[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I browned the butter for my KD and it tasted and looked exponentially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 39064.jpg (43 KB, 220x344) Image search: [Google]
39064.jpg
43 KB, 220x344
so I browned the butter for my KD and it tasted and looked exponentially better
is there anything else I can do to it to make it even more good/different without costing much or anything?

it'd be nice if I could make this garbage almost entirely unrecognizable/gourmet so I can feed it to other people for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP
>>
use real cheese
>>
>>7660232
This. It makes all the difference. I like to melt in some blue cheese, gives it a nice smokiness.

You can't really make box mac and cheese unrecognizeable. Either embrace it and doctor it a little, or don't eat it at all.
>>
File: 1447243915171.jpg (41 KB, 497x426) Image search: [Google]
1447243915171.jpg
41 KB, 497x426
>Kraft changed the recipe and it tastes like hot garbage
>Loblaw's had a stash of the old KD and sold it under their store brands but they've long since run out

Just drown it in hotsauce, the burning will distract you from the sadness.
>>
>>7660214
I've browned some onion and ham and added it to it and it makes it delicious

Don't forget the tabasco or whatever kind of hot sauce you got laying around
>>
>>7660214
>KD

is this some new reddit emoticon?
>>
Dry mustard and nutrmeg.

A bit of lemon juice too, or some other acid.
>>
File: @325.jpg (128 KB, 490x319) Image search: [Google]
@325.jpg
128 KB, 490x319
>>7660237
they substituted tartrazine/Yellow #5 with spices such as paprika, turmeric, and annatto

which has seemed to reduced flavor
it makes me wonder if theres something more you can add to substitute for the loss of tartrazine
>>
>>7660255
Does tartrazine have any flavour?
>>
>>7660262
well obviously it would because its the only thing they've changed
>>
>>7660278
That must be another, more recent change because they sure as hell changed the noodle when they changed the cheese.
>>
>>7660282
tartazine is the only part of the orange cheese powder that they've changed
>>
Make taco ground beef white trash way. Like brown half a pound of ground beef, add the taco seasoning, add the water, simmer it until thickened. Mix that with your box of KD. Taco mac n cheese. It's so easy and makes it's way on to the red carpet so hastily after this addition. Just try it. Other wise you will not know what you are missing. Thank you
>>
>>7660577
Here I add the recipe for you all! Enjoy!
http://www.food.com/recipe/tex-mex-kraft-dinner-223588
>>
Add an egg
>>
>>7660214
A bit of sugar or...peanut butter.
>>
>>7660577
>>7660578
One of my all-time comfort foods.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 795x179) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19 KB, 795x179
>>7660214
>>
>>7660214
>use real cheese
>add meat and vegetables (bacon and onion diced up is always nice
>add sauces/spices/flavours. BBQ sauce, ranch, sriracha anything goes well with KD. mix it through. Takes like 30sec to make your own teriyaki sauce, try that.
>cook on the stove, tastes better than microwave
>dont eat KD as the main dish. box and freeze half of it and make it a sidedish to something, like some meat or vegetables or something
>>
>>7660214
Literaly WHAT.
>Not buying pasta/macaroni/whateverthefuck and buying actual cheese.
>Not throwing pasta/macaroni/whateverthefuck into salted boiling water and putting it on a plate when it's done.
>Not adding butter/oil, spices and herbs to it and shredding actual cheese onto it and mixing it.
>Or actually cooking it in any other way there is.
>>
you're never going to make it unrecognizable because the noodle quality is pretty crappy

I just made a box thanks to this thread and I used browned butter. it was my first time browning butter so I went a bit lighter than what most people probably do, but I went until it smelled nutty

pretty fantastic. the way I've been improving kraft mac is by doing 3 tablespoons of milk rather than 4 and then making up for it by adding a spoonful or two of sour cream. I did both browned butter and added sour cream, and I think that'll be my new go-to for sprucing up mac and cheese
>>
>>7662307
>because the noodle quality is pretty crappy

I weighed the noodles in a box of KD with my kitchen scale, and then used that to measure out Barilla brand. Then I prepared theme exactly like the directions.

A noticeable improvement in quality, but the cheese packet just isn't the same anymore.
>>
>>7660214

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOZYESQVHxs
>>
>>7660214
Use sour cream instead of both milk and butter. Just use sour cream. And real cheese if that's not too costly for you.
>>
>>7661227
It really is actually good tasting for what it is
>>
Bake it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.