[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know how big of a part forest fires played in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Does anyone know how big of a part forest fires played in the evolution and consumption of meat of early humans? Is this why so many people enjoy the taste of smoked foods?
>>
File: Clear Cutting.jpg (507 KB, 1100x1500) Image search: [Google]
Clear Cutting.jpg
507 KB, 1100x1500
Burning down forest is such a fucking waste

Why commit to deforestation if you aren't gonna fucking personalize the destruction of trees
>>
>>7653221
Forest fires are a natural phenomenon that need to happen every so often for a healthy ecosystem.
As for the question, I doubt it. We enjoy cooked / smoked foods because they were easier to digest and get energy from than raw sources.
>>
File: yee.jpg (227 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
yee.jpg
227 KB, 1000x1200
>>7653226

Like a controlled fire I understand because the regrowth of new trees

But straight up slash and burn tactics are a lazy man's way to profit off pollution. If you're gonna raise your carbon footprint do it like a fucking super villain would
>>
>>7653221
Is that michael jackson destroying nature?
>>
>>7653229
>But straight up slash and burn tactics are a lazy man's way to profit off pollution

Some third world countries do this because it's their only source of energy. Madagascar is getting fucked hard because that's all they can do.
>>
Not really in the mood for smoked Canadian bacon
right now. Wish them all the best.
>>
I think it has more to do with the fact that we learned how to use fire and the more tolerant we were of the smoked taste the better.
>>
>>7653220
Are you fucking stupid?
When a forest fire breaks out, there's two types of animals. Those that are smart or fast enough to escape, and those that are engulfed by flames and burned to a crisp.
There is no middle ground along the lines of "roasted to medium rare perfection" which can be enjoyed by humans or other predators and it certainly didn't influence our taste or cuisine.
However, forest fires made it very easy to ambush or hunt prey, provided that you could still get away from the flames yourself. Some birds, and certainly some humans too, use this strategy.
>>
>>7653331
You're a fucking idiot, there's a local organic indie produce restaraunt down my street that serves medium rare venison steaks cooked exclusively by naturally occurring forest fires. It's the most ecological way to eat you uncultured swine.
>>
>>7653367
kek
>>
>>7653229
a cool thing that happens after forest fires is extreme plant growth from all the Co2 in the air

its why crop burning was used so much in australia by the aboriginals before they overdid it and turned it into a desert
>>
>>7653510
>implying aboriginallies had the capacity to create fire.
>>
>>7653510

The best sounding theory i heard is that they were knuckle dragging brutes who set fire to the whole forest, walked in after and picked up the dead bodies of animals so that they were already "cooked". Ive never heard of an abo engaging in agriculture.

Also, they are laxy and there were not many of them when whites arrived. I bet they wasted most of australias resources quickly.
>>
>>7653220
I can't tell ya why smoked food tastes good to many humans, but smoking is a preserving method. It's been around for a very long time.
>>
>>7653220
We have been using fire to cook food since we were called Homo Erectus because it gets rid of bacteria and makes the protein easier to digest. Naturally, fire produces a smoky taste so we grew to like it if for no other reason than survival purposes

has nothing to do with forest fires ya dingus
>>
>>7653510
Plant growth after forest fires have nothing to do with CO2 in the air and everything to do with primary nutrients (phosphorous and nitrogen) deposited terrestrially, along with freshly opened ecological niches.

You fucking dunce
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.