[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /ck/ ever heard of flameado? I forgot about it and saw it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 348s.jpg (29 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
29 KB, 348x348
Has /ck/ ever heard of flameado? I forgot about it and saw it on the menu last night and ordered some. I'm not sure if it's authentic Mexican food but at local tex mex joints it's on every menu as an appetiser.

Basically is a big bowl of melted cheese served with flour tortillas. It isn't like chili con queso or nacho cheese, it is not a dip or sauce. It's a melted white cheese, most likely queso quesadilla, Oaxaca, or Monterey jack. There's usually chunks of fajita beef mixed in, sometimes there are also peppers, onions, mushrooms, and occasionally chicken or chorizo. It's basically a build your own quesadilla plate, I'd like it to a tex mex version of a Philly cheese steak.

Is this a common dish or appetiser outside of Texas?
>>
>>7652165
>No new posts
Never heard of it, I'll check it out next time I head out for Mexican. Looks pretty decent though.

FUCK THE STOREFRONT CAPTCHA GOD DAMN.
>>
>>7652165
Never heard of it, but damn it looks good. Might have to try it.
>>
File: felix2.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
felix2.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
>>7652165
I have never seen this and I live in tex-mex land. It may be a thing that particular restaurant made up.

Also here's a picture of some 'world famous queso' (for real)
>>
>>7652212
It's good. I always forget about it because it's under the appetisers section, usually alongside various nachos, quesadillas, and dips. It's nothing fancy or high brow, expect a literal clump ball of melted cheese, fajita beef, and a plate of tortillas. The coolest version I've seen was the server gave it to you with a shot of Bacardi 151. He'd dump the shot on top and light it off to sort of flambé the cheese. Alternately you could drink the shot and then eat.
>>
Damn, that sounds pretty good. Never seen it on a menu before, but I'd be tempted to try making it at home.
>>
>>7652225
I thought it might be regional or rare since I've never seen it discussed here. It isn't particularly popular in this part of the state but literally every restaurant serves it and people know what it is. Everyone's at least tried it. What part of Texas are you in? I'm deep southeast but have seen it offered in the Houston area and north of there up into conroe and Huntsville.
>>
>>7652238
Houston, but it's not at either of the places I normally go. Apparently they have it at Teotihuacan, but that's a good drive out for me.
>>
>>7652246
Interesting. I'm going to start paying attention to who offers it. Like I said I forgot about it and haven't ordered it in years but literally every place here sells it. And I know it isn't just this city, I've gotten it hours away from here. It's pretty much what your picky uncle orders because he doesn't eat onions or green stuff but everyone that has it loves it in its meaty cheesy simplicity. To me it has exactly the same appeal of a Philly cheese steak.
>>
As someone who lives in the northeast part of Mexico on the frontier, it's pretty much a staple for every restaurant out here. Whether it's from a chain or a local one, all of the menus have it as "queso flameado", a cheap homemade version of it is to put chorizo sausage instead of fajita in there. It's fucking tasty, so try it.
>>
>>7652246
They serve it at Los Cucos. With corn tortillas made in-store, as well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.