[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving out soon, and the only thing to my name is a rice cooker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 51ceEOV+uRL._SL1000_.jpg (46 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
51ceEOV+uRL._SL1000_.jpg
46 KB, 1000x1000
Moving out soon, and the only thing to my name is a rice cooker and coffe machine.
What are some essential kitchen equipment?
>>
Food.
>>
A sieve is good
And thin stainless steel bowls
>>
>>7657558
Knife block
>>
A knife. A cutting board. Two pots. Two pans. A baking tray. A thermometer.

Literally all you need.
>>
>>7657569
Oh, and a couple of stainless steel bowls.
>>
>>7657562
>>7657565
any recommendations, I don't want to skimp out but I also don't want to over pay for meme brands.
>>
>>7657573
I have a knife block/set from Sabatier, but given that the average person (like me) doesn't maintain their knives I would just say save some money and go for the cheap stuff.

Just make sure they're made of metal.
>>
>>7657573
With the sieve and bowls, just get anything. Doesn't matter, they're all the same

For knives, get the ones in your photo.

Chopping board, just make sure it's wood/plastic. Beyond that it doesn't matter.

Two stainless steel saucepans, one cast iron skillet, one teflon pan.

No thermometer needed, dunno why that guy said that.
>>
>>7657573
The only thing you need to worry about when it comes to a knife block is wether it could potentially damage your knives. I got a wooden one for christmas which had a stainless steel strip placed in such a way that the base of the blades would rest against it. Completely retarded design. I'd personally go for one of those magnetic plank things you put on the wall.

As for bowls, I prefer the rounded ones to the flat-bottomed, but either is good. You can buy them pretty much anywhere that sells kitchen supplies and they're never expensive.

Don't worry about brands.
>>
>>7657558
>Frying pan/Skillet
>a saucepan
>a large pot
>At least one knife (Paring and chefs is better, bread knife abonus)
>seive
>wooden spoon
>spatula
>bowls for mixing and for storing food (try pyrex with lids as they double as an ovenproof dish)
>a set of cutlery for eating
>plates, bowls for eating out of.
>baking tray
>cutting board
>kettle is optional as you have a coffee machine

I consider this the bare minimum if you want to implement most cooking techniques.
>>
>>7657629
Forgot to add a whisk can do wonders although it is not necessarily essential for most home cooking.
>>
File: c61Sa5x.jpg (43 KB, 1000x673) Image search: [Google]
c61Sa5x.jpg
43 KB, 1000x673
>>7657558
refrigerator
>>
>>7657666
And a freezer.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.