[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this sandwich? Is fresh turkey the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 20160509_122604.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160509_122604.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
What do you think of this sandwich?

Is fresh turkey the greatest luncheon meat? I think so.
>>
Mmm, not bad, nice hot mustard, good bread, turkeys a little dry... THE TURKEY'S A LITTLE DRY!!!
>>
>he actually made something himself
>there's stuff on it that's almost green

No, deli turkey is a step above deli chicken (the worst deli meat) and just below ham with 90% water added. Get some braunschweiger, or even an olive loaf next time.
>>
>>7653994
ANON THAT WAS VERY SELFISH OF YOU
>>
Anyone else can't stand untoasted bread in sandwiches ? Unless it's good quality baguette or high quality baker bread it always tastes like shit to me when it's untoasted
>>
File: 445094.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
445094.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>7653994
Oh, foul the cursed thing! What demon from the depths of hell created thee?!
>>
>>7653984
To me turkey sandwich is boring, boring, boring. But I know many people who love them. I think its popularity has more to do with people thinking it's a healthy option than the allure of its flavor, which isn't much.
>>
>>7654031
People always say turkey is bland but I don't think so, it does have a more subtle flavor but a flavor regardless
>>
>>7654058
I'm not a big fan of Turkey or mayo, bit together with some pickles is a GOAT sandwich.
>>
>>7654058
I suppose. To me turkey managed the amazing trick of being both salty and bland at the same time, making it my last choice for a sandwich. For flavor there are much better choices, and for health eating deli meats on a regular basis is a poor choice anyways.
>>
>>7654084
As turkey is not naturally salty, what you're actually complaining about is that you've had shitty saline-bulked processed "turkey". Of course it was crap.

Now some slow roasted, thick cut turkey with a good hot mustard...
>>
>>7654031
>>7654084
smoked turkey is where it's at.
>>
>>7654086
>>7654092
You'd take that over an Italian cold cut combo? I don't see that.
>>
>>7654193
>You'd take that over an Italian cold cut combo?

Absolutely, in a heartbeat.

>I don't see that.

Then I'm sorry for your poor taste and the choices you make in life.
>>
>>7654228
My choice is to avoid deli meat most of the time. But if I'm gonna do it I fail to see how turkey could win out over ham, salami and provolone or even just a decent ham and Swiss. It just doesn't have the flavor.
>>
>>7653994
Kek
>>
>>7654325
I didn't say deli meat. I said slow roasted thick sliced turkey with a nice hot mustard.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.