[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to make milk tea without it sucking? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 671x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 671x542
Is it possible to make milk tea without it sucking? What's the trick to it? And finally, for the enteral question, how retarded is this idea?
>>
>>7657162
Wat. Just use condensed milk in hot tea.
>>
>>7657172
No, see, I wanted to make the tea entirely out of milk. I drink close to a gallon a day, and I figured doing a lot of it as tea would be cool.
>>
File: 1460702789651.png (36 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1460702789651.png
36 KB, 321x322
>>7657178
>>
>>7657189
The main Problem I've run into is that it doesn't steep well because the milk is actually more dense then the tea packet, making it float to the top. The other problem I have is heating the milk. You can't use a normal teapot, or else the milk will scorch, and putting it through a coffee maker is a nightmare in cleaning.
>>
>>7657178
You can't. Just make regular milk tea.
>>
>>7657242
C'mon, give me a little more then "you can't" Why can't I? Besides the two problems I mentioned the tea turns out fairly well!
>>
>>7657162
>Is it possible to make milk tea without it sucking?
Take milk, heat it just below the boiling point, put in a bunch of black tea leaves in it, keep the temperature up until the leaves fully unfold and infuse properly.
You can even use whole milk, because it will get pasteurized in the process.

And yes, it's a pretty retarded idea. The milk has tallow in it, which prevents the tea from properly infusing. Your best bet would be making tea, and then adding A LOT of dry milk on top of it.
>>
>>7657201
honestly skim milk powder.
sounds faggotry but the best way I've gotten for having milk tea. But I usually make milk tea to serve cold so I'll steep my tea, let it come to room temp mix in my skim milk powder and then refrigerate or just serve over ice
>>
>>7657265
>>7657282
Ah, alright! Thank you comrades!
>>
>>7657265
THis. But i think bitterness of tea kind of complements well with smoothness of milk. Strong assam/ceylon teas are best for this.
>>
Vivec did nothing wrong.
>>
>>7657713
this
had the people of morrowind not stopped loving him, baar dau wouldn't have crashed into vivec city and the red year wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>7657729
Almsivi bless.
>>
>>7657178
My idea would be to make really concentrated tea and then mix it with milk and maybe sweetener.
>>
>>7657768
> really concentrated tea
It's called chefir.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.