loosens me up enough to tolerate people, sorta. I'm a wine addict and fuck anyone who complains.
>>
>>7667233
you get to keep the confiscated liquor??
>>
File: drank.png (6 KB, 296x478) Image search: [Google]
drank.png
6 KB, 296x478
I'm looking for a bottle some guy at a party told me about and I can't remember.

He was making drinks at this makeshift bar and he gave me this fucking awesome drink I want to remake. While making the drink he said this;

>add some vodka, half as much XXX, and a dash of rose's lime juice

I can't remember what the XXX was, but while he said it, he was pouring from a glass bottle that kind of looked like pic related. I can't draw very well but I remember the bottle had a wide base and came up to a narrow neck about the size of a palm. There were oranges on the labels.The drink was served shaken very well.
>>
>>7668958
Most likely a kamikaze. XXX is triple sec.
>>
File: combier-orange-liqueur.jpg (112 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
combier-orange-liqueur.jpg
112 KB, 700x700
>>7668958
?
>>
>>7668976
>>7668958
or this?
>>
>>7668981
Yes I think that was the exact bottle.

>>7668974
Kamikaze sounds familiar. I think he may have mentioned that while making it. Thanks.
>>
>>7668985
maybe grand marnier?
>>
>>7665385
Iowa?
>>
>>7669015
No but I live in the midwest right now. I don't think there's a point in saying anything more than that.
>>
>>7664192
Because it feels good.

Rum and OJ for me tonight.

Going to hit the gin and tonic when I wake up tomorrow.
>>
>>7668584
Do you mean that literally or...?
>>
>>7669060
whats the point of saying a Big 10 school in the first place
>>
>>7669114
It's more fortunate than going to a community college or something. I said I was lucky, not that I deserved anything.
>>
>>7665770
>feelsome
Fuck that shit, I feel like Mufasa from the Lion King when I drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liBZsEe3u0k
>>
>>7668551
What's the physioligy behind this?

Why would alchol make you cough bloode?
>>
>>7669228
You can get ulcers and shit
You also need to be 18 to use 4chan.
>>
>>7668551
I used to ejaculate blood for a month or so, but it was when I quit drinking. Started back up and it went right away, suck on that medical/industrial complex.
>>
>>7669271
I'm 24, give me a break.

I drink heavily constantly, and I've never coughed blood outside of a a bad case of bronchitis.
>>
>>7669205
its not fortunate bruh. You got into the school, you deserved it
>>
>>7669228
esophageal varices.
>>
>>7669272
strangely enough, ejaculating blood isnt that rare and not super indicative of serious danger

Peeing blood however, is always a really bad thing and you should get checked out immediately
>>
>>7669358
What about blood in my stool?

It's usually bright red, not black. That means it's not internal, right?
>>
>>7669368
yah not from your digestive system at least.
If it persists tho or you have stabbing pains, get checked out

like all medical advice on the interwebs, take it with a grain of salt
>>
File: 14631828810742139237095.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
14631828810742139237095.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I blew most of my paycheck this week, so I had to cut back on my food spending to pay the bills.
>tfw no amount of booze will fill the empty seats at the table
>>
>>7665461
You can't
>>
>>7669358
Good to know, I'll masturbate more with this knowledge.
>>
>>7669400
get a smaller table

hell, get rid of the table altogether

wala problem solved
>>
>>7664192
A year sober this June 14..

This last year has been.....different...
>>
>>7669518
different how, anon?
I'm trying to cut down on my drinking (from being blackout drunk most nights and drinking every night to a few drinks a couple of nights a week) and my second week in, I am not super hopeful. Just really bored. Did you a hobby? Are you still excited?
>>
>>7669557
Not him, but start exercising man, it does wonders for that boredom feeling and helps with sleep.
>>
>>7669518
Worth it?
>>
Because deep down inside I don't want to.
>>
>>7664253
Holy shit, I wish my drunk brother would read this and realize how much of a pain he is to everyone
>>
>>7664192
I can, i don't drink when i have class or work. Get on my level you degenerate.
>>
My brother drinks beer everyday like a stereotypical white boy. He associates beer with manliness but he refuses to drink liquor.
>>
>>7670278
Just write it on a tiny slip of paper or 12 and leave them lying around
>>
>>7665522
The Internet says psychedelics can help people quit their drinking habits (I suspect it's the realization of just how badly their habit is hurting them), but in my experience it had no impact on my habit whatsoever.
In fact some of my greatest times would be with childhood friends, some minor dosing, and finishing two handles in a night. It's different for everyone but as an experienced, longtime psychedelic user, the desire to quit drinking or not already exists in you; a psychedelic experience can just help you realize it.
>>
>>7668644
I don't "get to" but that doesn't mean I don't.
>>
>wake
>drenched
>oh god not again
>put sheets on top of ocean of piss
>sleep for like 5 mins until they too are saturated
>fall asleep on floor practically weeping
>wake again
>down half bottle of vodka
>instantly throw up all over floor
>need to sleep, everything is soaked in bodily fluids
>still alive
>kill me
>>
File: 1458797026035.jpg (69 KB, 460x611) Image search: [Google]
1458797026035.jpg
69 KB, 460x611
I had a drinking problem. Surely not as serious as some of the alcoholics out there, but still it was bad enough. It had affected my life and my friendships greatly.

One night, 4 months ago, I went to a charity concert organised by my best friend. I got piss drunk because I dont have any self control.
I couldnt even stand up on my two feet.

My friend left his own event that he organised, amd he carried me to the train and then accompanied me all the way back home, even tho it was about an hour away in the opposite direction from where he lives, and it was quite late, 2-3am.

I was grateful, obviously, but in the moments when i could focus enough to look him in the eyes, I saw how dissapointed in me he was. He didnt say a word. I felt like shit, and I knew that what i was doing was discusting.

Since then i havent had any alcohol.
Feels good man.
>>
>want to turn my life around
>only thing I managed was switching to boxed wine because it's the cheapest alcohol

I'm saving so much money, everyone.

;_;
>>
>>7664232
feels
>>
File: 20160514_115456.png (492 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
20160514_115456.png
492 KB, 1000x563
>>7664319
>because you haven't killed somebody with your car yet
nearly though. i crashed three times one night last week. a couple of days later i lost my car. not my license, lost that ages ago... but woke up, went out to the car and the fucking thing wasn't there. zero memory of what i'd done with it. i was seconds away from calling the police to report it stolen, but there was crack, heroin and weed paraphernalia all over my house, plus i was conscious of the fact i probably did some stupid shit while blacked out. 6 hours of walking around my town later, all the time terrified that i'd encounter a burning wreck, cordoned off and surrounded by screaming family members of the deceased, and angry coppers clutching my mugshot, i finally found it parked at a pub. zero fucking memory of driving it there, and apparently forgot i'd done so and walked home.
>or you haven't killed yourself by destroying your liver
invincible, bitch. my diet is supremely healthy, and i haven't deviated from it for 15 solid years. in parts of the world where a lot of complex carbs are eaten, like rice or potatoes, alcohol related diseases are massively, hugely more common. the GAPS diet excludes them all, all i eat is veg, fruit, nuts, eggs and meats, all unprocessed and all organic. nothing else. so even after 22 years rekt on everything from vodka to heroin, all liver function tests come back "normal".
pic is 2 days worth of booze and valium, with me drunk and looking smug at midday, after 2 joints, 70cl of smirnoff and half a sleeve of valium. feelsgoodman.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.